First Suspect

Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo POV

Today's the second day of school and I think it's safe to say that so far school . Bad. Yesterday was only the first day of school but I managed to get in trouble, of course. Surprisingly enough, the principal let the both of us, Gikwang and I, off with a warning. Unfortunately, my uncle heard about the incident and believe when I say that he was pissed. He made me promise not to get into any more trouble and to just ignore the idiots in the school. I have no other choice but to obey. 

I ate something small for breakfast and made my way out the door. I stopped by a gasoline station before heading to school. As I parked my car in the school's parking lot, I remembered that after school today I would have to go to Nana's house for that stupid project. Crap, I really need to find a way out of this. Don't get me wrong, she's nice and all but every time I see her I become some kind of smitten idiot. It's like something just takes over me and I can only focus on her.

Ok, Myungsoo. Now you just sound like a stupid hopeless romantic. You've known the girl for one day! What's wrong with you?!

I got out of my car and locked it as I walked towards the entrance of the school. 

'She has a boyfriend. She has a boyfriend. She has a boyfriend.' I repeated to myself in my head.

I should be focusing on the mission. Right. Friday, I and the guys will go to the party and try to find any suspects. Ok. Good. Sounds like a plan.

"Myungsoo!" Jackson shouted from the other side of the hallway. He quickly made his way towards me, squeezing between other students to reach me. 

"Hey, Jackson," I greeted him, opening my locker. Jackson gave me a big smile and patted me on the back. So far, Jackson seems to really enjoy school. 

"Wheres the other guys?" I asked him, grabbing my notebooks and other things I needed. "I think I saw them walking towards the cafeteria for breakfast," Jackson answered while drumming on the lockers. Lord, this kid... 

"So about the party on Friday, will we be allowed to have a little fun. I mean it is a party and..." Jackson rambled but I didn't listen to a word he was saying because I was too focused on watching Nana come in through the entrance doors. As she walked, she greeted some of her friends, giving them a smile. Her smile. It's enough to brighten up my day. Damn it! Why does she have this effect on me?

I felt a smile form on my face, that for some reason I couldn't control. Nana is the total package, for sure. Jackson paused and looked at me with a confused expression.

"Myungsoo are you listening?" Jackson asked, raising an eyebrow. He turned to where I was looking and he gave me a grin. I looked at him and realized what I was doing. . I stopped gazing at Nana and turned my attention to the notebooks in my hand. "Well, well, well. It looks like you've got the hots for Im Nana," Jackson noted, wiggling his eyebrows. "What? No," I responded, trying to act uninterested with the topic. I guess Jackson noticed I was getting nervous and he started laughing uncontrollably. 

"Bro, keep it down. You're attracting attention!" I grumbled, giving him a light push on the shoulder. "You like her!" Jackson yelled as I quickly cover his mouth with my hand. "No! I don't like her!" I half yelled and whispered. "I can tell when you're lying!" Jackson said, trying to control his laughter. I ignored him and changed the topic.

"Did you remember to bring practice clothes?" I asked him. "Yes sir," he replied with a nod. 

The 5-minute bell rang and I said my goodbyes to Jackson. 

First-period class went by fast. The whole time, Taeyong and I kept texting each other, making each other laugh. Not only that, but we somehow ended up crumpling up pieces of paper and throwing them at each other. We accidentally hit other students during our little "game" and almost got caught by the teacher. As expected, the class was boring which I guess is the reason why Taeyong and I ended up fooling around. 

The bell finally rang after throwing the 15th crumpled paper at Taeyong. I quickly got my stuff and got up from my seat, only to be met by another balled paper at the face. "I win," Taeyong said shoving me as I tried to hit him back. Both of us exited the classroom and made our way towards second-period class. Taeyong and I made small talk as we waited outside the classroom door for the teacher to open it. 

"I hate this class," Taeyong muttered, fixing his hair. I nodded, not paying much attention, trying to think of ways to find out which students in the school would be a part of the organization. There's really no way of telling since all these students are rich.  More students crowded the door to the classroom and waited for the teacher to arrive. That's odd, only four minutes left till class begins. 

"Oh God..." Taeyong muttered, rolling his eyes. "What?" I asked him. He flickered his eyes at a group of people and surely enough it was the popular group. Hongseok, Soohyuk, Hyuna, and Nana came close to the group of students crowding the door. Taeyong let out a groan and muttered some words I couldn't make out. "I'm assuming you don't particularly like the popular kids?" I questioned him in a whisper. "Nope. I can't stand them," Taeyong admitted, looking down at his wrist watch to look at the time. "Where's the teacher? He has one minute to get here," Taeyong said as he looked around to see if he could spot the professor. 

