열넷 . ☾

Life on the line

“One, two, three and four” Kai was counting heads when they were waiting in the queue to get into the cruise ship. “All here!” he smiled and gave the lady three tickets.

“Where are we going?” Luhan was jumping around as happy as always.

“Would You relax?” Kyungsoo smiled softly and looked at the water beneath them. “We are so high.”

 “There are even stores in this ship and saunas too” Kai was reading the brochure the lady gave him.

“Shopping?” Baekhyun asked and looked at the paper standing on tippy toes a huge smile on his face. “I knew they had stores in here!”

“Let’s buy candy!” Luhan yelled looking at Baekhyun with huge eyes.

“what are we waiting for?” Kai asked and led the way inside the ship to the fanciest store they had ever seen.

 “Do you see what I see?” They were looking around astonishingly, the candies, the makeup, drinks ... it had everything.

 

“Hey, where are You?” Kai was calling Kyungsoo.

“Sorry, we’ll be out in a minute”

He looked around himself seeing small shops, trees, the little pond, kids, it was beautiful. He smiled softly as he saw Kyungsoo running to the other side of the road with Baekhyun taking a quick picture of them.

“Let’s go to the hotel,” Luhan said to them “but first!” he laughed sweetly. ”There is a cool shop near our hotel”

“Let’s go!!” Kyungsoo yelled happily running after Luhan.

“Kyungsoo is like that?” Kai was dumbfounded.

“Yyyyeap” Baekhyun laughed. “You have successfully lured out the happy Kyungsoo, good job” he patted Kai’s shoulder and ran after his friends.

 

 

“Kyungsoo?” Luhan was looking up at the ceiling calling for his friend. “You remember how we met?” he smiled softly and closed his eyes. “It was one of the best things that happened in my life.”

“I am sure great things happened in Your life, Luhan,” Kyungsoo said walking closer to his friend.

“We haven’t talked about my life …. Yeah … but thank You for letting me stay and thanks for seeing me.” He laughed a little bit and looked at Baekhyun.

“I wish he could see me”

“It isn’t important” Kai said munching on his chips. “He feels You, that is more important, some people know each other but they don’t feel it. Sad really.”

Both Kyungsoo and Luhan were looking at him with shock. “What?” he shrugged. “I know some deep stuff too.”

“Cool!” they said at the same time.

“Will he miss me?” Luhan was talking to himself. “Will he remember me? How can he if he don’t know who I am.”

“Stop it” Kyungsoo said suddenly. “Just text him and have some fun.”

“But …”

“There is no but, we will order food soon, so just talk to him,” Kyungsoo said and went to the balcony.

“Is he?” Kai asked from Kyungsoo who didn’t look away from the afternoon sky.

“Not yet.”

“Can’t he stay?” Kai looked at Kyungsoo with red eyes.

“Hey, don’t cry” Kyungsoo hugged him. “You know this is how it works.”

“Hey what are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked with furrowed brows. “We got to go."

“Where?”

“We are going to have some ice cream” Baekhyun smiled and closed the door. “Get ready!” he yelled.

 

“Strawberry, vanilla and mango,” the waiter said placing the plates on the table.

“It is fun,” Baekhyun said almost eating his whole ice cream in one bite.

Brainfreeze much??

“Brainfreeze” Baekhyun jumped up and yelled making people at the shop stare at them.

“Like a baby really” Kyungsoo sighed and stared at his ice cream. “I don’t think I can do it” he mumbled to himself looking at Baekhyun and Luhan jumping together.

“Penny for your thoughts” Kai said mouth full of ice cream.

“You are pretty much eating liquid mango, you know that?” he pointed to his ice cream with the spoon.

“Exactly!” Kai smiled victoriously making Kyungsoo smile a bit.

“You don’t have to do it, You know that, right?” Kai said looking straight into Kyungsoo eyes. “You are worried, can’t hide that”

.

.

.

“I have to”

 

 

This evening Kyungsoo was more worried than ever before.

“I have done it before, I know how to do it!” He was walking around talking to himself afraid to look into his pocket.

‘What if I just go to sleep and sleep a long, long time’

“Nooo!” Luhan yelled throwing the dices making Kai laugh out loud.

“Straight onto my land” he smirked and straightened his hand out for some money.

“I hate Monopoly” he said and threw the money to Kai.

“This is the first time Luhan is going to lose in a board game” Baekhyun was laughing so hard that he was crying.

“It is okay” Kai smiled bitterly.

“So now what?” Baekhyun asked sitting on the floor. “Kai will win for sure!”

“What is Kyungsoo doing?”

Baekhyun jumped up and tried to open the door but it was locked. “Maybe he sleeps?”

“It is four” Kai looked at him with a worried frown.

He doesn’t want to get the invitation

“What invitation?” Baekhyun was puzzled.

“Already?” Kai mumbled not moving at all.

“I am afraid so,” Luhan said sadly.

“What?” Baekhyun asked hearing slight steps in Kyungsoo room.