I might not be all fine

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Taehyung put his palm on Seokjin’s forehead. „Are you sure you are okay?“ He asked. „Your forehead is burning.“

„I’m alright.“ Seokjin answered with a smile. He didn’t look really alright. His eyes were swollen, his cheeks were red and he had runny nose. Taehyung frowned. He could tell when someone was lying to him and Seokjin was certainly lying. „I don’t believe you, not even nose between your eyes.“ He said in a stern voice. Seokjin giggled. „I swear I’m fine.“ He said and gave Taehyung ungly couching as a proof. Taehyung lifted his eyebrow.

„Just let me take your temperature.“ He sighed. „Tae, I’m completely fine.“ Seokjin told the other and sneezed twice. Taehyung was watching him with arms crossed on his chest.

„Okay. I might be a little ill.“ Seokjin admitted then. Taehyung grabbed Seokjin by his forearm and dragged him to his room, where he forced Seokjin to bed. He covered Seokjin with a duvet, but made sure to put the pink blanket over it. He knows how much Seokjin loves his fluffy blanket. „Stay.“ Taehyung said and left. He came back with a thermometer. „I don’t have to stuff it to your armpit by force, do I?“ He asked, half serious, half joking. Seokjin smiled and took the thermometer.

Taehyung stayed by Seokjin’s bed, until it was time to check Seokjin’s temperature. „Almost thirty nine degrees , Jinnie.“ He looked at his boyfried: „Does that seem fine to you?“

„I guess I might not be all fine.“ Seokjin answered shyly. Taehuyng gave him an angry look. „Sorry.“ Seokjin’s hand peeked from under the duvet and Taehyung held it. „You are staying in bed.“ Taehyung announced: I’m going to take care of you.“ Seokjin thought the other was joking, but Taehyung was dead serious. „Tae, I’m pretty sure I can take care of myself.“ He said. „No. You are ill, you can’t. You have to stay in bed.“ Taehyung answered. „I have experience with taking care of ill people. I was taking care of my brother once, when we were children. And since we are both grown adults, it’s going to be easier.“

„Better said, once adult and one adult sized baby.“ Seokjin thought, as he watched Taehyung get up and leave the room. The detective came back after a while with a cup of tea. „You have to drink tea…don’t you? People drink tea when they are ill, right?“ He asked nervously. Seokjin nodded with a quiet chuckle. He thought it was adorable. Taehyung was like a little child, who was trying hard to be big and take care of his parents, even if he didn’t really know what to do. Seokjin smiled warmly at the detective, who placed the cup on a nighstand next to Seokjin’s bed.

„You should drink it while it’s still hot.“ The detective said He rushed to help the doctor sit up and even take the cup. „I think I can still hold a cup by myself, dear.“ Seokjin said, but he didn’t really mind, he thought it was sweet.

„Sorry,“ Taehyung bowed his head apologetically.

„It’s okay. It’s so cute.“ Seokjin his cheek with his fingers, before returning to the tea. Taehuyng noticed that the doctor is about to put the cup down, so he took it and put it back on the nighstand. Seokjin laid down on his own, but Taehyung was ready to help.

„I feel like a princess.“ Seokjin reached for Taehyung’s hand again. Taehyung smiled. „You deserve it.“ He kissed his hot forehead.

„At least you can rest a little. You always take care of me. So now, I will take care of you.“

„Should I be affraid?“ Seokjin asked jokingly. Taehyung stuck his tongue out. „Please. I think I can take care of you for a few days.“ He rolled his eyes. His Jinnie can be so silly sometimes.

Seokjin pinched the other’s cheek. „I’m just kidding.“ He laughed quietly. Taehyung shook his head. He moved closer to Seokjin and held his hand with both his hands. „Are you going to sit here like I’m on my death bed?“ Seokjin asked and laughed loudly, when Taehyung hit him.

„You are so funny, considering that you are ill.“ Taehyung growled. Seokjin couldn’t help himself and giggle, looking at him. „Come on, laugh a little. It’s not like I’m really dying.“ He nudged Taehyung playfully, but the detective only frowned. Then he lifted Seokjin’s hand and kissed it’s knuckles. „I’m worried about you.“ He confessed.

„Aww, Tae.“ Seokjin cooed and reached to pat the detective’s hair. „I promise it’s nothing. I will be okay in no time.“ They smiled warmly at each other and they fell in a comfortable silence for a while. Seokjin was lying in bed, Taehyung was sitting next to him, holding his hand and occasionaly smiling at each other. That was until Seokjin got hungry.

