11

My Guardian Demon
Please log in to read the full chapter

They stayed at Chaeyeon’s apartment for a while. Chaeyeon didn’t mind, she liked the company. Living by herself hadn’t been much fun. Mittens had been a form of company, but now Mittens was gone and instead Chaeyeon had an apartment full of demons and an immortal. One day, the demons were out and Jieqiong was sat in the spare bedroom on one of the beds, reading a book. There was a knock at the front door.

“I’ll get it!” Chaeyeon yelled.

Jieqiong got up slowly and crept up to her door, peering through the gap.

Heehyun was at the front door with some chocolate and flowers.

“Mittens—I mean uh… Heehyun! You’re back.” Chaeyeon said. “Are those for me?”

Heehyun nodded. “I… I feel really bad about the whole dog thing and everything else that happened. I was gonna get you another dog, but… They wouldn’t let me at the animal shelter because they said the animals were scared of me. You know, because of the whole demon aura…” Heehyun trailed off, before looking up at Chaeyeon.

Chaeyeon just laughed. “You’re too precious. Come inside.”

Heehyun came inside and they went into the living room. Jieqiong went back to her bed and continued reading, a smile on her face at the interaction she’d just witnessed.

 

Meanwhile, the demons were at an abandoned building.

“So, this one used to be a hospital.” Eunwoo was saying. “Means there’ll be a lot of explorers, especially since it’s getting dark now. I love scaring them.”

“Do I have to?” Nayoung sighed.

“Yes. Do something evil for once, you’re a demon.” Minkyung said, hitting Nayoung’s shoulder.

Siyeon walked round the corner. “I found a chair, do you wanna pretend we’re having a satanic ritual and we’re sacrificing me to the devil?”

Eunwoo and Minkyung laughed, before nodding. Nayoung reluctantly followed them.

A few minutes later, Siyeon was tied to a chair with some rope. Minkyung had rubbed some dirt on Siyeon, which the other demon didn’t really appreciated, but Minkyung just wanted the situation to look believable.

“Okay, let’s hold hands! Siyeon, you know what to do.” Eunwoo said.

The three demons held hands around Siyeon. Minkyung and Eunwoo started mumbling nonsense, trying to make it look like they were doing a chant. Meanwhile, Siyeon began thrashing around, screaming, and her eyes were red. Surely enough, two teenage boys came peering round the corner. When they saw the four, they froze.

“Let go, I’m going to untie Siyeon and set her on them.” Eunwoo mumbled.

They stopped holding hands and Eunwoo untied Siyeon. As soon as Siyeon was freed, she went charging at the boys, who both screamed and ran off into the darkness, Siyeon following them. A few minutes later, Siyeon came back, laughing.

“I love doing that.” Siyeon said as she returned to the others.

“Nayoung, you go next!” Eunwoo said, before pushing Nayoung down into the chair.

“Do I have to?” Nayoung groaned.

“Yes! It’ll be fun.” Minkyung said as she helped to tie Nayoung up.

“Let your inner demon out! Go primal!” Siyeon said with a bright smile.

Nayoung had never let that happen. Every demon had the ability to let the evil take over them, and the majority had control over it.

The three held hands and began mumbling, and soon Nayoung realised they were doing a chant. And suddenly, she wasn’t in control anymore. She was thrashing around in the chair, screaming, yelling, trying to break free. And when someone came round the corner, Nayoung broke free from the chair, snapping the ropes, and she ran after them.

Eunwoo, Minkyung and Siyeon thought it was all fun and games, until they heard a pained screech. They ran in the direction of the scream and the sight they saw shocked them.

Nayoung had killed the person. She had drained the life out of them and taken their soul. The person was dead.

But when they searched for Nayoung, she was nowhere to be found.

“Well, we have a problem on our hands if she hasn’t taken control again.” Eunwoo said quietly.

 

Luckily, Nayoung had regained control of herself and was running back to Chaeyeon’s apartment. She went inside, slamming the door and locking it, before running off into the bathroom.

“Who was that?” Chaeyeon called from in the living room.

When there was no response, Chaeyeon got up, dragging Heehyun with her. Jieqiong also came out of her room. They were all stood outside the bathroom door when they heard a loud sob

Please log in to read the full chapter