003: The Former

Full Circle
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: THIS IS A FLASHBACK BTW - to understand Sehun better and the friendship between Kai and him. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

- Sehun P.O.V -

 

"Mum, I'm telling you it's nothing." For the umpteenth time, Sehun had tried to brush of the topic but his mother wouldn't have it. 

 

"Oh Sehun, I do not appreciate that tone. You talk nicely. And, don't take me for an idiot because anyone can see that a simple fall won't cause this big of a bruise."

 

Sehun noticed the rise in his mother's tone and rolled his eyes in annoyance, so much for talking nicely.  In all honesty, his head was beginning to hurt trying to think of all the possible ways of getting out of his current dilemma and it wouldn't be so bad if he knew that his mother would believe him - but he knew that she wouldn't no matter how many times he repeats it.

 

"You won't believe me either way, so just let it go. Please."

 

Sehun's mother threw him a look of disbelief and he shook his head, already knowing what was coming up after all - it had become a routine after he showed up.

 

"Are you not going to talk, young man?"

 

"No."

 

By now, Sehun had become bored and just examined a bruise on his arm he got precisely a week ago. He made the mistake of wearing a short sleeved shirt and now he was here, being interrogated as usual. Sehun looked up once again and saw his mother just staring at him, arms folded and he found his eyes drift back to the bruise. It'd been a while but the bruise still looked nasty, a dark purple color which you could easily mistake for black. It wrapped around his arm like a band and if anyone knew better, you would be able to tell it was caused by someone's hand. 

 

"What have I done to deserve this, my god." Sehun looked up to his mother who had her hands in her hair, absolutely frustrated with him.

 

His mother's voice wasn't as loud before but her words carried such weight that Sehun couldn't help it this time around that his mother's word hurt. A lot.

 

"Sehun, I love you and I just want you to be safe. Now, please, tell me who did this and we will get it sorted out."

 

Processing his mother's words, Sehun couldn't help but smirk. He didn't know if it was his anxiousness that had made him sort of - fearless or that he just had enough but whatever it was made him right in this moment  fearless, he couldn't care less what was going to happen next.

 

"It was your husband, Moon Jaehyung."

 

Saying his name absolutely disgusted Sehun. He had become a master at hiding his feelings but admittedly the flood of memories had brought a sickening feeling that made his stomach churn and hairs lift.

 

"You're being ridiculous, Sehun. He wouldn't do such a thing, especially not to you."

 

"And that's exactly why I have such big bruises, right mum? Because he's so damn caring."

 

Sehun loved his mother, no doubt about it, but his fear of her husband had made him turn into a sarcastic prick of a son, it was a defense mechanism. His mother just stared at him and for a while they stayed like that, but Sehun could see the veins that appeared on his mother's face in anger as she continued to stare at him. He could see the loathe and disgust she felt for speaking ill of her husband and as much as Sehun wanted to pat himself on the back for speaking up, he couldn’t - because in his mother's eyes, Moon Jaehyung was an angel sent from above during her times of darkness. And if he, her own flesh and blood couldn't change her thoughts about him, who else could?

 

What came next had surprised Sehun - his mother raised her hand and slapped him across the face and he found himself on the ground with his right cheek stinging. Sehun was caught off guard for a second but laughed as he felt any ray of hope out of him. He knew it. He absolutely f**king called it.

 

Sehun was hurt with the thought his mother wasn't going to believe him but the reality of it actually hurt a thousand times worse. Telling himself to prepare for the worst, the young man got up, ignoring his mother's protests and words of concern - that came a little too late and grabbed his jacket and helmet - heading straight out of the door. Not forgetting to slam the door as hard as he can. Sehun reminded himself to find another job and get out of that house real quick as his mother wasn't enough anymore to keep him in that rat hole he used to call his 'home'.

Please log in to read the full chapter