„Tae.“ He called cutely, which of course caught Taehyung’s attention. „I am kind of hungry.“ Seokjin smiled, wiggling his toes under the duvet. Taehyung immediately jumped from the chair. „Of course, Jinnie! Of…of course!“ He hurtled to the kitchen, but came back almost immediately.

„You know I can’t cook…“ He scratched the back of his neck. „Instant ramen will do, honey.“ Seokjin told him with a smile. Okay, okay, okay, Taehyung was mumbling and he almost hit the door frame, how much he wanted Jinnie to have his food.

It felt like ages to Taehyung, until the water boiled and even more ages for the ramen to be done. The detective thought he will crawl up the wall out of pure desperation. But it was finally done and he rushed back to Seokjin’s room. He was about to feed Seokjin, but he noticed the doctor’s look and just gave him the bowl and chopsticks without a word. He was watching Seokjin eating lovingly and a little dreamily, which was Seokjin very aware of. He didn’t mind, actually he was kind of enjoying it. He liked the look Taehyung was giving him.

„You’ll burn holes in me with your look.“ Seokjin commented and Taehyung blinked and straightened himself. Seokjin gave him a smile with puffed out stuffed cheeks, before returning to ramen. He ate in quiet and Taehyung kept on watching him.

„Don’t you have a case to work on?“ Seokjin asked, when he finished his ramen. Taehyung bit his lower lip. He had. And it was rather exciting. But his poor Jinnie baby is ill… What to do now?

„Yes, I have.“ He responded quietly.

„And I bet it is fascinating.“

„Yes. It is! You see, there is that murderer, who keeps leaving clues, but when we are about to catch him, he always…“ Taehyung started talking enthusiastically about the case, but stopped, when he saw Seokjin’s impish smile.

„Go solve it, my clever detective.“ Seokjin the other’s cheek. „I’m getting sleepy, I will take a nap.“ Taehyung nodded, made sure that his Jin is snuggled to the duvet, before leaving the room.

He shut himself in his study and exhaled deeply. He was worried about Jinnie. He knew it was nothing and that the doctor will be alright soon, but he was still so worried. He almost couldn’t believe himself, being worried about someone. Seokjin changed him so much, Taehyung didn’t even realise it. He sat down on chair and looked at the papers on the table. But everything was so quiet. An ugly silence filled the whole apartment. Silence Taehuyng didn’t like. The apartment was always silent, when Seokjin left to work, but this was different. Seokjin was here. But it was still quiet. Taehyung sighed and leaned back in his chair. He won’t be able to solve the case like that. Besides, has no one he can tell about it.

Taehyung peeked in the room. Seokjin was sleeping soundly in the bed. Taehyung smiled at the sight. He slipped in the room and sat beside Seokjin’s bed, being very careful not to wake the doctor. Taehyung loved watching the doctor sleeping. He looked so peaceful and calm, it was warming Taehyung’s heart. Taehyung took his phone, deciding to look for some tips how to take care of an ill person.

 

Seokjin opened his eyes about an hour and half later and he was very surprised, when he saw Taehyung sitting by the bed. „I thought you were working on that exciting case…?“ He spoke and Taehyung lifted his head, when he heard him. „I was trying to. But I can’t concentrate.“ He explained and Seokjin just nodded.

„Are you hungry? Do you want diner?“ The detective asked then. Seokjin shook his head. „No. I’m still pretty full. The ramen was a little bit too much for me. But thank you, Tae.“ He patted the detective’s head, like a mother would pat her son.

They were talking the whole day and suddenly it was past ten in the evening. „I should go to sleep.“ Seokjin smiled, when he noticed what time is it. Taehyung nodded. He wanted to climb to the bed and lie next to Seokjin like he always does, And he was already half way there, but the doctor stopped him. „No, Tae. You might get ill too. I think it’s better if you don’t sleep with me today.“ Taehyung’s lips curled in a pout. „Okay.“ He said sadly and got up from the bed.

„Sorry.“ Seokjin squeezed Taehyung’s hand and the detective pressed a kiss on the other’s forehead. „Good night, Jinnie.“ He said sadly.

„Good night, honey.“ Seokjin Taehyung’s cheek with his finger, before turning on his side and falling asleep.