"Cheer up. Best case scenario, we don't have to attend class," I commented as I let my back rest on the lockers behind me. Taeyong face lightened up as he looked at me with a grin. "Yeah, you're right. Besides worst case scenario is probably a substitute teacher making us watch a boring video," Taeyong said with a relieved expression. "See, no need to stress," I added, patting him on the back. 

"Hi, students. Let me open the door for yall," a tall man with glasses said. He was definitely not our professor, let's hope he's a substitute. All the students entered the classroom quickly and sat in their seats. As I sat in my seat, my eye wandered towards the popular group. Nana walked into the classroom with Soohyuk by her side. They made their way towards Soohyuk's desk and I guess you could say they were acting "cute" together. They didn't seem to mind people seeing them flirt with each other, as Soohyuk pulled Nana closer to him as he sat on his desk.

I forced myself to look away in order to stop the torture. No, I'm not jealous. I just don't like PDA.

"Students I am your substitute teacher for today. For today, we will watch a video so today will be relaxed," The male substitute informed the class as he the projector and played the video. Yep, you already know what time it is. Sleep time. I turned my head slightly to check what Taeyong was doing. His head was already on his desk, eyes closed, and earphones in. I laid my head on my desk and closed my eyes and drifted off into the darkness.

****************************************************************

"Myungsoo," someone whispered to me, giving me a nudge on my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes.

Taeyong POV

"Myungsoo," I whispered as I nudged Myungsoo to wake him up. He gradually opened his eyes and gave me a confused look. "What?" he said, letting out a yawn. "Class is over," I stated, pointing at the students walking out the classroom. "Oh, . Really? Ok, I'm getting up," He said as he grabbed his stuff and quickly stood up.

We made our way towards the cafeteria for lunch. The guys got noodles but I settled on an apple and water. "Yah, Taeyong you need to eat more. You need energy for the day," Chanyeol said as he slurped his noodles. "No, I'm fine," I responded taking a bite of the apple. I'm not in the mood for anything, especially since I have to go to the library after school today to work on the project with Hyuna. "So did you sleep through all of the second-period class like I did?" Myungsoo asked me as he took a gulp of water. I rolled my eyes, remembering what had happened no too long ago. "Nope. That Hyuna chick decided to wake me up so we could work on our project during class," I grumbled as I caught sight of Hyuna entering the cafeteria. It didn't take long for her to make eye contact with me, and we glared at each other. "Oh," Myungsoo said with a surprised expression.

"Yea that reminds me, that Nana chick told me to remind you about going to her house for the project," I informed him as Myungsoo let out a groan. "Damn it, I thought she'd forgotten about it," he muttered with a disappointed look.

"Myungsoo this is a good chance for you to get close to her," Jackson said with a sly smile as Chanyeol and I looked at Jackson and Myungsoo with confused expressions. "Jackson shut it," Myungsoo muttered, giving him a glare. "What does he mean by that?" Chanyeol asked with an amused smile. "Myungsoo likes Na-" Jackson started but was cut off by Myungsoo.

"Shut up! No, I don't!" Myungsoo yelled as he hit Jackson's shoulder. Chanyeol and I couldn't contain our laughter. "Myungsoo and Nana sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First, comes.." Jackson sang but was shushed by Chanyeol.

"Shush! Nana's coming!" Chanyeol whispered. All of us quieted down as we tried not to laugh. "Act natural," Myungsoo half whispered and yelled as Nana got closer to our booth. 

"Hey," Nana greeted us with a smile. "Hi," all of us responded except for Myungsoo. Myungsoo pretended not to notice her. Typical Myungsoo, always avoiding any signs of friendship.

"Myungsoo, I just wanted to remind you about the project. We're still working on it after school at my house, right?" She said looking at Myungsoo. Myungsoo didn't look at her but gave her a nod to confirm. Alright well, just in case, "I'll be waiting for you at the parking lot so you can follow my car," she stated, putting a hand on his shoulder. Myungsoo instantly flinched at her touch and gave her a confused expression. "Uh, yeah. Whatever," he stated, keeping his eyes on anything but her. "Ok, see you later," she said, walking away and heading back towards her friends. 

