seven - don't skip your meals

Meeting Im Jaebum (Jaebum x Reader)

 

_____

 

    

   "Y/N!" 

 

  You turned around at the sound of your name and noticed Bambam waving at you from a distance. 

 

You had been standing in the JYP Entertainment lobby filling out some papers.

 

  He appeared to be a bit sweaty, dressed in comfy clothes and no makeup on. You guessed the group was working on a dance practice. 

 

  He walked over to you and smiled. 

 

"Sorry that you have to see my like this, usually I look like a prince," he looked down embarrassed. 

 

  "You still look like a very handsome prince don't worry," you reassured him with a bright smile. 

 

  "We're practicing this new choreography for our upcoming comeback, would you like to come in and watch? We could really use a fans feedback," he asked politely, "You can get an early sneak peek since you're officially a VIP." 

 

  Watching Got7 practice their dance moves? Front row seats? 

 

Sounds amazing! But knowing Jaebum would be there made you extremely nervous. 

 

  "I don't want to be a burden while you guys practice." 

 

  "You won't be, come on! Pretty please?" 

 

  After a bit of thinking you finally nodded and followed him to the dance studio room. 

 

  They all stopped and stared at you and Bambam. 

 

  "I have brought a special guest!" Bambam announced as if you were some sort of important person. 

 

  "Hello," you said awkwardly and bowed. 

 

  Jackson came over and guided you to the couch on the corner. 

 

  "Welcome, your highness," he said dramatically and you both burst out laughing. 

 

  "Bambam dragged me in here," you teased in his direction, "Don't mind me though, just continue doing what you're doing." 

 

  The other members instroduced themselves and welcomed you as well. Jaebum took a sip of his water and didn't say a word to you. 

 

  "Alright, from the top," he instructed, taking the job of the leader well. 

 

  You watched as they moved in unison, perfecting every little move effortlessly. They were Got7 after all, of course they'd slay. 

 

  You clapped and cheered as they finished. 

 

  "Perfect as usual!" 

 

  Most of them smiled and thanked you. Their heavy breathing echoing around the room. 

 

  "Whose turn is it to go buy the drinks?" Jinyoung asked s.

 

  "We do this thing where we verse each other in a game and loser buys the ice cream and drinks after every practice," Bambam explained and you nodded laughing at the cute idea.

 

  "Jaebum and Yugyeoms turn," said Mark. He didn't talk much but you knew he was more of the shyer type which was okay. 

 

  Jaebum and the maknae both headed out to get the stuff. 

 

  "Why don't you give the dance a try?" Bambam asked. 

 

  "Oh god no, I'm a terrible dancer," you confessed truthfully. 

 

  "Don't worry, dancing should be fun," Youngjae smiled and cheered you on. He was adorable and so kind. 

 

  "I warned you guys, prepare yourself for the horror you're about to witness," they all laughed. 

 

  The music began and the members showed you the moves step by step. Jinyoung and Mark watched from the couch. 

 

  "You guys make it look so easy but I cannot do that!" 

 

  "You haven't even moved yet, just try," Jackson smiled. 

 

"We dont judge," Youngjae reassured. 

 

  You shook the fear and embarrassment out of your mind and tried to copy their moves slowly. 

 

  "There you go, now let's try it a bit faster following the beat," Bambam said. 

 

  You did so, you had a feeling you looked really stupid but it was fun and in that moment you didn't really care. Soon after Jinyoung and Mark joined as well and you all focused on the same couple of moves over and over, laughing and having a good time. 

 

  You hadn't heard or noticed that Jaebum and Yugyeom had returned and were standing near the door watching. 

 

  You made eye contact with Jaebum through the walled mirror and stopped dancing instantly. He continued staring as the others also stopped after you. 

 

  "Jaebum, we have officially found the eighth member to our group," Bambam joked and the others agreed. 

 

  You finally broke eye contact with him and looked down embarrassed. 

 

  "You were honestly really good, very quick with following the steps," Jinyoung complimented you for the first time ever. 

 

  However Jaebum didn't say anything and just handed everyone their drinks and ice cream. Yugyeom walked towards you and handed you one aswell. 

 

  "Oh, thank you!" you smiled shyly and unwrapped the ice cream before it could melt. The others did too as well. You all ate in silence as the music played in the back. 

 

  "Alright I think we can stop here for tonight, you can all go have dinner after this, I need to go talk to JYP about our recent songs and get his approval," Jaebum said and walked out. 

 

   "He works way too much, hardly gives himself any breaks," Yugyeom said a bit after and they all sighed. 

 

  You frowned at the thought of him not getting much breaks and probably skipping so many meals like now. 

 

  "Would you like to join us for dinner? We always go to this amazing place, I think you'd love it," Youngjae asked and they nodded in agreement. 

 

  "Isn't it forbidden for you guys to be seen with females?" you asked. 

 

  "Don't worry this place is very safe and secretive, private rooms and all," Bambam said. 

 

  You all had dinner and you ordered double because everything seemed so amazing on the menu. You had never been here before so it was nice to explore such different locations. It was great, you all ate and laughed and told silly stories. 

 

  You purposely didn't eat the other boxed meal and took it to go. 

 

  You all later separated and went your own ways into the dorms saying goodnight. 

 

  Before you could reach your own room you stopped and looked at the boxed dinner.  

 

  Heading straight out of the building and back to the dance studio. 

 

  You had a slight feeling that he'd be back here working on the songs and perfecting the dance and you were right. 

 

  There he was, on the computer working hard. 

 

  It was already 12am, he should be back into the dorms sleeping. 

 

  He hadn't heard you come in due to the headphones covering his ears and you gently tapped on his shoulder. 

 

  He jumped up and flinched until he noticed it was you and sighed. 

 

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked angrily 

 

  You could see the tiredness in his eyes, the sweat trickling down his forehead. 

 

  "I forgot my bag." It wasn't a lie. You really had forgotten it but that wasn't the real reason you came here.

 

  "Take it and leave then," he placed his headphones back on his head and continued typing. 

 

  Grabbing your bag you slowly walked towards him again and placed the box of food on the table next to his computer. 

 

  He stopped typing again and removed one of the headphones looking back at you. 

 

  Before he could say something rude and stupid you spoke first. 

 

"I noticed how you didn't eat dinner, you shouldn't skip your meals and don't overwork yourseld too much." 

 

And with that you walked straight out before he could say anything but not before you took a small glimpse through the small glass square on the door. 

 

  He looked at the box before opening it and taking a bite. 

 

You smiled and walked away back to your dorm happily.