 

Taehyung prepared a simple breakfast for Seokjin the next day morning, hoping that it will be enough for his Jinnie and that the doctor will like it. He opened the door to Seokjin’s room right when the doctor was waking up. „Good morning.“ Taehyung smiled wide. Seokjin gave him a sleepy smile in return.

„Did you sleep well?“ The detective asked, as he helped his Jinnie to sit. „Not really. I kept waking up.“ Seokjin answered, not wanting to let go of Taehyung. The detective brought Seokjin the breakfast he prepared.

„Oh, such a handy detective.“ Seokjin cooed and nuzzled their noses together. Taehyung was babbling about the case while Seokjin was eating and the doctor was listening carefully to him.

„It was delicious, Tae.“ Seokjin gave Taehyung an empty plate, so the detective can take it to the kitchen.

„I – I think you should take some pills.“ Taehyung said. He knows that when someone is ill, he needs to take pills. He studied the little boxes of the pills that Seokjin had just in case they were needed.

„Here, take these.“ He pressed two little pills in Seokjin’s hand. The doctor looked up at him. „How are you so sure?“ He asked with a mischievous smile.

„Jinnie baby. Among other things, I'm a chemist. I know what I’m doing.“ Taehyung told him seriously, making Seokjin giggle. „Don’t forget I’m a doctor, honey. I think I know the best what I need.“ Seokjin reminded him and threw the pills in his mouth. Taehyung looked at the floor. He somehow forgot about that. He just really wanted Seokjin to be healthy. Seokjin reached up and squished Taehyung’s cheek between his hands. „I know you are worried. It’s alright, Tae. Come on, give me a smile.“

A box shaped smile came across Taehyung’s face and Seokjin had to smile too. „You are doing well, Tae.“ Seokjin told the other and pulled him down to kiss him on the cheek.

 

Seokjin was on phone with Jungkook and Taehyung was in the kitchen. He was leaning against the kitchen counter and staring at his phone. „They say ‚make a soup‘…“ He muttered for himself: „That shouldn’t be hard. It’s just water with something, isn’t it? So I will just…get water, throw something in and it should be fine?“

Deciding it will be better to take a look in some cook book, he went with seafood soup. He wasn’t sure whether Seokjin likes seafood soup, but he will try. He found everything he needed and took his time studying the recipe. He knew he had plenty of time, once Seokjin got on phone with Jungkook, he was unstoppable. „Worse than women.“ Taehyung thought when he placed a pot on the stove.

 

This was probably the first time Taehyung prayed and it was because Seokjin was going to eat the soup. He held his breath, when Seokjin sipped it. The doctor smiled nicely at the other and his hair. „You tried, Tae.“ He said, before carefully sipping the soup again.

„Is it bad?“ Taehyung asked and Seokjin shook his head. „It’s not bad, don’t worry.“ Seokjin told him. „Is it at least edible?“ Another question, to which Seokjin nodded. „It’s succes then!“ Taehyung high fived his boyfriend.

Seokjin’s temperature was a lot lower today. Taehyung was relieved. „I told you it’s nothing.“ Seokjin pinched the other’s cheek. „I’m so glad.“ Taehyung looked Seokjin in eyes and the doctor smiled. „So am I.“

„So can I sleep with you today?“ Taehyung wondered. Seokjin laughed, the detective was seriously still a little child. „Tomorrow, okay? I promise.“ Taehyung whined, but he was shut up by Seokjin, who gave him a little kiss on his nose. „If you keep taking such a good care of me, I might be all healthy tomorrow.“ Seokjin noted and that made Taehyung excited.

 

Just two days later, Seokjin was in the kitchen again, healthy and Taehyung hugging him from behind. „You said ‚tomorrow‘“ Taehyung frowned. „This was no tomorrow.“ Seokjin turned and kissed the whiny detective on his lips. „But you were patient. And you took such a good care of me. I think you deserve something very special for that.“ He gave the other a mischievous wink and returned to the seafood soup he was making. „To show you how it’s done, Tae, for the next time.“

Taehyung pressed himself closer to his boyfriend. „Very special? I like that. Could you get ill more often?“


A little shorter chapter. I'm sorry, I was sleepy and listening to songs instead of writing. ^^ I decided that this story will have twenty five chapters, because that's my Suga teddy bear's age <3 If you have any request for me, write them in the comments. Thank you for reading and also for commenting, I really love you guys <3