five

hunter and hunted

Mina had made the two of them stay at a fancy hotel.

"This is a stupid idea." Momo had said, pacing the luscious room with its deluxe room service offerings and soft sheets, its view overlooking the spires and shapes of the city. "It's expensive and we'll be easily tracked." 

"I got a cheaper room, just for you." Mina says.

"With only one bed." 

"But it's a very nice bed."

"Where am I going to sleep?"

"We can share."

Momo's face goes utterly hot and red, choking on the images floating into her head. 

"Share??"

 

If Momo had ever attended high school, rather than being educated under a strict woman named Sunmi who taught her how to wield a gun and gouge out someone's eyes, Momo supposes she'd know what having a crush feels like. But this, according to whatever calculations she can make, feels pretty close. 

And yet, now, she's laying here, wide awake, with a sleeping Mina in her arms. She didn't know how they ended up in this position. She'd insisted multiple times that she just sleep on the couch, but somehow now, she's trapped under the sheets with Mina's slender legs slightly knocking into hers and the feel of Mina's chest gently rising and falling being pushed onto hers. 

Love with Jeongyeon was the rough passionate kisses they shared behind locked doors. However, love with Mina feels gentle. But she doesn't want to call either feeling love just yet.

 

Momo has a dream when sleep finally lulls her, a dream of chasing Mina down a long hallway. 

"I don't want to shoot." Momo says. 

"No you don't." Mina yells back. "You don't because you're afraid. You're a weakling."

Momo looks at her hands trembling on the trigger. 

Then she falls.

 

"Do we know even where Minatozaki is?" stresses Momo worriedly, over her bowl of complimentary-continental-breakfast Cheerios. 

"I have an idea of it." Mina replies. "I've been looking through hotel databases to see if she's checked in under any of her aliases."

"But we need to know soon. Before we know it, she could be on the move again."

Momo doesn't notice the mysterious girl with sunglasses on, reading a newspaper in the corner. 

 

Momo is sitting, frustratedly, on the bed, hundreds of papers and pamphlets splayed before her.

"I've checked every article, every event that's going on right now. There's nothing to her tastes. I don't understand what she's here to steal."

"She's an art thief right? What would she want to steal from museums around here, not even new pieces, just famous ones."

"No, no. She's not an art thief for the purpose of purely stealing art. She's stealing art and selling it to private collectors. She's in it for the money." 

Suddenly Momo stops. Her eyes widen and she makes a small gasping noise.

"Wait, wait. . ! I got it." She holds up a small pamphlet. "There's this bank... They're unveiling an art installation at their facilities tomorrow night. They're having a party there, hundreds of rich businessmen will be there, it's a huge gala." 

Mina quirks an eyebrow. 

"So security will be weaker! It'd be way easier to break in and disguise yourself as a guest."

Mina chokes. "Are you telling me... we are about to stop a bank robbery...?"

Momo folds up the pamphlet and lays it flat on the bed. She cracks her knuckles and a grin. 

"Maybe."

 

a/n: im really sorry for the short updates, ive been very busy w school pls forgive me TT