Pilot: "F School"

Spy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Myungsoo POV

Sophomore year. I wish I could take it all back. So many regrets I have... I was young, foolish, and stupid. I thought I was in control. I thought I was in love. I thought I had found the one girl for me, that is until she backstabbed me. She told me she loved me and I believed her... 

Why don't I just start from the beginning...

Ever since I could remember, my uncle, Kim Jungsan, was the only father or parent figure I had. He told me that my mother died giving birth to me and that my father died from an accident shortly after. My biological father is my uncle's brother, which is why I guess my uncle took me in. Anyways, I wouldn't have it any other way, my uncle raised me well and I'm thankful to have him. I never asked questions about my biological parents because I don't see any reason why. 

At the age of 5, my uncle, Jungsan, told me about our family secret. He informed me about our family's association with a secret agency, NOIR. I guess you could call it like a "Spy Agency." I trained with professionals all my life; they taught me how to fight, shoot, kill, hack, and all that cliche badass stuff. Because of this, I learned to not show emotions, kind of like having a poker face at all times. I had no trouble hurting people's feelings or lying my way out of things. I guess I just didn't care.

High school came and everything changed. Freshman year wasn't so difficult but puberty hit me hard. With that came hormones and all that teenage . Then... the second year of high school came. Sophomore year I met a girl, Yoon Sohee. She was the one who made me feel. I trusted her and got attached to her. Not only that, but I trusted her so much that I told her my secret. She manipulated me and I fell for her lies. At the time, I was doing a mission involving a couple of "wanna be" cartel thugs. In the end. Sohee told them about me being a "Spy" and in return, the cartel thugs paid her a large sum of cash. They beat me up and threw me in a ditch to die but obviously, I made it out. However, I took a great beating and I was left in the hospital for quite a while. 

After that experience, I decided "love" was just a stupid fairy tale and a bunch of bull . 

It's been eight months since that mess and now I have a different mission. I will have my own team and become the leader. 

***************************************************************

I walked into the training facility with my uncle by my side. The building for NOIR was no ordinary building, It was built underground inside abandoned subway systems. The agency recruited people through a long process of riddles and tests. Usually, they will send a letter to the recruit and the recruit has to solve a riddle that will lead him to another clue and so on. Eventually, they would find this building and insert a personal passcode into the security system to enter. 

"So, when are you going to show me the members to my team?" I asked impatiently, stopping in my tracks and giving my uncle, Jungsan, an interrogative look. He turned his head to me and gave me a smirk. "You have no patience, whatsoever" he noted, shaking his head in disapproval.  "Today?" I groaned, unamused. "Alright fine, follow me," he said, leading me into the taekwondo section of the training area. Many recruits were training with professionals; I skimmed over the number of recruits to see if any caught my attention. 

"The first member of your team, look to your far left and you'll see a guy who's boxing," my uncle stated as I turned my head and saw the guy. I studied his moves, he was good but he still needs improvement. He had black hair that covered his forehead and a tall lean figure. 

"Name?" I asked as I kept studying his moves.

"Park Chanyeol, he's trained for a year," Jungsan said, I gave him a surprised look. "One year?! You're giving me rookies to be on my team?!" I yelled, enraged. "Listen, I'm doing you a favor. The people I assigned for your team have the most improvement and skills from all the recruits," Jungsan said in a serious tone. I gave him an "are you serious" look and sighed. 

"Alright next," I said rolling my eyes. "Straight ahead, the guy who is practicing with the nunchucks," he said pointing towards a guy with a snapback and muscular figure. He was having trouble with the nunchucks and I gave my uncle another disapproving look. 

"His name is Wang Jackson," he informed me giving me an amused smile. "How long has he been training?" I asked, looking back at the recruit. My uncle paused and cleared his throat.

"Only 6 months" he muttered, shocking me. "Are you ing serious?!" I said in disbelief. "Give him a chance Myungsoo, He's made more improvement than any of the other recruits besides the other two members of your team," he pleaded but I knew I didn't have a choice. I let out a heavy sigh and nodded my head. 

"Alright, who's the last member..." I asked, not actually wanting to know in fear of the other recruit being worse than the others. 

"Far right, there's a guy fighting with a buff guy," he answered pointing at a guy with dark brown hair and lean figure. What I saw left me amazed. The dark haired boy took down the tall muscular man in a matter of seconds with no difficulty. 

"Who the hell is that?!" I said, eager to meet him.

"His name is Lee Taeyong, he came in around the same time as Chanyeol," my uncle said with a pleased smile. Taeyong was by far the best recruit I've ever seen. I kept staring at Taeyong's quick and strong moves with other opponents that tried to tackle him down but failed. 

"Well, I guess that covers all of it. You should probably go ahead and have a meeting with them in order to start training for the mission," my uncle said, patting me on the back before leaving me. 

****************************************************************

"My name is Kim Myungsoo. I will be your team leader," I announced to the three recruits sitting in the room. "Woah, you're Kim Myungsoo?! I heard you're a legend!" the one with baseball cap commented with wide eyes. What was his name?....Oh right, Jackson.  "Please take good care of me leader Kim," Jackson said giving me an innocent look.

"Uh, don't do that ever again," I ordered, weirded out. "Yes leader Kim," Jackson apologized, bowing at a 90-degree angle. "So, we're a team now?" Chanyeol asked while motioning his hands at all of us.

"Yes, that would be correct," I stated, nodding my head with a smile. "When's our first mission?" the one named Taeyong asked, raising his eyebrows. "Well first off, all of us need to transfer schools," I started, getting cut off by Chanyeol.

"Which school?" Chanyeol inquired giving me a confused expression. "Seoul Arts high school" I responded, giving him a glare for cutting me off.

"We're going to school?" Taeyong complained. "Yes, for a mission," I added, getting impatient with their attitude. "I heard that's where all the preppy rich kids go," Jackson commented, earning groans from both Chanyeol and Taeyong. Alright, that's it.

"If you all are going to keep complaining about this, then please get out." I declared with an angry tone. All of them kept quiet and gave their attention to me. "Ok. Now, we've been informed that an illegal organization is responsible for a number of crimes. Just to point some out, they've been involved in drugs, ion, illegal trading, and so on. Recently, new information has been discovered. One of the people in this organization has a child who attends Seoul Arts high school. Our mission is to find out who that person is and hopefully be able to find out who the criminals from this organization are." I stated, all of them paying close attention to every word. 

Jackson raised his hand and I nodded my head for him to proceed with his question. "Isn't this an art school, though?" Jackson questioned, narrowing his eyes. Both Chanyeol and Taeyong snapped their heads towards me, waiting for a response. I could tell they wanted nothing to do with performing arts. "Yes, it is. Which is why we will be training for 6 months for performing arts skills and also mission-based training," I replied giving them an apologetic smile.

"" Taeyong muttered under his breath. "But, what if we can't sing?" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes. "You'll learn, all of us will," I assured him. All of them muttered cuss words under their breath. I don't blame them, I don't want to look like a complete idiot up on a stage either. "Ok so just to confirm, all of you are in the eleventh grade and also 17 years of age?" I asked, looking over their profiles in my hand. All of them nodded in agreement, still bummed that they would have to perform in front of a bunch of other teenagers like ourselves. "Ok, great," I stated, standing up from my chair and walking towards them. 

"I'm looking forward to knowing all of you guy's," I commented, shaking every team members hand. 

*********************************************

6 Months Later

Taeyong POV

For the past 6 months, Myungsoo trained us as best he could. I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to quit multiple times. Not only did we have to do our regular training but also performance training. I'm not excited at all to be in a stupid boy band. Every time I thought I was going to quit, I reminded myself why I was here. 

Revenge.

The organization that NOIR is trying to find, is the same organization that killed my parents when I was 12 years old. Back then, they weren't so big of an organization but now they've grown. I tried my best to find them on my own but I couldn't find anything. That's when I chose to try to make contact with NOIR through hacking their servers and getting their attention. They accepted me into their agency and ever since then, I've been training hard. Anyways, I won't stop until I find my parents killers.

