two

hunter and hunted

"Hirai Momo. Nice to see you." Mina stuffs the metal capsule down the top of her dress with a polite smile. 

Momo's eyes narrow, and she reaches for her gun. 

How does this girl know her name?

"Put your hands where I can see them." she says, pointing her weapon square at Mina's heart. "I will shoot." 

"Your deductive skills are much poorer than I expected. You should've seen this coming." Mina says, and that's when she leaps off the bed and dashes for the window. 

Momo fires, but she misses. Mina moves impossibly fast, and she lifts herself over the edge of the window sill and onto the balcony. She clings to the ladder of the fire escape and starts scurrying down. Momo quickly follows, but Mina is already close to the ground. Momo curses herself for not noticing the open window in the hotel room, she's better than this.

"I'm telling you, I'll shoot!" she yells.

"Not around so many people, you won't!" Mina responds, and , she's right. Mina has moved into the crowd of late-night Parisians. That's hundreds of witnesses. Momo has no idea how she's moving so fast either, especially in heels. 

She shoves her gun back into her bag and darts in between children, dogs, drunken partiers, following the angelic silhouette of Mina in her baby-blue dress.

"Excusez-moi!" Momo shouts, teeth clenching as she gets closer to her target. God, she's never ed up this badly. Jeongyeon will be so disappointed. 

Mina starts slowing down, ankles wobbling from her heels, breath getting short, and when she's in an arm's reach, Momo grasps her wrist. 

Momo drags her prey down an alleyway, pinning both her arms behind her back. 

"We are going back to my hotel room. You will walk calmly, peacefully, you will not protest or attempt to escape again. Or I will inject you with this lethal poison right here. It'll kill you in 24 hours, and only I have the antidote. You have no choice but to come with me. Understand?" 

Mina smiles. "Why of course I do." 

Momo hates how cocky she is, and she hates how somehow she can't bring herself to kill Mina right here in this alleyway because there's something past those doey eyes, like a wolf in disguise. 

 

Mina is tied to a chair in Momo's dingy hotel room. 

"This is where you're staying?" the girl on the chair asks, taking a surveying look around. "Thought you might be somewhere nicer." 

"One more remark and I'll duct tape your mouth shut." 

Momo lays out her knives, her guns, her taser, and all her weapons on the table, and leans against it, facing Mina. 

She picks a small capsule, the one she had found in Mina's bra (Mina has muttered "Take a girl on a date first" and Momo had slapped her), and holds it in front of her. 

"Can you explain why when I compared this to my photos on record, this capsule isn't accurate to the one I'm looking for?"

"Because it's not the real one." 

"Are you telling me this is a decoy?"

"Possibly."

Momo felt anger rising. She had only four days now. This mission was her biggest disaster yet. She could assassinate politicians, she could break into the strongest of vaults, she could take on 15 men, and yet, here she was, brought to her feet by Myoui Mina. There had to be a better way. 

"I need you to tell me where the real capsule is.

"I can't."

"You can't or you won't?"

"I can't." Mina breathed in, and Momo detected the first signs of anxiety in her. "Because it was already stolen by someone else."