"Woah, Myungsoo I've never seen you act so...weird," Chanyeol commented with a mischievous grin. "What are you talking about?" L denied, rolling his eyes.  "Forget it," Chanyeol groaned, letting out a sigh. Everyone knows there's no point in trying to convince Myungsoo that he likes someone. The bell rang and all of us quickly got up and threw our leftovers in the trash. 

Third-period went by slowly. Chanyeol and I were partners and we managed to draw something that wasn't trash. Well...it's no Leonardo DaVinci work of art but it's not total either. Once third-period was over, Chanyeol and I quickly made our way to performance class and entered the boy's locker room.  Like any other boy's school locker room in the world, it ing stinks like sweat and BIG EGO. Yes. I can smell the ego. 

"Hey, guys! Ready for our performance today?" Jackson exclaimed, jumping up and down while trying to get dressed in his practice clothes at the same time. "Jackson, you don't have to remind us you know," I griped as I took off my school uniform and changed into my practice clothes. "I'm kind of excited for it, surprisingly enough," Chanyeol admitted letting out a nervous chuckle. "Sounds like you're more nervous than excited," Jackson noted, raising an eyebrow. "Well, aren't yall? I mean, this is going to be our first performance," Chanyeol mentioned, his eyes wide while he put his hands up in the air for dramatic effect. "So?" I mumbled, shrugging my shoulders. "The first impression is important for a rookie group," Chanyeol insisted, putting a snapback on his head. "Ah man, Chanyeol's right. I'm starting to get nervous now," Jackson expressed as he started to pace back and forth. "Guy's chill, just remember your training and you'll be fine," Myungsoo asserted as he motioned all of us towards the door. , I hope he's right. I don't want to look like an idiot out there. 

All the students were already stretching and warming up while the teacher counted heads to make sure everyone was present. All the students were divided into their "groups." The only group I know is "Team Red"... or at least the only group name I know. Team Red pretty much consists of the popular guys in our grade which include Hongseok, Soohyuk, Gikwang, and some other guy's I don't recognize. There was also a popular girl group which includes Hyuna, Nana, and some other girls. I recognize one of the other girls. Yea, she's in my third-period class...what's her name again? Oh, right. Irene. 

"Alright students, first let's have Team Yellow perform something for us," the teacher announced. Who's Team Yellow? 

"Thank God we're not first," Chanyeol whispered letting out a sigh of relief. The popular girls or "Team Yellow" stood up and got into their positions. They started the music but it sounds like an intro song. The girls danced passionately to the song and I have to admit the choreo was great. "Wait, did we have to bring an intro dance break thingy too?" Jackson said with wide eyes as we watched the girls do their magic. "Dude, they're killing that choreography!" Chanyeol praised. All of us couldn't take our eyes off of the girls, neither could the rest of the class. Not only were they killing the choreography but their visuals are great too. Not to mention, the way they carry themselves while performing it's like, they're different people once they get on that stage.  They moved in synchronization as they let their bodies be controlled by the music. 

The dance break ended and another song played. "Damn, Hyuna looks so y," I heard Hongseok say two feet away from my right. Seems like this guy really likes Hyuna. I focused back on the performance and my eyes landed on Hyuna. Out of all the girls, Hyuna caught my attention the most. 

The way she lets the music take her and the way she completely changes when she performs amazes me. She honestly looks like a badass while performing. I'm starting to see why Hongseok is attracted to Hyuna so much.

Myungsoo POV

"They're great performers!" Jackson said with wide eyes as we continued to watch Team Yellow's performance. "Crap guys, I'm getting more and more nervous," Chanyeol whined as he tried to let his body loosen up. "Agreed," Taeyong and Jackson replied in unison. , now I'm getting nervous. "Guy's calm down. Just think of it as an everyday practice like we always did," I said trying to comfort my members. , who are you kidding Myungsoo? You're just as nervous as you teammates! 

I watched as the girls kept performing and I tried to get my together in the few seconds we have left before the teacher makes our group perform. Come on, Myungsoo. You can do this. It's no biggie. Just pretend like no one's watching, ah , how can I do that when there's literally about 30 students in this class, not to mention I have to perform in front of Nana. Myungsoo, what wrong with you! This isn't you, get your together for 's sake!

The girls finished their performance and sat back down with the other students. "Thank you Team Yellow for that great performance!" the teacher said as the students applauded. . . . It's almost time. 

