six - its going to be fine

Meeting Im Jaebum (Jaebum x Reader)

You still couldn't forget about what had occurred the night before. His body so close to yours. 

  Forget about it! He's a jerk! 

Today you had a free day since you had just started in a new company so it was a great opportunity to go to the food market and get some healthy foods to cook with. 

  You were never one to care much about watching your diet and usually laid in bed in a pool of junk food but now that you were a model you had to try to eat a bit better. 

   You grabbed everything you needed at the food market, making sure to thank everyone as you headed back out onto a taxi. You were kind of thankful that not many people recognized you. It made everything much more calm and peaceful. 

   Heading back to your building, you tried not to drop any fruits and vegetables on the way to the elevator and not make the same mistake again.  

   A guy you didn't recognize entered the elevator just before the doors closed. He had a black hat on and had his back towards you so you were unable to see much of his face. 

  The elevator stopped again and your breath cut in your throat. Not again. 

  Jaebum sighed and walked inside. He stood as far away from you as possible and you just looked forward and pretended not to notice. 

  He wasn't looking at you though, in fact he was looking at the other guy. 

  "Excuse me, who are you?" 

The man with the hat didn't say anything and then Jaebum laughed? 

  "Oh for s sake, do you guys ever take a break? How did you even pass security?" Jaebum questioned a bit angrily.

  You were confused and a bit frightened.

"Who is he?" you asked. 

   Jaebum ignored you and pulled out his phone and called security but the elevator quickly opened and the man left in a hurry. You heard the slight frustration in his sigh as the doors closed again. 

  "Do you mind maybe explaining what just happened?" 

  He finally looked at you, "He was a reporter, they like to sneak into dorms of idols and get some sort of story." 

  That was insane. Reporters went to such length for some dumb story. 

  "Also why the hell would you enter an elevator with a shady stranger inside?" he asked. 
  
  "I didn't I was already in here before he showed up," you explained. 

  "Something's not right. . . I think you just became his next target." 

  You froze at the word 'target'. 

"What the hell! Can you not say target as if he's going to kill me or something?!" you yelled, a bit afraid. 

  And that's when you noticed, for the first time since you had met him, he laughed.  

  Even though you had just been scared for your life, seeing him laugh made you smile. 

  "Look at that, you can laugh after all." 

  Saying that caused him to become all serious again. 

  "He will probably try to get some sort of story out of your life," he explained after. 

  "My life isn't very interesting so he can go right ahe-" 

  The bags in your hands fell as the elevator shook and the small space went completely pitch black. You grabbed onto something and tried not to scream. 

  The lights came back on a second later but the elevator remained still and didn't move. 

  You turned to look around and realized thah you had grabbed onto Jaebum's arm tightly. Letting go quickly you tried pressing all the buttons.   

  "Chill," he pressed the emergency button and remained calm. "They'll come and fix it quick." 

  "I can't. . . one of my greatest fears is being stuck on an elevator," you began breathing heavily but soon calmed down as a hand firmly grasped your shoulder. 

  He looked at you and squeezed your shoulder gently, "It's going to be fine, just breathe." 

  Your eyes stayed attached to his and you listened to his instructions and breathed in and out calmly. 

  Your heart beat fast but not from fear, from the way his eyes trailed throughout your face, making sure you were okay. 

  He let go of your shoulder and looked away quickly as the elevator doors came to an open. 

  You got out fast as if you hadn't seen earth in years even though you had only been stuck on the elevator for probably not even five minutes. 

  Jaebum handed you the grocery bags that you completely had forgotten on the elevator. 

  "Thank you, not for these but for helping me out in there," you bowed and smiled. 

  "I just felt a bit embarassed for you." he mocked and walked away. 

  You ignored that snarky comment and smiled. He was caring after all. 

  The rest of your day was spent with you trying to cook and not burn the kitchen down. 

___