"Can you believe it? We've been training here for a year and a half!" Chanyeol exclaimed as we finished up dance practice. "Wow, and I've been training for a year!" Jackson said in disbelief. "Well, tomorrow's our first day of school so make sure to set your alarm's," Myungsoo stated, grabbing a towel to remove the sweat from his forehead. We're going to be 2 months late into the second/spring semester but to me, that's a good thing. The less performance we have to do, the better. I just hope that we won't have to continue this mission during senior year. One semester of performance during junior year is enough for me. "Yes, Sir," the rest of replied as we all made our way out of the practice room. 

**********************************************************

The sound of the annoying buzzer from the alarm clock startled me. I groaned, remembering that today would be day one of the mission. I quickly got up and took a shower. I made sure to eat breakfast so my stomach wouldn't make that annoying whale sound during class. By the time I was done with everything and grabbed my backpack, I noticed that I was running a little late. Well, it's only the first day of school... it.

Nana POV

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and coffee. I quickly got up and took a hot shower to start the day off. After I finished, I made my way towards the kitchen and greeted my father with a kiss on the cheek. "Good morning, appa," I said sitting down on one of the island chairs. "Morning sweety," my father keeping his eyes glued to the newspaper in his hands. "Miss. Im, what can I get you for breakfast?" the cook asked me with a warm smile. How many times do I have to tell her? She should know by now what I eat.

" The usual, a salad," I said with a "duh" expression. "Right away, Miss. Im" she responded as she quickly went to go get it. No, I don't feel bad for bashing her. I mean that's what she get's paid for right? I grabbed my phone and texted Soohyuk, my boyfriend.

Jinah: Good morning, handsome.

It didn't take long for him to text back as usual.

Soohyuk: Morning, beautiful. Gonna come in late for school today. Don't hate me. :(

Ugh, how does he not expect me not to get mad? The cook gave me my salad and water, thanking her as she gave it to me.

Jinah: Fine, but don't skip school. I want to see you ;)

Soohyuk: I'll see you soon, y. ;)

I quickly finished my breakfast and made my way out of the house saying goodbye to my mother and father but before I could make it out they stopped me. "Honey, I need you to take your brother to school from now on," my mom yelled from the kitchen. What?! No way! My brother is in his freshman year and I distinctly remember telling my mom that I wasn't taking him to school, ever. "Mom we talked about this!" I yelled from the door, rolling my eyes. "Jinah, taking your brother to school isn't going to be the end of the world, besides I can't keep taking him with all the work I need to get done," my mom argued as she motioned my brother to go with me. My mother took my brother to school for all of the first semester and the first two months of the second semester but it seems like she's gotten fed up. "Sis, come on, I'm not that bad!" my brother, Sanha, whined. I groaned and obliged to my mothers' wishes. 

"Ugh... ok, fine," I grumbled as Sanha cheered and followed me to the car. 

This is so embarrassing, especially since I have a reputation to uphold. I'm not a senior yet but I'm a junior so I qualify as an upperclassman. 

"This is going to be fu-"

"Shut up, and buckle your seat belt," I ordered, and he quickly did so.

The whole ride was silent except for the music in the background which was, of course, my boyfriend's band. I parked my red Porsche and turned the ignition off.

Obviously, that's not the only car I own. I have lots of expensive luxury cars, as a matter of fact, I get everything I want. 

"See ya," my brother shouted as he ran towards his friends in the courtyard. Ugh, finally. I made my way towards the entrance of the school. As always, all eyes were on me the second I stepped in. I could feel the cold glares from the other girls and the lustful glances from the boys in the school.

Yep, I'm the most popular girl in school. All the girls want to be me and all the guys want me. I made my way towards my locker and found my best friend, Hyuna already there; Hyuna is also a junior.

"Hey, creeper," I joked, sticking my tongue out to Hyuna. "Hey, ," she replied, holding back a chuckle. I opened my locker and put my bookbag inside and took out the necessary things. "So, where's your boyfriend? Shouldn't he be holding your hand or something?," Hyuna asked with a confused expression. "Well, he said he's coming in late today. I guess he's tired," I answered, closing my locker. "Tired from what? ?," Hyuna interrogated, letting out a laugh. I rolled my eyes and made my way towards 1st period with Hyuna by my side. The 5-minute bell rang as Hyuna and I sat in our seats.

Myungsoo POV

This morning I was woken up by my uncle's yelling. Always a great way to be woken up...

"Myungsoo, wake up! You don't want to be late for your first day of school!" my uncle shouted from below. I hate school; don't get me wrong, I'm intelligent, it's just that I hate teenage drama in general. I myself am 17 but I like to think that I'm much more mature than they are. Probably because I just don't care. 

I took a quick shower and got dressed. I headed towards the kitchen to grab some toast before I left. As I made my way out the door, my uncle cleared his throat to grab my attention. I turned my head, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" I muttered, wanting to leave as soon as possible.

"I know you're a teenager and well... teenagers have hormones and well-," my uncle started to say, while I looked at him in disbelief.

"Ok, I'm just gonna get going," I replied, shutting the door behind me. It's better to make my uncle mad than to talk about  and protection with him. Hell no. I mean...I'm a for cying out loud. 

I quickly got into my 1967 Chevy Impala and entered the address of the school into my phone for directions. It was at least a 10-minute drive, not that bad.

I parked my car in the farthest parking space I could find. I don't want anyone scratching my car. As I got out of the car, I took a quick glance at my surroundings. Every student here was dressed in uniform or expensive brand clothes. Yep, preppy people. This is going to . I grabbed my stuff from the trunk and made my way towards the entrance of the school. I looked around to see if I could spot any of the guys, but no luck. 

"They better not be late..." I muttered under my breath. I walked towards the office to grab my schedule. Walking into the office, there was already students getting in trouble and adults running around all over the place trying to get stuff done. 

"I'm sorry Hongseok but I have no choice but to give you detention today after school" a man who I suppose was the principal of the school said to a boy with dark hair and a green bomber jacket. 

"But I have-" the boy named Hongseok argued but was cut off by the principal.

"No but's, detention after school today. That's final," the principal yelled at the teenage boy.  The boy rolled his eyes and griped about how it was unfair or some like that. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Teenagers these days have no respect for their elders. I walked towards a woman sitting behind a desk and informed her about me being a new student. 

"Oh, you're one of the four new students, am I correct?" the older woman asked with a smile. 

"Yes, ma'am," I responded, nodding my head. She gave me my schedule and I was off. Jeez, where the hell is the other guys...

I looked up and saw Jackson and Chanyeol next to some lockers. Ok, where's Taeyong? I quickly grabbed my phone and texted him. 

L: Where you at? Class will start soon!

It only took a couple of seconds for him to text back.

TY: I'll be there in 5 minutes

I sighed and muttered a cuss word under my breath. I'm pretty sure Taeyong just wanted to be a little late. As I made my way towards Jackson and Chanyeol, all the students simultaneously turned their heads toward the entrance of the school. That's weird... 

I turned my head towards where they were looking at. I saw a beautiful girl walking, no, strutting in like it was her runway for modeling. I have to admit, she's drop dead gorgeous. I tried to take my eyes off of her but it's like I was in some weird trance. Her visuals were like a goddess or angel. 

"Hey, Myungsoo!" Chanyeol shouted, interrupting my thoughts. I turned my head to see Jackson and Chanyeol standing beside me with big smiles on their faces. "Hey," I said with a grin and turned my attention to them. "Where's Taeyong?" Jackson asked, scanning the student body. "He'll be here, in a little while," I answered while I took a look at my schedule. "I have my first class with Chanyeol!" Jackson said, giving Chanyeol a side bro hug. "Remember, we're only here for a mission. My advice to y'all is to not get too attached to anyone here," I mentioned giving them a glare. 

"Yes, sir," both of them said in unison. I nodded my head and smiled, it's nice to be in charge for a change. 

"Hey guys," a male voice said behind us. All of turned to see Taeyong with his eyes half open and half closed. "Looks like someone didn't get all their required sleep," Chan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter