12

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

During Nayoung’s healing time, she didn’t speak to Eunwoo, Minkyung or Siyeon. She was very mad at them. They had made her kill someone. She wasn’t sure if she could forgive them. She spent a lot of time with Sejeong and Chungha. They were fallen angels, just like she was. When Nayoung came back, they were the ones who sat with her and took care of her. Because of them, Nayoung got better a lot quicker than she would have if she was alone.

 

Three months had passed since Nayoung had visited the human world. In this time, Jieqiong and Heehyun had permanently moved into Chaeyeon’s apartment. Jieqiong and Heehyun both had part time jobs to help pay the rent.

One day, Jieqiong was working. She worked at a convenience store. It was the afternoon and the rush of school children had just finished, so Jieqiong was taking a moment to sit down behind the counter to rest. She watched as a tall figure walked into the store. They had their hood up since it had been raining outside, but they didn’t pull it down. Jieqiong didn’t really bat an eyelid though, she didn’t care. She was tired and wanted to go home and take a nap. Jieqiong stood up as the person approach the counter. She began scanning their items.

“Do you need a bag?” She asked, not looking up.

“No thanks.” A familiar voice said.

Jieqiong looked up immediately. The person had pulled their hood down. She could see their face clearly now.

It was Nayoung.

“You’re back!” Jieqiong gasped, jumping over the counter to hug Nayoung tightly.

Nayoung smiled, hugging Jieqiong back. “Yes, I’m back.”

“I missed you so much.” Jieqiong said, squeezing Nayoung tightly.

“I missed you too.” Nayoung said, before pulling away. “So, you have a job now?”

Jieqiong nodded. “I moved in with Chaeyeon. It’s better than living on the college campus, it’s not even that far away so I can just walk there every day for classes. Oh, I almost forgot, Heehyun lives with us too.”

“Are Heehyun and Chaeyeon… Uh…” Nayoung stopped.

“They’re dating. It’s been like that for almost three months.” Jieqiong said.

Nayoung just nodded slowly. “I see. Well… When does your shift end?”

Jieqiong looked at her watch. “In a few hours. It’s usually quiet though after all the school children have been in. Are you going to stay with me?”

Nayoung nodded. “I’ll stay.”

Jieqiong smiled before pulling Nayoung behind the counter.

 

Jieqiong’s shift went a lot faster now she had Nayoung with her. They walked back to Chaeyeon and Jieqiong’s apartment. They were about to go in when they heard a loud moan, followed by a voice.

“H…Heehyun! We can’t do this now! Jieqiong’s going to come back any second!”

Jieqiong slowly unlocked the door before going inside with Nayoung, making sure to be very slow in case Chaeyeon and Heehyun were in some state of undress. When they walked into the living room, Chaeyeon was sat on the couch trying to read a book, looking very flustered. Meanwhile, Heehyun was sat in the seat opposite Chaeyeon, staring at her.

“Oh, hi there Jieqiong! And you brought Nayoung with you!” Chaeyeon said, putting her book down.

Heehyun was broken from her trance when she heard Nayoung’s name. She looked up.

“Nayoung, you’re back!” Heehyun got up and walked over to the tall demon. “We need to talk about a few things!” And with that, she dragged Nayoung off outside.

There was a moment of silence, before Chaeyeon spoke.

“Does Nayoung ever try and pounce on you when you’re alone? Is that a demon thing?”

Jieqiong wasn’t sure how to respond.

 

A few hours later, Heehyun and Nayoung came back. Jieqiong was sat on the couch reading a book for one of her classes, whilst Chaeyeon was in the kitchen cooking. Heehyun went straight into the kitchen to bother Chaeyeon, and Nayoung flopped down next to Jieqiong.

“Did you have a nice time with Heehyun?” Jieqiong asked.

Nayoung nodded. “She was just making sure I was okay and asking how things had been.”

Jieqiong snuggled up close to Nayoung. “Did you speak to the others whilst you were in hell?”

“I only spoke to Sejeong and Chungha.” Nayoung sighed. “I can’t forgive the others yet.”

“Do you think you’ll ever forgive them?” Jieqiong asked, looking up at Nayoung.

Nayoung took a moment to respond.

“I don’t know.”

A moan came from the kitchen, so Nayoung and Jieqiong got up and went into the bedroom to continue to cuddle and then sleep.

 

A week passed and life went on as usual. Jieqiong and Chaeyeon went to college, did their classes, worked, then came back, made dinner, then went to bed. Heehyun also worked, she was the janitor at the college Jieqiong and Chaeyeon studied at. Nayoung wasn’t sure how long Heehyun would last after she’d heard that Heehyun had knocked someone out with a broom because they were in her way.

Please log in to read the full chapter