one

hunter and hunted

Over the years, Momo has learned to not let your emotions get in the way of work. When she loads her gun and get out on the field, nothing stands between her and her target. 

But Myoui Mina is an exception. 

 

"You have five days." Jeongyeon says when she hands Momo the document. "The target is one Myoui Mina. Daughter of one of the world's richest billionaires. You don't need to know who." 

Momo stares at the girl in the picture. Her features are elegant, and beautiful. She looks like a fawn, soft and delicate. 

"We need her. Dead or alive. And on her she's carrying a very important metal capsule. You must, must, retrieve that." 

Jeongyeon slides a ticket to Momo.

"She's staying in a hotel in Paris."

"Paris?"

"You'll be fine. I'm trusting you with this. You're not our agency's best for nothing."

When Jeongyeon leaves the room, Momo isn't thinking about how in less than twenty-four hours, she'll be on a flight to kill a girl she's never met. She's wondering how many pantsuits Jeongyeon owns. 

 

"Do you need anything, Madam?" The flight attendant asks Momo. 

Momo swirls the remnants of her drink in her glass. 

"I'll take another one of these." 

She stares at the attendant's name tag. Nayeon. Judging by the slight shakiness in her eyes, the bandaid striping her left wrist, the way she her lips, perhaps she's struggling with something. But it's not Momo's business. 

Momo is a hunter, and she's looking for her kill. That's all that matters.

 

She rents a motel room in a rundown hotel located above a laundromat in a nondescript area. She buys a few baguettes from the bakery down the street and a few other items from a nearby Franprix, and starts preparing for her mission.

 

That night, Momo loads what she needs into a black duffel bag. She takes the metro to nearby the Hotel Rosé, where her target is staying. Paris is busy at night, and she decides entering the hotel by it's front entrance could be dangerous. She slips on her black trench-coat, and pulls her hair back into a ponytail. Then, she slips into a alleyway and melts into the dark. It's time to capture her prey. 

 

 There's a single security guard at the back entrance of the hotel, and Momo knocks him out easily with a gentle elbow to the neck, and takes his keys. For one of the nicest hotels in Paris, their security is quite weak, Momo thinks.

She travels up a winding staircase, to the second floor. She's looking for room 243. 

She spots a figure, standing outside of the room where Mina's supposedly staying. She has on a vest, her hair is trimmed into a bob, and there's a gun in a holster at her side. 

It's Chaeyoung, Mina's supposed bodyguard. 

She spots Momo in an instant, her hand seemingly going to it's instinctive safety place at her holster.

"Excuse you! Where do you think you're going?"

"Where I want to." Momo coldly replies. 

Chaeyoung draws her gun. 

"Not on my watch. One step closer and I'll shoot." 

But Momo knows things. She knows Chaeyoung has never had the guts to kill a man, and she knows that Chaeyoung has had only 5 years of training, while in comparison, Momo has been training since she was thirteen. 

Quickly, Momo ducks and rolls across the ground, taking Chaeyoung by surprise, before leaping up and pressing her forearm against the bodyguard's neck. 

"Too slow." She says in a cold whisper. Keeping Chaeyoung pinned down with one arm, she draws a needle from a pocket in her bag, and stabs it into the woman's side.

"Hey!" Chaeyoung chokes out, before she slumps to the ground.

"Sweet dreams." Momo mutters, and flips through her ring of keys before she finds one marked "243".

With a click of the lock, she gently pushes the door open. It's a grand suite, with a beautiful view from the windows overlooking the nightscape of Paris, with all it's twinkling lights. 

On the huge bed sits a girl, her hair delicately pulled into a bun, wearing a prim and proper light blue dress. In her hands is a tiny metal capsule. Momo bites her lip.

"Hello." Mina says. "I've been expecting you."