Chaper 02

Daily Lives of College Boys

Lee Hwanhee was the only male in his family (not including his father, of course) and he had a few feminine habits that his sisters had shown him.

“Xiao-yah, can you please stop leaving the bathroom a mess? I always have to clean up after you.” Hwanhee said as he threw his roommate’s towel in his face. The other freshman was laying in his bed, studying for his Trigonometry quiz.

“The bathroom looks fine! You’re just whining.” Xiao stuck his tongue out at Hwanhee before returning his attention back to his notebook. He and Hwanhee hated Trigonometry with a passion, but Hwanhee had the advantage of being good at math while Xiao did not.

“I am not whining! Why does everyone say I whine?”

“Yah, you won the ‘Most Whiny’ award in high school. Your entire high school voted for you.”

Hwanhee huffed and lay back on his bed, reaching over for his phone. He had finished all of his homework and didn’t have to study, so he was bored. Xiao hated being left alone and that meant that Hwanhee had no choice but to stay in their dorm room.

“Do you think Professor Kang thinks we’re weird now?” Xiao asked as he closed his notebook. His head was starting to hurt after staring at numbers for too long.

Professor Kang was their Trigonometry professor and also the same professor that kicked them out when they had caused a distraction.

“Well, it’s not every day that two male students kiss in the middle of class and cause all the girls to scream out loud.” Hwanhee laughed and threw his pillow at Xiao, who yelled in response.

The two both stood up to get into a pillow fight, but were interrupted when someone knocked on their door. Hwanhee ran over to the door and opened it slightly to peek at who was on the other side.

“Jinhoo hyung! What are you doing here?”

Jinhoo smiled and tapped the door slightly, as if asking for permission to come in. Hwanhee quickly opened the door for his hyung without question and let the senior in.

“So, I heard about what happened in your Trigonometry class and Professor Kang seems to want an apology after you guys caused a ruckus.” Jinhoo kept smiling and Xiao couldn’t help but feel that the senior had something up his sleeve.

“He wants us to apologize? I’m pretty sure Hwanhee’s tears were a good enough apology.” Xiao replied as he sat back in bed and hugged his pillow.

“What does he want us to do exactly?” Hwanhee asked, feeling a bit curious.

“He’s the advisor for the Theater Arts department. He wants you two to help out with props and stuff for the next musical. He asked me to tell you guys because he knows we’re friends. Make sure you show up at the auditorium every Monday and Wednesday night. Sunyoul and Bitto will be there practicing, but you just need to help Wooshin with the costumes.” Jinhoo patted Hwanhee’s head before walking back out of the door.

“Why do I feel like Wooshin is going to treat us like his minions?” Xiao mumbled as he hit underneath his blankets.

“Because he already treats us like we’re his minions.”

X

“Tell me again why I’m even here.” Gyujin asked as he walked into the auditorium with Sunyoul.

“You’re here because we need someone to design the set. Professor Lee recommended you because he really liked your flaming bridge. But please, don’t design a flaming bridge for our play. We just need a castle.” Sunyoul laughed and led Gyujin over to the stage where Changhyun was directing the background dancers.

“Gyujin is here!” Changhyun jumped off the stage to hug his friend, who sadly did not return the hug.

“Changhyun hyung, please let me go.”

“Only if you give me food.”

“I didn’t bring any food!”

Sunyoul laughed as he watched his friends talk to each other. He was extremely nervous for the upcoming musical, but his friends managed to calm his nerves down a bit. Even though he had been in plenty of musicals, he still had stage fright. His stage fright was so strong that sometimes, he refused to wear his contacts when he was performing. Not being able to see the audience somewhat made it easier for the junior.

“You guys are so loud.” A soft voice said behind them said. The group of three turned around and saw Wooshin standing there with a sketchpad, art supplies, and measuring tape.

“Wooshin! Are you designing the costumes this time?” Changhyun asked as he finally let go of Gyujin.

“Unfortunately, yes. This is going to count as an exam grade, so prepare yourself for some awesome costumes.” Wooshin took a seat at the edge of the stage and quickly organized his supplies.

“Hyung! You left us outside and we got lost when we were trying to find the entrance!” Another voice called out. Sunyoul glanced at the auditorium’s entrance and saw Hwanhee and Xiao, both out of breath.

The two freshman ran over to the Fashion Modeling major and sat down with him. They both had measuring tape in their hand.

“What are you guys doing here?” Gyujin asked as he sat in a seat in the audience. He had to start his blueprint for the background and castle before it was too late.

“Professor Kang hates us. End of story.” Hwanhee wrapped his arms around Xiao’s shoulder and pretended to cry.

“You guys are Wooshin’s minions for the costume designs, aren’t you?” Changhyun laughed when Wooshin nodded his head.

“Okay, Hwanhee and Xiao, I need you two to go around and get everyone’s measurements. Just do it the same way like how we practiced back in your dorm room.” Wooshin said and the two freshman quickly ran off, approaching the upperclassmen that were in the musical.

“Don’t be too hard on them now. They’re just kids.” Sunyoul said as he took a seat next to Wooshin, who was currently drawing his costume. Sunyoul’s character was a young prince, so he was sure to have an extravagant costume.

“It helps to have them around though. It makes my job faster and easier.”

While Gyujin and Wooshin were sketching their projects, Changhyun and Sunyoul returned to the stage to practice their dance moves and singing. Hwanhee and Xiao were trying their best to get everyone’s measurements as accurately as they could.

The musical was going to be shown for one whole week in about three months, so there was plenty of time for the preparation. However, the Theater Arts department was pressured because the university president was going to attend this time. Everything had to be perfect.

“What are the seniors and the other juniors doing?” Gyujin asked Wooshin who was the closest to him. Wooshin glanced up from his sketch pad and shrugged his shoulders.

“Jinhoo hyung has some sort of demo today. He was wearing his tour guide outfit when I saw him leave campus earlier. Kuhn hyung is with Wei and Kogyeol at the library, I think.” Wooshin replied. Jinhoo hyung was wearing the special tour guide outfit that Wooshin had designed back when he was a freshman. It was a unique outfit that many people had admired. Even though math was his passion, Wooshin was talented at drawing and designing clothing.

“Kuhn hyung said that when the blueprints for the background and castle are finished that he can help build them. Wei is going to be operating the lighting and microphone system on the day of the musical. Kogyeol already volunteered himself to be an usher for the audience, along with Jinhoo hyung of course.” Sunyoul said as he passed by Wooshin and Gyujin. He was running around on stage trying to keep up with Changhyun’s dancing.

“So all ten of us are helping out with this musical? This hasn’t happened before, has it?” Gyujin chuckled and finished his rough sketch of the castle. He was going to need to borrow Wooshin’s colored pencils to make the sketch look decent.

“Xiao and Hwanhee weren’t here last year, so yeah, this hasn’t happened before at all.” Changhyun replied as he took a short water break. He was laying on the stage, completely tired.

“Speaking of those two beagles, how are they doing?” Gyujin looked around for the two freshman and saw them working on the measurements for Sunyoul. Sunyoul was trying his best to stay still, but Hwanhee and Xiao kept poking his stomach.

“Where’s the party at?” A voice called out from the entrance of the auditorium. Wooshin looked up and saw Jinhoo, still wearing his tour guide outfit, walking in along with Kuhn, Kogyeol, and Wei.

It was a reunion for the ten friends that saw each other every single day.

Jinhoo took a seat next to Wooshin and stared at the junior’s sketches of costumes as Kuhn took a seat next to Gyujin and did the same.

“Gyujin-ah! How am I going to build something like this?” Kuhn complained as he pointed at the sketch. Kogyeol laughed and looked at the blueprint as well.

“It doesn’t look that bad. I like the detail of the windows though, I hope Kuhn hyung can make it as pretty as the original though.” Kogyeol said as he gave Gyujin a short hug.

“Should we make a digital copy as well?” Wei asked as he took his laptop out of his backpack. He opened up his digital painting software and let Gyujin start a digital copy of his blueprint.

“With all of us working on this musical, I think we’ll do a good job.” Jinhoo smiled at his friends who all smiled back.

“With you leading the way, Jinhoo hyung, we’ll do better than just a good job. Everything is going to be fantastic.” Xiao said as he clung to the senior’s shoulders.

“Just don’t go kissing Hwanhee in the middle of class again, Xiao.”

The two freshman blushed and ran off, going back to taking measurements. Wooshin and Gyujin tried to finish their sketches as best as they could. Sunyoul and Changhyun returned to their practice of memorizing the dance steps and motions for the musical. The seniors, along with Wei and Kogyeol, simply chatted amongst themselves, trying not to be a distraction for anyone else in the auditorium.

However, there was another important event that was going to take place a month before the musical.

It was almost time for the first term examination period.

Another update! This has to be a record for me. I normally don’t update this often but I felt inspired.

Congrats to YeojaUiMongsang for getting my question right in the last chapter! Tell me your request and I will grant it! (Or, I will try my best to!)

Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes!