Jinnie's birthday

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Taehyung was sitting at a table, head leaning against one hand and tapping on the table with the other hand. Jin's birthday will come in week and Taehyung had no idea what he should get him. He wouldn't even know when is Seokjin's birthday if the annoying cop didn't tell him. And Taehyung was so nervous because of it now. He tried to remember what his parents were giving to him on birthdays, but it were mainly things Jin certainly wouldn't like. Unless he wanted to have a toy laboratory.. He was thinking about buyinhg him some nice clothes, since Jin liked to look good. The problem was that Taehuyng didn't really now what kind of clothes. Of course he wanted to get Jin some y lingerie, but Jin would kill him.

He sighed and leaned back in the chair. It is so hard to pick a present for his Jinnie. The worst thing is that if he wants to get him something, he will have to go out there and talk to people. Taehyung hated people, he hated meeting them, he hated talking to them, he hated everything about them. Mostly how stupid they were. It took him so long to get used to Jin, even longer to get used to the annoying cop and his red haired boyfriend. Talking to those foreign people will surely destory some his brain cells. Not that it would be big difference...

But even if he was so brave, went out and got Jin something, then what? Just give it to him? That's lame. Everyone could do that. Taehyung wanted to do something epic for Jin. But well, what? He scratched his head. Think, Kim Taehyung, think. You are good at thinking.He growled at himself. Usually birtdays are celebrated. He saw it in films. Not that he watched films by himself. He only watched films when Jin asked him to go watch something with him. There is always a big party. Okay, that will be a problem, because how big can be a party when they have just two mutual friends... And Taehyung won't go searching any of Jin's friends, because he doesn't want to deal with them. So a smaller party will have to be enough. Small party just with them two, Jungkook and Jimin.

He hit the table with his palm. God, why is it so hard to plan a birthday party. What is the worst, he doesn't even know how does a birthday party look. He tried to remember the films. It was always colourful, confetti flying everywhere and balloons, lots of balloons. Just by thinking at it, Taehyung almost got diabetes how sweet it looked. Too sweet in his opinion. But this isn't for him, this is for his Jinnie and Jinnie would certainly like it.

His phone buzzed. He looked at it. It was Jungkook. Taehyung sighed and grabbed it.

Have you solved the case?“

Taehyung growled angrily. He took his phone to both his hands and typed an answer: „Of course I did. It was very simple. It was her cousin. The cousin was very protective and when that man wouldn't leave the woman alone, the cousin just killed him. He thought that if he will throw the body in the river, nobody will find out.“

The police was making Taehyung really angry. It was so obvious, how could they miss all the clues?It was very obvious from all the texts the woman received from her cousin. And she also had the keys from her cousin's house. Apparently frequently used. Maybe I could ask him for help. Taehyung thought. Then he shook his head. No. I have to do it by myself. To show Jinnie how much I love him. He told to himself. He got up. „It's adventure time.“ He said and took a breath.

 

Taehuyng could remember why he hates people. They were so damn stupid. He was put for ten minutes and he regretted the second he took a step out of his appartment. But he has to be strong, he has to do it for his Jinnie.

It took him a lot of time, but he got everything he needed. Balloons, confetti, a big sign saying „happy birthday“, everything. He searched in his mind, to be sure he didn't forget anything. And then it hit him. Cake. He didn't have a cake. At every birthday party, there was a cake. „Damn,“ he growled under his breath. „Where am I supposed to get a cake?“ He scratched his forehead. Jin always baked a cake. Maybe he could bake a cake too... It's just mixing things together. He was doing it all the time when he was doing experiments, baking a cake can't be much different.

He made a mental note about a cake and looked around. He saw a flower shop. Flowers would be great present. Oh yes, flowers will be nice. He added it to his list next to a cake. And now for the worst part.

 

Taehyung will never understand how can anyone like shopping. He was quickly starting to hate it. He was in so many shops and he still couldn't find a present fo Jin. He was about to give up and go home, when he spotted a sweater. It was grey and there was a word, probably in frech made with pink sequins. It looked quite good in Taehyung's opinion, he was sure that Jin will love it.

 

Taehyung was more than happy that he was back in the apartment. He quickly hid everything, so Jin doesn't find out. Right in time, before Seokjin came home. „Tae! Where is my detective?“ He called: „I brought pizza. I don't have to cook!“ He chuckled. He liked cooking, but he was glad when he didn't have to cook. He smiled at Taehyung, who rushed out of his study and hugged him. „You are working hard, aren't you, honey.“ He kissed Taehyung's cheek. The detective smiled. „Yes. I had this really hard case, but I solved it.“ Seokjin smiled proudly and Taehyung's hair. „You are my smart detective.“ He said and watched the detective take the two boxes he was holding. „And a gentleman too.“ He added then.

They were just cuddling on the couch, eating pizza and watching TV. Better, Seokjin was watching TV, because there was a cooking show, Taehyung was just cuddling. „You should eat.“ Seokjin mumbled with full mouth and handed Taehyung a slice of pizza. Taehyung shook his head: „I'm full.“

„But you didn't eat almost anything.“ Seokjin looked up at his boyfriend. „As if you didn't know me.“ Taehyung smiled. Seokjin shrugged his shoulders. „I'm going to eat it then.“ He said. „It's all yours, baby.“ The detective said and Seokjin didn't wait for anything and took a big bite of the slice he was holding.

Taehyung was Seokjin's hair and thinking. He got Seokjin the sweater and he is going to get him flowers, but it wasn't enough. He wanted to give Seokjin something to show him that he loves him. Something nice. For some reason, a memory flashed through his mind.

 

When he was a child, his mother was forcing him to go to choir. She was saying that he has a beautiful voice and it would be shame if he didn't sing. Taehyung never cared about his voice, the only thing he cared about back then was chemistry and experiments. He did some research and singing a song was apparently considered as very romantic. He just hoped that he didn't loose his voice after all those years...

 

He felt a soft knocking on his forehead. He blinked confusedly and looked down at his boyfriend. „You were frowning. Is something wrong?“ Seokjin asked. „No, everything is fine. I was just thinking.“ Taehyung answered with a smile. „Such a clever boy, aren't you.“ Seokjin reached up and patted Taehyung's head.

 

Taehyung was standing in kitchen in front of something in a mixing bowl. He found a cake recipe on the internet, he followed the steps exactly right and now he was not sure what to do. He looked at his phone. „Okay so milk, eggs...“ He muttered for himself: „...Chocolate...“ He looked to the bowl and dropped in pieces of chocolate.

He looked to the oven. He was sure that he made something wrong, but he didn't know what. Nobody ever told him that baking a cake will be so hard! He straightened himself and then it hit him. Where is he going to hide the cake? He can't put it in their fridge, Jin would find it. He looked at his phone. And dialed Jungkook.

Hello?“

„Hello Je...Ju...Hello.“ Taehyung cleared his throat: „Look. Or more like listen...“ He frowned. „Look, listen, whatever. I need something.“

 

Taehyung scratched his head. He wasn't sure if a cake is supposed to look like this. He compared his creation with the picture on his phone. „Well... close enough.“ He told to himself. He heard the doorbell, so he left his cake-like thingy and went to open the door.

There was Jungkook and Jimin. „Hello.“ Jungkook said. Jimin waved excitedly. „I'm sorry. He just wouldn't let me go alone.“ Jungkook poited at his boyfriend. „It's fine.“ Taehyung told: „I need you to hide something for me.“ „Hide something?“ Jungkook asked. „Something for Seokjin hyung?“ Jimin added. Taehyung looked at him and then at Jungkook. „I like him.“ Taehyung noted. Jimin smiled proudly, Jungkook growled angrily. „Yes, for Jin. I baked a cake and I need you to hide it.“ Taehyung explained. „A cake?“ Jungkook lifted his eyebrows.

„Yes a cake.“

„You baked a cake?“
„Yes, I baked a cake.“

Jungkook couldn't help it and started laughing. However Taehyung wasn't amused. He waited for the cop to stop laughing, even if he was very impatient.

Jungkook couched and went serious again. „Okay, so a cake. I guess we have to hide it until Seokjin's birthday, right?“ Taehyung nodded. „Are you planning something?“ Jungkook wondered. „A birthday party.“ Taehyung answered. „Abirthday party? Are we invited?“ Jimin bounced excitedly. „Yes, you are.“ The detective nodded. „Can we help you?“ Jungkook was willing to help, Taehyung was his friend, even if he was making Jungkook very angry sometimes.

„I can do it by myself.“ Taehyung put his hands on his hips and frowned. „Okay, fine, I was just asking.“ Jungkook raised his hands in defense.

Taehyung returned to kitchen to get the cake. He looked at it and rather covered it with a plastic bowl. He carefully carried it back to the hall and handed it to Jungkook. Luckily the cop didn't get the idea to take the bowl off. „That's all I need.“ The detective spoke then. „Fine. If you need something just call me.“ Jungkook said. „I have told you I can handle it by myself!“ Taehyung raised his voice and bounced on his feet. Jungkook rolled his eyes. „Bye, Taehyung.“ He turned ans started going away. Jimin waved with a smile and followed Jungkook. „Bye.“ Taehyung muttered. He closed the door vigogously and rubbed his hands together. „Now for the song.“ He mumbled.

 

Finally the day came. Seokjin's birthday. Taehyung started preparing everything as soon as Seokjin left. He called Jungkook to bring the cake and he arranged the balloons in meantime. He was just pinning the happy birthday sign to the wall, when Jungkook and Jimin came. He opened the door and took the cake. He noticed that it was still covered with the bowl.

„Did you look at it?“ Taehyung asked as he slowly carried it to the living room. Jungkook just shook his head. „Great,“ Taehyung told to himself. He placed the cake on the coffee table and quickly finished pinning the sign. Then he removed the bowl from the cake. Jungkook had to hold back his laugh when he saw it. Jimin giggled quietly.

„What? It was my first time trying something like this. You can't expect miracles.“ Taehyung shrugged his shoulders. „We could have help you.“ Jungkook said. „Yes, I know, you can handle it by yourself.“ He added when he saw Taehung taking a breath. The detective sent the cop a death glare.

„Anyway, I really need to go out now. So just...“ Taehyung waved his hands in the air awkwardly: „Stay here, wait and don't touch anything.“

 

Taehyung got easily to the flower shop he saw a few days earlier. He got in and since he was totally unexpierenced, he didn't know what to get. He was looking around and thinking, when an elderly small woman spoke to him: „Are you looking for something, sweetie?“ Taehyung looked at her. „Yes. I ehm... I'm looking for something that is generally considered as romantic.“ He answered. The woman chuckled. „Such a clever boy.“ She said amusedly. „Red roses.“ She told him then. He nodded. „Thank you.“ He mumbled.

 

He made it back in the apartment just in time, moments before Seokjin got there too. Jimin went to open the door for Seokjin, since he had nothing to do. „Hey, hyung.“ He smiled. „Hi, Jimin. Such a surprise, what are you doing here?“ Seokjin wondered. Jimin just led Seokjin to the living room. Seokjin gasped when he stepped there. „Surprise!“ Jungkook and Taehyung shouted. Seokjin smiled wide. „Happy birthday, baby.“ Taehyung chirped and went to hug his boyfriend. „Did you do this for me, guys?“ Seokjin asked. „He did it by himself, he didn't want us to help.“ Jungkook responded immediately. Taehyung gave Seokjin a box shaped smile. „My diligent detective.“ Seokjin cooed and kissed Taehyung.

 

They had a great time together. Seokjin loved his new sweater and he had to put it on. Jimin gave him a cook book and Jungkook a red apron. „I didn't know what should I get you. And Jimin said you like cooking.“ Jungkook explained shyly and blushed when giving it to Seokjin. „It's awesome, Kookie. I love it.“ Seokjin said and gave Jungkook a hug.

 

Seokjin waved to Jungkook and Jimin and Taehyung closed the door. Seokjin leaned against it and smiled. „Did you really make this only because of me?“ He asked. Taehyung nodded- „Yes. And I have something more.“ He said. Seokjin lifted his eyebrows. „Really? What is that?“ He wondered. Taehyung took his hand and led him to the living room. Seokjin chuckled when he noticed the rest of the cake Taehyung made.

They sat on the couch and Taehyung held Seokjin's hands. He was nervous and Seokjin was a little confused. Taehyung cleared hos throat and took a deep breath. And started singing. Seokjin gasped. He never expected that Taehyung might sing so beautifully. It was like angels themselves were singing to him from heaven. He let go of one Taehyung's hand a covered his mouth. Taehyung was holding Seokjin's hand sincerely and looking in his eyes lovingly. He almost wasn't blinking. Seokjin could say this was the best birthday present he ever got. Nobody ever sang to him. He sniffed. By the time Taehuyng ended, he was crying.

„Oh, Tae.“ He sobbed and his voice cracked. Taehyung chuckled: „My, are you that touched?“ Seokjin nodded and hugged his boyfried. He buried his face to the crook between the other's neck and shoulders. Taehyung hugged him back and his back. „Come on, baby. I just sang you a song.“ He said with a wide smile. „It was beautiful.“ Seokjin mumbled, his voice all raspy. He thightened his grip. „So beautiful, Tae.“ Taehyung lifted the other's head, to look him in eyes. „I'm glad you liked it.“ He wiped off Seokjin's tears: „And stop crying. You are pretty, but crying doesn't suit you.“ Seokjin smiled, blushing and he hugged Taehuyng again. „Thank you, Tae. Thank you so much.“ He whispered. „You are so welcome, Jinnie.“ Taehyung whispered back.

„I love you.“

-----------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is for nlovesbts, who gave me so many good ideas. Thank you again, I hope you will like it ^^