"Ok, our new group if you would please stand at the front of the class, please," the teacher ordered us. Jesus, take the wheel. Please, I'm begging you, oh and God can you try to like somehow make it so I don't have to got to Nana's house for that stupid project? Please.

"Myungsoo, come on," Taeyong urged me, snapping me out of my thoughts. We stood at the front of the class, side by side, and waited for the teacher's instructions. "Alright, first things first, your group name. Pick a color," the teacher instructed us. "Any color?" Jackson asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yes, well, any color except red, yellow, blue, and green," the teacher replied. "How about......pink?" Jackson said turning to us with a smile. The class burst out in laughter while Chanyeol, Taeyong, and I looked at Jackson with an 'are you ing kidding me' expression.

Well actually, let me break it down.

Chanyeol was like 'What the is this kid for real?'

I was like, 'Pink? Out of all the colors, pink?'

Then, there's Taeyong. Taeyong was like 'If this motherer doesn't shut the up, death gonna take him early'

"Hell no!" Taeyong exclaimed while Chanyeol and I just face palmed ourselves."What the are you thinking? Pink? Really?" Chanyeol said shaking his head in disapproval. "Ok, ok, boys calm down," the teacher warned. 

"How about my favorite color then?" Jackson insisted. "What is it purple? If it is, hell no. I'm not being known as that one guy in the barney group," Taeyong muttered giving a glare to Jackson, earning more laughter from the students. "No! My favorite color is black," Jackson said with a smile. "Hey, my favorite color is black too!" Chanyeol said excitedly. "Yea, me too," Taeyong said with a nod. "What's your favorite color Myungsoo?" Jackson asked me. "Black," I responded as all three of them cheered. "Woah, that's crazy!" Chanyeol exclaimed while the teacher tried to get us to calm down.

"Ok, ok. So yall will be known as Team Black," the teacher said. "No, wait. Can we have the word black in french?" Jackson begged. "French?" I muttered, confused. "Yeah, Team Noir!" Jackson yelled while fist pumping the air. "OK OK! TEAM NOIR! NOW QUIET DOWN!" the teacher yelled. Damn, woman.

"Now, on to the performance," the teacher ordered us. All of us got in our positions, I could feel the tension building as I looked at each member. Taeyong was trying his best not to laugh, while Chanyeol and Jackson looked anxious out of their minds. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, preparing myself for the music to start.

The second the music played, all four of us turned serious. We didn't train for nothing, which is why if we perform, we're going to give it all we got. It's strange, though, dancing and singing at the same time is easy for me. It's easy for all of us. I let the music take over me as I moved my body to the beat. When performing, you don't think, you just do. As expected, each member hit the notes perfectly while executing every dance move. I could feel chills go through my body as we moved in synchronization. When it was my turn to sing, I made sure to give a little something to the girl students fangirling over us by giving them a wink. 

I have to admit, we look and sound pretty damn good. Oddly enough, as we kept performing, I found myself actually enjoying the feeling of performing. It's like for these few minutes, nothing matters except for me and the music. Is that weird? I hope not. 

Three minutes of freedom turned into 20 seconds. Our performance was coming to an end and for some reason, I wish we had at least a little more time.  Sooner or later, the performance came to an end with us having a last 'cool' pose. There was a second of silence before we heard applause from the class. 

"Excellent performance boys!" the teacher complimented us while applauding. "Thank you," all of us replied, bowing at a ninety-degree angle. Even though it was only a 3-minute performance, beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. "Thank god we got that over with," Chanyeol said, fixing his hair.

"You've got that right," Taeyong panted as he sat on the floor and took off his face mask.

Well, at least we all made it out alive... "Guy's, I feel like I just ran a marathon," Jackson said in between breaths. Correction, barely alive... 

The rest of class went by quickly, fortunately. The bell rang indicating the end of the school day; all the students rushed out of the classroom and towards their lockers. "Dude, have you found anyone suspicious yet?" Taeyong interrogated as we walked towards our lockers. "No, not yet. The party on Friday will be good for us to find people, though," I answered as I opened my locker and threw my notebooks and other crap in it. "Hopefully," Taeyong muttered with a serious expression. I don't know much about Taeyong but it seems like he really cares about this mission. But I wonder why... "So, do you know who's throwing the party?" I asked Taeyong. Taeyong nudged his head towards my left. I saw a dark-haired girl with great visuals. "All I know is that her name is Bae Suzy and obviously she's popular. I think she's a senior," Taeyong informed me as he shut his locker.  I studied her for a bit, to me she looks like any other rich stuck up preppy. 

