Chapter 01

Daily Lives of College Boys

“For the last time Changhyun hyung, please stop distracting me. I’m trying to concentrate!” Han Gyujin groaned as he tried his best to concentrate on his Architecture II homework. Architecture I was difficult for him last year, when he was a freshman in college, but Architecture II was on a whole other level for the current sophomore.

He was in the library, designing a blueprint when Lee Changhyun, also known as Bitto, decided to take the seat next to him.

Bitto was a strange fellow, yet extremely popular on campus. He was a cute junior that was majoring in Theater Arts. However, the only reason he was majoring in Theater Arts was because he loved to dance. He wasn’t the best actor, but he was slowly improving.

“I’m bored and need someone to bother until Sunyoul gets out of class. I told him to skip Calculus, but you know how he is.” Changhyun replied as he took a bite out of the apple he had snuck into the library.

Sun Yein, also known as Sunyoul, was one of the best students at their university. He was also a junior majoring in Theater Arts, but he wasn’t a fantastic dancer. His voice and his acting was what made him a very good student. Ever since his freshman year, he had been casted in all of the musicals in the university theater.

“Why do you always have food with you?”

“Why don’t you?”

Gyujin rolled his eyes and returned his attention to his homework. He had to hand draw a bridge for a river but his professor said to incorporate some sort of ‘magical’ element to the blueprint.

Gyujin was pretty sure that his professor was crazy.

“Hey, did you know that Hwanhee and Xiao got kicked out of their Trigonometry class yesterday?” Changhyun said as he took another bite from his apple.

Lee Hwanhee and Lee Dongyeol, who went by the name of Xiao, were freshman that were still undecided on their majors. Gyujin had been assigned to be their tour guide when they had first visited the campus and the two had been attached to him ever since.

“What did those kids do this time?” Gyujin glanced at Changhyun before looking back at his unfinished blueprint.

“Apparently Xiao wanted to annoy Hwanhee, so he kept trying to kiss his cheek. Hwanhee turned his head at the wrong time and they ended up kissing on the lips. Their professor saw and then kicked them out for causing a distraction. Hwanhee was practically in tears because he wanted to stay in class for once.” Changhyun chuckled as he recalled seeing the two freshman sulking in the hallway. The school year had just started a few months ago but they had adjusted well to the change.

“Xiao likes skinship too much. Remember when he bit Kogyeol hyung’s shoulder and then got punched in the stomach?

Kogyeol, whose real name was actually Go Minsoo, hated skinship. He couldn’t stand whenever anyone tried to kiss him or hold his hand. Kogyeol was a year older than Gyujin and a Human Resources major. He was known as the university’s sweetheart. Though he couldn’t stand holding hands or hugs, he enjoyed at least one hug a day.

“I never expected Kogyeol to actually punch Xiao in the stomach. I’ve never seen him that mad before.” Changhyun took another bite of his apple, chewing slowly as he stared at Gyujin’s work in progress.

“Why is the bridge on fire?”

“Go away Changhyun hyung!”

X

“So, please tell me again why you’re majoring in Fashion Modeling when you hate it with a passion?”

“For the last time Wei, I only did this because both of my parents majored in Fashion Modeling. I have their genes, so I kind of had no choice in the say.”

Lee Sungjoon and Kim Wooseok, two juniors, were currently studying in their dorm room. They had met back when they were freshmen on orientation day and ended up becoming roommates for their first year of college. The only reason why they were still roommates after two years was because both of them hated change. Plus, they became good friends because they both understood each other.

“Have you made a new game yet? I already finished the demo of Fighter’s Allegiance.” Wooseok, who commonly went by the name Wooshin, asked his roommate.

“My next project is an RPG style game, but that’s not going to be finished until at least next month. You’re gonna have to wait a bit.” Sungjoon, also known as Wei, replied.

Wooshin was currently majoring in Fashion Modeling, something that he had no say in whatsoever. His parents were both famous models that were still in the industry and since he was so good looking (according to them) they wanted him to major in Fashion Modeling as well. However, he would have preferred to major in Mathematics. Though he never really showed it, he loved math. He loved it a lot.

Wei, on the other hand, was majoring in Game Design. Ever since he was a child, he loved video games. Luckily, he was good at using computers and complicated software, so he had no problem with his major. The only bad thing that came from majoring in Game Design was that most of his time was spent in front of a computer screen. He would stay up for days straight just to code one game.

“Is Jinhoo hyung eating out with us later tonight?” Wooshin asked as he studied his fashion chart. He was trying to memorize the history of style for men’s clothing.

“I think so. Kuhn hyung dragged him to the gym today so I think they’re coming after they work out. I can’t believe Jinhoo hyung even said yes to Kuhn hyung’s offer. He’s so small, I can’t imagine him with intense muscles like Kuhn hyung’s.”

Kim Jinhoo, whose real name was actually Jinwook, was a senior majoring in Tourism. As a child, he spent most of his time traveling South Korea with his parents so it was an easy decision for him to decide on his major in college. He was known as the friendliest person on campus. He had met Wooshin and Wei when he had been their tutor for English during their freshman year.

No Sooil, also known as Kuhn, was also a senior. On the other hand, he was majoring in Physical Education. He was a few months younger than Jinhoo, but he seemed like the older one. He spent most of his time working out in the gym when he wasn’t in class. He and Jinhoo have been roommates since their freshman year.

“Are you almost done studying? We should probably head out soon if we’re gonna be on time for dinner.” Wei closed his laptop and rubbed his eyes. Staring at a screen for so long was starting to bother his eyesight.

“Let me just memorize the 1970s history before we go.” Wooshin replied, still studying his notes. Even though he had no interest in his major, he had to do a good job at his exams.

Wei nodded and stood up from his desk, stretching his arms before looking for his wallet. He knew that they were probably going to play a game to see who was going to pay for dinner. The bill got pretty expensive, especially since ten guys were eating. Wei never ate that much, but he had a strange feeling that Changhyun was going to eat the most.

“Okay, let’s go.” Wooshin closed his notebook and tossed it back on his bed. He made sure to grab his phone and a jacket before heading out with Wei.

X

“Sunyoul, can you pass me the rice?”

“Yah, Changhyun, don’t eat all the meat.”

“I didn’t even have a piece yet!”

“Hwan-ah! Stop stepping on my foot!”

“Jinhoo hyung! I need help with my English homework later.”

“Do we have a quiz tomorrow in History?”

“I forgot to do my Chemistry homework!”

“I can help you with that later.”

“Can someone pass me some water?”

Gyujin stared at the mass hysteria happening as he and his friends had dinner. Having a big group of friends was fun, however eating out was always a struggle. There were always at least five people talking at the same time.

Jinhoo was trying his best to stop Hwanhee and Xiao from throwing food at each other. Kuhn was telling horrible jokes to Kogyeol and Wooshin. Changhyun was taking as many pieces of meat as he could. Wei, due to his long arms, was unfortunately the one to pass everyone what they needed, like water or more rice. Sunyoul and Gyujin were the only normal ones at dinner.

“Don’t you think we’re a loud group?” Sunyoul said to Gyujin as he took a piece of meat.

“Yeah, we are. But that’s what I love about us.”


First chapter is done! I just wanted to introduce their backgrounds and stuff. I tried my best to match their majors with what they’re interested in.

This story will connect, however there’s no real “plot” going on. It’s just going to focus on the lives of these kids (I say kids, because, unfortunately, all UP10TION members are younger than me).

Anyway! Hope you enjoy this fic! Please forgive any spelling or grammar mistakes!

P.S. Can you guess who is saying what during the last part? There’s 9 sentences because Gyujin is just observing his friends and not saying anything. If anyone gets it right, I’ll write whatever they request! Good luck~