I.

Soulmate Drabbles

the one where soulmates are reincarnated and keep finding each other throughout their different lives, with a little adjustment.


She was Stephanie.

She wore a Victorian dress – dim golden flower embroidered satin blouse, its roots curl around her waist like a snake – and a pocket knife tightly concealed under her many layers of gown, strapped high to a milky white thigh. Smiling eyes and a dazzling smile buried her venom dripping fangs – she knew she was dangerous. And so did the bodies lying on her feet.

In another life, she was Mei Ying, a leader of something big in the far land of China. Rose painted nails dragged along open skin of anyone who dared to impose her. Her eyes were smiling, luscious lips curl in such a sweet, honeyed smile as she ran the tip of her knife along bared throats of those who worshipped her. Pity humans for a little sacrifice.

She had lived dozens of life and in every life, she found her. A lithe young woman, almost the same age as her, with flowing raven tresses and a pair of piercing brown eyes. She was a policewoman, the only one who gathered up courage to confront her dirty, dirty family that led her to the mighty, blood drenched guillotine.

Her. She was Erika, Tai Yan, and thousand names but she’s her.

She was once again standing across her – the leader of a rival group, raven curls framing delicate features of her face and sharp chocolate orbs that sent crackles of electricity in the air between them. She smiled, a genuine one, and murmured,

“I’m glad I found you.”

(In the end, she died. In every lives she’d had – before her head rolled into the bucket prepared near the guillotine, before a knife sunk deep into her heart – she always smiled, crescent shaped eyes directed to her, and,

“Next time, find me.”

)