Chapter 4

"Lost Without You"

 

 

                     " Don't you know that I'm mortally ashamed to be your friend Lee Hyun-jae? "Ga-Eul announced loudly the following morning she had met up with Hyun-jae in the office of the school news paper, where Hyun-jae spent most of the morning typing up a story and articles for their school paper.

                     " Yeah, that's the 3rd time you've told me-- "  Hyun-jae  looked up at the digital clock on the wall..  " in 20 minutes! "

                      She glanced down at her notepad to check it up and, satisfied that her article was as perfect as she should make it, she saved and printed out those files.

                     She turned around her chair to look at her friend.

                    " Look Ga-Eul, what’s the big problem?"

                    " What's the big problem?"Ga-Eul couldn't believe what she was hearing. "The big problem is that you dumped kim kibum at the Christmas party! aisshh.."

                    " So? what's so brilliant about Kibum?" He's only the captain of the soccer team after all"

                    Ga-Eul  sighed.  " Hyun-jae, you might not notice but kim ki bum is not just the captain of the school soccer team. He's also a SUPER Hunk, the guy that most girls at Sangi would kill their grandparents for! They say that some national magazine is even interested in him, doing some modeling for them, so gorgeous is he!.. And you went and left him standing there! The conclusion here is that you’re seriously off your head!! "

                      Hyun-jae shrugged, couldn't help but be amused-- and more than a little flattered-- by all the commotion she seemed to have caused by ditching Kibum last night.

                     " I'm a journalist, or at least i hope to be one someday, I had a story to get! "

                     " And did you? "

                     " Not actually. "She admitted.

                     " See! So it was all a waste of time after all! If you'd have listened to me you could have stayed with Kibum last night, and this morning you'd be the envy of every female in the world! "

                    " You know Ga-Eul? "--Laughed..  " You're obsessed with guys! "

                    Ga eul nodded happily. " Siwon-- you know the guy i met last night? "

                   "aiissshhh... How could i forget? you never stopped talking about him.! "

                   " Siwon is just one of the most wonderful guys in the world! Kind, intelligent, and so good-looking!"

                   " Haha.. well that’s what you said about Joon! and  the one before and the other one before him...."

                  " well at least i go out with boys, unlike you-- always chasing after the next big story! "

                   " I've been known to go out with boys too!.. you know! "    

                    "  Guy?? duh.. that was almost over 12 months ago! 1 year to be precise .. " Ga-Eul  said. She looked seriously to Hyun-jae.  "Listen! We're 18, and we're getting older. we've got to have fun now while we can and before its too late!!~ "

                              Ga-Eul  opened her laptop and logged in her facebook account.. She scanned over those press release on her news feed and then get shocked.

                              " O.. M.. G.. !! Super Junior are coming to town ? i can't believe this! SUJU are coming!"

                             Hyunjae who was Fixing up some files at her own desk, shrugged....

                            " Super Junior ? Who are Suju ? "she asked..

                            " You dance to them last night, when Kibum dragged you out on the dance floor! "     

 

                            “Oh yeah, I remember!” Hyunjae smiled. “So who are they?” She asked for the 2ndtime.

                             Gaeul passed over her laptop w/c contains the photos for Hyunjae to take a look. Hyunjae nodded wisely to herself.  She had been right last night when she guessed that the 6 guys in the band were a bunch of opportunists who were banking that their pretty-boy looks would take the place of talent and make them into stars.

                             Gaeul sighed and bragged the boys out! “Super Junior are just the best band that have ever appeared on the scene in this millennium!”

                           “So why I haven’t heard of them? Before last night, I mean. “

“They only formed a few months ago, that was their first single – Lost Without You – that you heard last night.”Gaeul explained knowledgeably.

                            Hyunjae smiled, handed the laptop back to Gaeul… “So… if they’ve only released one track, how come you think they’re the greatest band in the world?”

                            Gaeul shooked her head sadly. “Hyunjae! W/ looks like these boys have got, they’re bound to be big!”

                            “Haha! As expected answer from you, but far pretty for me!”   Hyunjae said dismissively. She remembered Kibum’s handsomeness. She could certainly imagine him as a model advertising a new brand of jeans, all tough and masculine. Maybe she’d been wrong last night to ditch him for that non-existent scoop.

                            “Oh..My..Gosh! These guys are to die for, you know!” Gaeul pointed out the members of the band one by one. “That’s Hangeng!” she said pointing to a hunk Chinese looking guy, dressed in a trendy shirt, hip-hop shorts and a back-to-front baseball cap. “ He plays drums! This chinky cute guy here is Henry; he plays violin or sometimes acoustic guitar.”

                            Gaeul pointed a tall boy, whose eyes are so loveable. “That cool one is Kyuhyun, he’s one of the vocals and he’s in the rhythm guitar. And that’s Ryeowook, the cutest guy ever… he plays lead guitar or sometimes piano and does backing vocals too.. And this mean and moody gorgeous guy with a designer suit w/o tops inside is Teuk, on bass guitar!”

                            Hyun-jae pointed to the sixth member of the group, who was standing in the foreground. He is tall, dressed in black leathers, and a white muscle shirt. He had a blond hair which curled over the color of his leather jacket; there’s a tiny crucifix-shaped earring hanging in his right ear.

                             Hyun-jae found herself instantly disliking him: This guy oozed attitude and over-inflated opinion of himself too. Even so, he has dominated the photograph and it was hard to take her eyes off him.

                             “And who’s this?”

                              “I’ve left the best for last!”said Gaeul, sounding just like a star crazy, love-struck school kid. “That’s HC! Suju’s lead singer and leader. He writes all their songs too. Isn’t he the hunkiest thing you’ve ever seen in your life?”

                              “I wouldn’t let Siwon hear you say that! And what sort of name “HC” is anyway?”

                             “No one knows… hmmm.. Hey Hyunjae! You think that you’re such a good reporter right? Why don’t you try and find out?”

                            “Somehow I don’t think discovering the real identity of a 2ndrate-rock star is going to help me get a job on the local paper when I leave school.”

                            “hmmm.. You’d have no chance anyway.”

                           “And why’s that?”

                           “The boys are coming to play at the Seoul’s concert hall – I must get some tickets, but there’s a strict ban on interviews. No one is allowed to get near them, not even the national papers. As far as press is concerned Super Junior are strictly off-limits.” Ga-Eul said, reading from press release.

                          Hyun-jae turned Ga-Eul’s laptop and read it more closely. There was an eager and challenged look in her eyes. “Off limits are they? We’ll see about that!”

Ga-Eul looked at her chingu warily. She knew that is something is forbidden to Hyun-jae the more she went right out there and have it. If she wanted something, then she usually got it. Suju had better watch out!

 

next/////////