Nana POV

"So, are you going to the party on Friday?" I asked Hyuna, leaning my head on a locker. "Honestly, I don't know yet," Hyuna replied, letting out a sigh. What?! Why would she miss a party? 

"Why?" I said with a startled look. "I don't know, it's just... don't you get tired of having to go through the motions?" Hyuna said, confusing me even more. "Motions?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. "Just forget it," she groaned, closing her locker. "I'll see you tomorrow," Hyuna said, giving me a smile before walking away. 

As I stood there and pondered as to why Hyuna was acting weird, I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist. 

"Hey, y," I heard Soohyuk whisper as he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I turned to him and gave him a peck on the lips. "Hey," I replied with a smile. "So, are we gonna hang at your house or mine?" he asked, pulling me closer to him. I was about to say his but then I remembered about the project. "Oh, crap. I can't today, I have to do the project, sorry," I said giving him an apologetic smile. "Wait, with that new guy?" he asked, raising his voice. Looks like someone's jealous. "Babe, chill. You know I'd never cheat on you, besides, I like you not him," I assured him, giving him another peck on the lips. "Ok, I trust you," he said, embracing me into his arms. I enjoyed his warmth but was suddenly distracted from this moment we were having. My eyes landed on Myungsoo. He was at his locker with Taeyong, both were looking at... Suzy? Does Myungsoo like Suzy? I mean, Suzy is gorgeous but she doesn't compare to me. No offense. I'm not saying it's a bad thing that he's attracted to her but...

"Babe?" Soohyuk muttered; I gave my attention back to him. "You ok? You kind of blanked out for a little bit," he noted, letting out a chuckle. "Uh, yeah. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye," I said quickly, giving him a kiss goodbye and making my way towards Myungsoo.

I stood behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to face me with a confused expression. "Hey, Myungsoo. Are you ready to go to my place for the project?" I asked giving him one of my 'angelic smiles.' Instead of blushing or fanboying over me like the rest of the guy's in the school, Myungsoo gave me a simple nod with a bored expression. "Yeah," he muttered. 

"Alright, well I should get going then. I'll see you tomorrow," Taeyong said patting Myungsoo on the back and walking away. I turned my attention back to Myungsoo. "Alright well, let's head to the parking lot," Myungsoo said, forcing a smile. Does he not like me? Am I that horrible to him? One way or another, I'll change his mind. 

"Ok," I replied as I grabbed his hand in order for him to follow me. The moment I held his hand in mine, his cheeks turned red. I know he feels uncomfortable but I'm not letting go. I guided him through the swarm of students in the hallway and led us towards the parking lot. On the way, many students whispered to each other about Myungsoo and I holding hands. I bet they're saying stuff like 'Look at that ' or 'Does she not have any dignity?.' I've heard it all before and it doesn't bother me. 

Once we reached the parking lot, I let go of Myungsoo's hand and turned back to him. "Alright, well this is my car. It shouldn't be that hard to follow me with this color on my vehicle," I said leaning on my red Porsche with a proud smile. My car is a beauty, but again, that's not the only car I have. "Nice car," Myungsoo complimented, admiring the Porsche. "Thanks," I replied as I put my backpack in the trunk. 

"Nana!" I heard a voice say from far away, making both Myungsoo and I turn our heads. The voice belonged to Sanha who was jogging towards us with a huge smile on his face. "Hey, sis. Who's this?" Sanha asked while panting like he had just run a marathon. Sanha gave Myungsoo a confused expression. "Sanha this is my classmate, Myungsoo. Myungsoo this is my younger brother, Sanha," I introduced them. "Hello," Sanha said, bowing 90-degrees to Myungsoo. Myungsoo gave him a nod and responded, "Nice to meet you." 

"Well, I guess I'll head over to my car to meet you at your place," Myungsoo said, turning his attention back to me. Our eyes connected for a split second before he left, making his way towards his car. "Get in the car," I ordered Sanha; he quickly got in the front passengers' seat. I started my car and waited for Myungsoo to follow me out the parking lot. As I looked into the rearview mirror, I saw Myungsoo talking on the phone. It seemed like he was haveing a heated conversation with someone; he did not look happy. As I drove towards my place while Myungsoo followed me, I managed to get a few glimpses at his car. I have to admit, Myungsoo has a nice car. It's a little old fashion for my taste but nonetheless,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter