Christmas sweets

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Christmas was coming. The part of year, that Taehyung hated the most. He just hated Christmas decorations everywhere, all those Christmas commercials, he hated that everything had to be linked with Christmas. And most of all, he hated the people. How everyone had to be so nice, all those fake way too bright smiles. It was making Taehyung want to grab a shovel and hit them in the face with it.

Seokjin didn't mind Christmas. He always just somehow went without noticing it. He said merry Christmas to his friends, gave them some trifle and that was all. He was using Christmas sales to buy something nice for himself and he always took a day off, so he can stay home, doing nothing.

Seokjin knew that Taehyung doesn't like Christmas, but he still wanted to make it special for them. He bought a small Christmas tree and some decorations and lights for it. Of course Taehyung kept grumbling about it, but Seokjin always just petted his hair with a chuckle. „You will like this, honey. Don't worry.“ Seokjin kept assuring him. Taehyung just growled something quietly, but he never really said anything.

 

It was Sunday and Seokjin was, as usual, in the kitchen. He was humming a song, along with a radio that he had . It took a while, but he found a radio station that didn't play Christmas songs. He was baking sweets and he had to control himself, so he doesn't eat all of the dough, because it was so delicious. He was carefully cutting out various animals and shapes and putting it into oven the first batch, when Taehyung stromed out of his study. Seokjin smiled for himself.

„The police is making me more and more angry.“ He complained and let Seokjin hug him tight.

„They are so goddamn stupid.“ He mumbled to Seokjin's shoulder. Seokjin chuckled and the other's hair. Taehyung lifted his head and noticed the dough and the oven . „What are you baking?“ He asked.

„Christmas sweets.“ Seokjin told the other.

„You know what I think about it.“ Taehyung wrapped his amrs around Seokjin's waist. „Yes. But I want to spend some time with you.“ Seokjin pressed a quick kiss on Taehuyng's lips, before letting go of him and returningto te sweets. . Taehyung sighed. „I just want this stupid holiday to end already.“ He said. Seokjin didn't react.

„We are not going to give each other persents, are we?“ Taehyung asked annoyedly. Seokjin shook his head.

„No. Christmas is about the time we spend together, not about presents. Besides, we live in Korea, not in Europe or USA.“

„That's why we shouldn't celebrate it in the first place.“

Seokjin chuckled. He could understand that Taehyung was annoyed, he used to hate Christmas too. But then he discovered the magic of eating sweets cuddled in a warm blanket...

„We are not going to celebrate it, Tae. We will just have a nice time.“ Seokjin walked to the detective and petted his hair and kissed his cheek.

Taehyung sighed. He doesn't want to have anything in common with Christmas. He doesn't even want to hear the word Christmas. He wants to shut himself in the study with a case and wait until this hell is over. He glared at the Christmas tree Seokjin placed in a corner of their living room, before disappearing in his study.

Seokjin could only chuckle at his boyfriend. He knew that Taehyung is toelrating all this only because he loves Seokjin. If it was anyone else, Taehyng would damn them so bad and kick them out of the apartment. Seokjin laughed quietly at the imagine of Taehyung yelling at Jungkook because of Christmas. He took the baking tray out of the oven and put in another. He inhaled deeply and sighed happily at the sweet smell of freshly baked sweets. He had to hold himself back, not to eat everything right there. He sat down in front of the oven, watching the sweets in. He looked like a little puppy, looking sadly through a window at a table full of meat.

 

Seokjin rubbed his hands when he took the last batch out of the oven. He was taking all of the sweets to work, except for the few that were slightly burnt. He got too distracted with the series in TV and forgot he was baking. He placed the sweets to a plastic box and kept the burnt ones for himself. He wished he could keep all of them for himself, but he promised his colleagues to bring sweets to work. He put lid on the box, before he can stuff the sweets in his mouth and grabbed the brown reindeer shaped sweet instead. It was a little more crunchy that it was supposed to be, but still good. He pushed the box to the side on the counter and went to living room to finally finish that very interesting series.

 

Taehyung was looking at a plate full of burnt Christmas sweets Seokjin kept. He kept so little for himself, Taehyung thought. He knew how much Jin likes to eat and he knew that this won't be enough for the doctor. So he decided to bake sweets just for his Jinnie.

„You can do this,“ he told to himself: „You baked a cake, you can bake everything.“

Seokjin left the recipe next to the stove, so Taehyung took it. „This won't be hard.“ Taehyung said: „The cake was worse.“

He grabbed a bowl and looked at the small piece of paper. „Okay, so... flour and...butter.“

Well, butter is usually in fridge. And he could remember where Jin keeps flour. He got these and put them next to the bowl. Eggs and sugar were also easy to find. Even honey was. But then...

„Baking soda?“ Taehyung lifted his eyebrows. „What the hell is that? Is that even a thing?“ He looked around the kitchen. „Where am I supposed to get it, huh?“ He growled at the paper, as if it would answer him. He leaned against the counter and tapped on it with his fingers. „Why do I always get such idiotic ideas.“ He mumbled to himself.

He went through cupboard by cupboard, searching the baking soda and finally he found it. He smacked the little blue packet on the counter angrily. „If I didn't need you, you packaged crap, I'd burn you and throw you out of a window.“

Some minutes later Taehyung, covered in flour, was looking at a dough that was lying in front of him on the counter. He smirked triumphantly. „This is how it's done.“ He said. „I can totally have my own cooking show.“ He higfived himself and prepared the baking tray. But then he remembred something. He needs baking paper! He looked to a cabinet under the sink. And it was there. „Such a lucky guy, aren't I.“ He noted.

 

„Okay, but how am I supposed to know it's baked?“ He asked, waiting for the first batch to be done. He took the baking tray out and looked at the sweets. He poked one. „Well, it's still soft. I have to wait when it gets hard, right?“ He said and returned the tray back to the oven.

 

„No! this batch of... !“ He screamed, when the sweets turned way too brown. He quickly removed the tray out from the oven.

„Another try.“ He muttered angrily, putting another batch of sweets ti the oven. „I have to be careful this time.“

 

He frowned at the burnt sweets on the tray. „I said careful!“ He screamed. „Alright, nevermind. I will get the another one right.“

 

„I mean... close enough...“ He shrugged his shoulders. „It's not as burnt as the ones before.“ This batch was just slightly brown. „If I keep going like this, it will be perfect.

 

When Seokjin came home, a smell hit his nose. He breathed in. It smelled like... sweets? „Tae?“ He called: „Where are you?“ He walked in living room. The door to Taehyung's study was open. That was unusual. „Jinnie? You – you are home soon.“ He heard from the kitchen. „Yes. They let me go home earlier today...“ He started, but he was cut off, when he walked in the kitchen. He was shocked by a view of Taehyung standing by the stove.

„Tae? Are you...cooking?“ He asked. „Actually, I'm baking.“ Taehyung answered, sounding rather nervous. „Baking? Why are you baking?“ Seokjin wondered. Taehyung scratched the back of his head. „Fo you.“ He said then.

„For me?“

„Yes.“ Taehyung responded. Seokjin smiled bright. „Oh my, you are so cute.“ He cooed and hugged Taehyung. „The most wonderful boyfriend, aren't you.“ He said, the other's back. He pulled back a little and they shared a kiss.

Seokjin nuzzled their noses together and giggled. „Thank you, Tae. You are the best.“ He Taehyung's cheek with his fingers. Taehyung smiled proudly.

„In return, could you throw out the tree.“ The detective asked.

Seokjin could only laugh.


It's almost summer. Why not writing a Christmas chapter...

My unnie wanted more Taehyung cooking, so I decided to write this. And I was writing until freaking 3 am. What am I doing with my life... Pretty please leave comments, thank you for reading and excuse my mistakes.