Sometimes It's Risky

It Started With A Backstage Pass

 

MIANHAE FROM SUCH A LATE UPDATE -____- I guess it was more of a hiatus right?

 

 

 

Your POV*

 

Aish! I really don't want to go to school. I haven't really done anything but be your typical fangirl with internet. Work was cancelled twice for me, so I think I'm going to be fired soon. That can't happen! I should work harder. I need to promise myself that I'll work harder.

 

"You hear yourself ___! You need to work harder to-"

 

*ring*

 

"I didn't need self-motivation anyways," pouting at my interrupted motivation session, which I do almost every other day, I picked up the phone to see it was In Na. 

 

"YAH! Do you have any idea how late you are?" In Na basically screamed into my now bleeding ear.

 

"What are you talking about? Are you going crazy again?"

 

"AGAIN?! We planned weeks ago for you to help me babysit for some brats at the hotel. There are like 20 kids here that some parents just dumped on me!”

 

“Don’t you have the day off? It’s Sunday, and why are you at the hotel?

 

“No one wanted to cover for some girl that’s in the hospital, so my parents dumped it on me.”

 

“They’re in the hospital? How long has it been?”

 

“Like six months now? Why do you think we planned this weeks ago?”

 

“Fine, fine. I’m coming. I just need to get dressed see you in a few.”

 

“You better! Annyeong.”

 

Wae! Why do I have to do this? Now I have to be active! At least I’m doing something productive. Who am I kidding? The whole world knows anything is better than dealing with a bunch of little kids. In Na owes me.

 

I went to my room, took a quick shower, and got dressed within 15 minutes. I don’t even eat my food that fast!

 

I put on my old converse and walked out the door. Of course I locked it. I’m not that stupid. I walked down the stairs of my apartment and waited for the bus. It’s time likes these I wished I had a car. I saw the bus coming up, so I took out my bus pass. I ended up dropping my purse, and everything in it out, resulting in an irritated bus driver and bus passengers. They just pulled up too! Why they’re so mad, I have no idea.

 

“Hurry up lady!” the bus driver yelled honking his horn.

 

“I’m moving as fast as I can!” I ran up the steps after cleaning everything up and swiped my pass. I got a nasty glare from the driver the whole time and the passengers weren’t so friendly either. What do you want me to do? All I did was drop my stuff!

 

The bus drive was pretty long considering the hotel was only 10 blocks away in Seoul traffics. Some guy decided that walking in front of a moving bus more than 30x his size was a good idea. I swear idiots just need to go away to an island and have their own Hunger Games.

 

I stepped off the bus, getting another angry glare, and walked into the beautiful hotel plaza. The staff needs more credit for maintaining such a gorgeous place. I went to the daycare room which was on the other side of the hotel. I guess they would prefer their guests don’t hear constant screaming. Parents need to just take care of their kids instead of just throwing them somewhere.

 

I opened the door only to be greeted the screams ranging from 2 year olds to 16 year olds. Really? 16 year olds were not only screaming, but were just in the daycare room in general? There is definitely something wrong with that.

 

“Oh thank god you’re here! You have no idea how long you took,” In Na gave me her signature ‘what do you have to say for yourself’ looks. Whenever you see it you just have the need to explain to her. She’ll be a good mother.

 

“Well, you called right after I woke up, screamed at me while I was still processing how to breathe, and I had to take a shower. Plus! There was really bad traffic, and I dropped my purse and it just threw all of its content out.” I had my hands on my hips the entire time giving her my ‘as a matter of fact’ voice.

 

“As long as you’re here. Can you just get those older kids to stop screaming? I don’t know what their parents do, but those kids are just stupid and ill mannered.”

 

I nodded and walked to the front of the room. I yelled for a little bit trying to get their attention when I just gave up and threw something at the tinted window.

 

“I WANT ALL OF YOU TO BE QUIET. NOW.” Everyone was just silent except the crying of the 2 year olds which is understandable. “I want all of the kids from 11 and up on the right side and everyone younger on the left. They were silent and I got a thumbs up from In Na.

 

I started giving orders left and right. I have In Na prepare snacks while they all cleaned up their mess. I decided that we were all going to watch a movie but only if they cleaned everything up silently.

 

When they all finished I had them all sit down in front of the TV.

 

“We have 3 choices. There’s ‘Finding Nemo’, ‘Spirited Away’, and ‘My Neighbor Totoro’. Before I know it, kids were screaming left and right. Some even got up and went on about things that made no sense.

 

“EVERYONE SIT DOWN OR NO-” and again I was interrupted again that morning.

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting, but I was told that I was supposed to help out here.” Everything was silent. The only noise was the door closing very quietly. I looked over and it was……Eli. Kim Eli. Kim Eli from U-Kiss. Kim Eli from U-Kiss. I need to just think for a minute.

 

“Hello?” Eli was right in front of me, and I didn’t even notice. I was really out of it then.

 

“Ah- I'm sorry!” I bowed and led him to where In Na was sitting organizing snacks. “I’ll be back after I calm the kids down and start the movie.” I walked away blushing like mad, but he just smiled.

 

Question 1: Why is he here?

 

Question 2: Does he remember me from the concert?

 

 Question 3: Does it even make sense that THE KIM ELI is supposed to be helping out at a daycare? This particular daycare?  It doesn’t!

 

I finally got the kids settled down and they voted on Spirited Away. We passed out the snacks and sit down. Nervous, I sat down and looked at the smirking In Na. Does she know something I don’t?

 

“I’m sorry for interrupting before,” Eli said in an apologetic tone. His voice just made me melt. He’s the rapper for a reason.

 

“It’s perfectly fine. I needed to calm down anyways,” I smiled at him blushing.

 

“Well this is fun right?” In Na said breaking the awkward silence.

 

“Sure. Before you ask anything, I do remember you from the concert. ___ right?” All I did was nod. NOD. I am such a big idiot. I heard his beautiful laugh, and I guess that sparked a conversation.

 

We went from topic to topic with In Na’s occasional input. She seemed pretty fascinated how was just talked and talked. When the movie finally ended it was around lunch time and we didn’t prepare anything. That meant we had to buy something for the little brats. Let’s just say it was a pretty intense rock, paper, scissors contest. In the end Eli and I went. Poor In Na. Hopefully she doesn’t blow up.

 

“So, what are we going to get?” Eli asked was we walked down the long hallway.

 

“No idea. Why don’t we get some chicken, kimbap, and water?”

 

“Why kimbap?”

 

“I love chicken as much as the next Onew, but I had some a few days ago.”

 

“Nice joke. Are you a Shawol?”

 

“Am I a Shawol? Of course I am! U-Kiss may be my favorite group, but that doesn’t mean I don’t explore the wonderful world of kpop.”

 

“Of course,” he laughed as we finally made it out the entrance. “Hey, ___. What if we made this into a game, like a race kind of.”

 

“Explain sir.”

 

“Well there are only 24 people, including you, me and, In Na. We could just split it into 12. You get 12 water bottles, one order of a 12 piece chicken, and 6 packets of kimbap since there’s a lot of kimbap in one packet.”

 

“Hmmm. Interesting. I’m up for it. Call?”

 

“Call. Whoever gets back to the daycare wins. We’ll text each other when we get back?”

 

“S-Sure,” I stuttered. Eli’s going to give me his phone number. That’s every fangirl’s dream! Well any sane fangirl. This is so exciting!

 

We exchanged numbers, with the occasional blushing from me and Eli’s occasion laugh, and we were off.

 

Let the games begin.