First Shot

Our Times | YoonSic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone gathered around the hall. They are all happy and giving the most hard working employee in the company a warm welcome. The girl was smiling proud and receive a hug from her team. And that girl was me. No other than Jessica Jung.

"Ms. Jung, go another success transaction again with our client. I hope you all be like her." The head of ou department says. Mycolleagues starts clapping, and confgratulating me. I was glad seeing them happy for me. I love this job, and I am too it too much. Call me workacholic, I don't mind because I reallly am.

"You did a good job again Miss Jung." Sehun, one of my subordinate told me. I give him a warm smile. They are in my team.

"I knew it the CEO will be greatful to you again. Miss Jung." Jiyeon, another collegue, happily says. I smile appreciating the words I receive from my subordinate and colleagues. Who will not right?

 

 

 

I was busy typing on the desktop. I looks stress out, yet I was focus on what I was doing. This is my job, I love it. Though it was stressing me out I have to do this.

"Hey tell her we gonna leave." Tao told Jiyeon and Sehun. The three want to go home because it was late now. I understand, I want to. But now when I am not finish with this.

"Noona, we are leaving now." Sehun says. I look at them and smile.

"Ok take care." I says as she bid my goodbye. Then my phone ring indicating someone is calling me. I realized that I have a date with my lover. I facepalm and answer it.

"Oh hello?" I answered tiredly.

"Where are you? Don't tell me you are still in the office? Jessica I am here thirty minutes ago." Yuri asked me from the other line, and I know she is mad again because I often ditch our date.

"I will be there just wait for me." I told her as I start packing my things.

"No I will be leaving." Yuri says and turn off the phone.

I look at my picture with her. We look happy there compare now. My love life my work, everything is misearble now

"Where are you going?" The head of our partment came asking the three subordinate of minewho are about to leave.

"You still have things and works to finish. The board meeting will be tomorrow. Tell them Miss Jung you have things to do right?" Mr. Kim told me and my subordinate. The other three were signing me to say no. But as Jessica as a role model I say yes.

"Good, have a good job. Be like Miss jung, a role model." Mr. Kim says and left. My subordinate look tired and sat back.

"Let us be productive and do this. Fighting!" I says cheerfuly, but my subordinate is not cheerful at all.

 

 

I was looking for food to eat in the nearby convenience store since it is another over time at work. I see fruit and look at it. I know it could help me a lot.

"It could help me a lot." I mumbled.

"Let us be productive and do this. Fighting!" I heared as a group of person enter the store, it just like how I says it. I hide in the rack and see my three subordinate.

"I really hate it, we have to work over time because of her." Tao complain. I feel pain in my chest hearing it from them.

"She is a role model remeber." Sehun says and the three laugh.

"Gosh I don't want to be like her. She really a miserable. She was treated by a company like an animela, when alll she did is love the company. She doesn;t get the fair treatment and return. What a miserable person." Jiyeon says and the three buy what they want and left, unbeknown to them I was able to hear all the things they say. It hurts a lot because i feel like reality was slap on my face.

Yes I am miserable and everybody hates me for being a workaholic. My colleagues, my subordinate and even my lover hates me.

I look at myself in the reflection of mine from the glass of the store. Myself who look stress reflected in the glass. Isigh and close my eyes.

When we grow up, we became sophisticated and tend to compromise in order to survive. But then we become someone we don’t recognize. I don't recognise myself at all.

 

 

I look at the old tape of Andy Lao, he is great singer and known in Taiwan. I really like him. I open my old stuff and see my journal. On the background my radio was playing. I sigh as I heard what the DJ from the radio was saying.

"Would you sometimes miss the time when you were rather naive and dared to dream? Is that part of you still there? Do you still remember those people who played an important role in your life? " The Dj from the radio says.

I want to blame my old young self for being like this. If I will be able to meet my old self I will laugh at her an will told her how I became misrable because of her, but I know that wasn't possible beacuse no one can go back to the old times. No one can back to our times.

 

 

I wake due to the sound of my ringing alarm clock. I hate waking up early. Who are not? But I have to wake up I have school to attend. I look at the time, and I am late. I stand and start preparing for school.

"Jessica it is late now!" I hear my mom shouting downstairs. I shook my head as I ran downstairs with the comb still in my hair.

I reach downstairs and eat, and went outside as I get my bag. I push my bike outside the house.

"Oh there she is look, she is really beautiful." The guys from the school start whispering. They are waiting outside of our house. I look at them and smile.

"She is really beautiful. I wish she can like me." Another whisper says. I smile proudly and ride my bike, but then I fall and the guy start running, not to me. But to the school's belle no other than Seo Joohyun. She is quite popular. Every guy like him and even girls. She is beautiful and smart. The guy starts walking with her.

I shook my head and stand and start biking to school. I am late.

Everybody in high school everybody have their own self. Everyone have their own standing of what you are in that school. Sadly speaking I am not in line with the popular one. I am one of the ordinary student way back then. I am not smart enough.

I am just the typical girl that no one will ever look at. A simple girl that is not on anyone's vocabulary.

The teacher starts giving out the test paper. I look at my notebook who is full of Andy Lao's stickers. My best friend, Sunny was busy fantasizing about Andy too. I look at my fiancé’s photo. Yes Andy is my fiancé.

Sunny? Well sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter