/7/

Beautiful ( as in world-changing, show-stopping beautiful)

Wonwoo doesn't like Jeonghan-- not romantically, that is.

 

He doesn't think about the way Jeonghan tilts his head, how his eyes light up like floating lanterns, or how pure and ardent his smiles make him seem. And he most definitely doesn't think about the way Jeonghan's shirt rises as he stretches, revealing his smooth, flat navel, and the way he bites his lip when he concentrates in class and how ing y he looks when he leans over---

 

Wonwoo doesn't think about these things because Jeonghan's a friend, and no one would ever think these things about a friend ( because that's what Jeonghan is ).

 

The best relationships are nurtured, taken from the soil, molded, spun and baked until it's brilliant pot. That's right, he supposes, friendships are like pots, and Wonwoo got an A in arts and crafts back in Kindergarten.

 

Jeonghan shuffles awkwardly from where he sits. "Uh..."

 

And Wonwoo feels like murdering Lee Minhyuk brutally, as in gauging out the eyes, ripping off skin, rubbing in that salt--for Jeonghan's sake ( platonically, of course).

 

Seungkwan starts to cough hysterically. "M-Minhyuk? I-never-take-things-seriously Minhyuk? Trips-over-my-own-two-feet Minhyuk?"

 

"Yep. That's the one."

 

Jisoo blinks a total of three times before he starts to speak, "Oh...wow...Hannie, that's...that's..great..."

 

Seungcheol deflates into a puddle and rubs his eyes with the palm of his hand tiredly, but still offers a sad smile. Seungkwan subtly pats his back. "That's great Jeonghan, I'm sure you'll charm him in no time."

 

"He's probably already charmed," Mingyu quips angrily and leans back, lips twisting into a scowl.

 

Chan's eyes glance back and forth nervously. "What's going on?" he whispers to Jihoon.

 

Jihoon smirks, enjoying the spectacle like the sadistic he is, "Just sit back and watch, kid. You'll catch on eventually."

 

It’s only when Jeonghan frowns worriedly, when Jihoon decides that the situation has crossed the line.

 

"Did I say something wrong?" Jeonghan’s tone is nervous and poking, as he fidgets in his seat.

 

Jihoon sighs as he stands up, clapping his hands together and he steps over Chan and Jun, shoving Soonyoung aside so he can fit properly in the small empty space next to Jeonghan. He glares at the four of them, starting from Jisoo and ending at Wonwoo. Wonwoo feels his neck prickle in fear when he makes eye contact with a guy half his size.

 

"Let's continue," he says tersely, spinning the bottle in Jeonghan's place.

 

;;

 

Jeonghan squints his eyes at his phone, reading the address that Mingyu had sent him last night as he walks down the unfamiliar street.

 

Mingyu’s neighborhood is shabby, Jeonghan couldn’t help but notice. The sidewalks were caked in dirt and splatters of red paint that has astounding semblance to blood , across the street is a group of suspicious people, probably not much older than Jeonghan himself, huddling in the corner, and very likely dealing some sort of drug- pot, or crack, or whatever.

 

He reaches Mingyu’s run down apartment complex. The doors are unlocked and the doorman’s absent, so Jeonghan simply walks through and climbs the stairs to the third floor.

 

“Hello?” he calls softly, but the door swings open before he could finish his second knock.

 

Mingyu stands on the other side-- his left hand pressing against the frame of the doorway, his right resting on the knob. His height and toned muscles make Jeonghan seem small in comparison.

 

“Uh.” Mingyu clears his throat before offering a wide smile, stepping aside to let Jeonghan in. “Make yourself at home.”

 

Jeonghan grins happily before walking through, throwing his stuff on the couch and sitting in the crease between two cushions. He yawns as he leans back. “Are you excited to start on that proposal? Because I’m not.”

 

“Who’s ever excited to do work?” Mingyu bites back as he sits next to Jeonghan, pulling his laptop onto his knees.

 

They work well together, Jeonghan discovers. Mingyu types quickly, writing everything down with little to no typos as Jeonghan rapidly iterates whatever’s on his mind. It’s electrifying, as they jump off each other’s ideas-- Mingyu doesn’t always agree with him like how he prefers the phrase in which over Jeonghan’s favored wherein--but his ideas and intellectual prowess make Jeonghan admit that there’s more to Mingyu than just pretty face with an impeccable drive.

 

Not that Jeonghan had any doubt, anyway. He always knew Mingyu was a closeted onion, it only takes time and patience to discover the different layers.

 

The two of them finish in half the time Jeonghan thought they would, so he ends up lounging (literally-- legs sprawled out against all three cushions) as Mingyu makes ramen.

 

“My specialty,” the taller jokes as he turns on the faucet.

 

The apartment is small and a little rundown, but clean and tidy. The white couch is remarkably unstained, especially for someone so promiscuous.

 

“Shocked?” Mingyu says, as if reading his mind.

 

Jeonghan blushes and pretends to be oblivious. “What do you mean?”

 

“The couch. Are you shocked that it’s so clean? No stains?”

 

“Uh, sorry” Jeonghan says dumbly as he feels heat rush rapidly to his face.

 

Mingyu laughs, though not unkindly, and proceeds to place the pot on the stove. He stands there for a few seconds, as if contemplating the next course of action, before abruptly turning, and briskly walking to the couch, where Jeonghan still lies lazily.

 

“You’re the first person!”

 

He says it quick, his face slightly turned away from Jeonghan’s, eyes trained on the small dent on the ground. If Jeonghan strains his eyes hard enough, he can make out the flush of heat that graces Mingyu’s tan complexion, right above the cheekbone.

 

This new side of Mingyu-- awkward, unsure, and humane--, Jeonghan finds it unbearably endearing.

 

“You’re the first person I invited here.” Mingyu continues, nearly whispering as he shuffles from foot to foot. “Because you mean that much to me”

 

;;

 

Seungcheol bites the tip of his pen angrily as he glares at the back of Minhyuk’s head.

 

ing Minhyuk, he thinks, of course it’d be him, the slightly dazed, slightly childish, slightly clumsy-- he’s slightly everything-- and Jeonghan has always had a thing for fixer upper’s. So then fix me up.

 

Sure, he may not be as dorky as Minhyuk, and definitely not as mentally challenged as Minhyuk either, but Seungcheol did have his faults! Like, for example, he sometimes chewed his food with his mouth open, or snorts when he laughs too loudly, and his feet twitch slightly whenever someone says the word  “snickerdoodle.” (a story for which he would not like to explain).

 

But Seungcheol’s not bitter, because he’s not a bitter person. He’s fine, he’s cool, life’s cool (he thinks, as his pen mortifyingly bends into a shape of no return).

 

Class ends and Seungcheol continues to stare daggers into Minhyuk’s head as shoves his materials into his bag and then makes a speedy exit. He does not want to be in Lee ing Minhyuk’s presence anymore.

 

Oh his way to his locker, he runs into Jisoo, who's clearly not doing any better than he is. The soccer player was leaning against the wall, arms crossed as he stared out the window, his face devoid of any emotion.

 

If Seungcheol didn’t know any better, he’d think that Jisoo was simply dozing off, but he himself had wore that same very expression the day he got home from Wonwoo’s house. It only seems that it hasn’t worn off of Jisoo yet.

 

He decides to cut the guy some slack.

 

“Jisoo!” Seungcheol greets happily as he slings over his shoulder. Jisoo shrugs him off angrily and glares at him.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Seungcheol frowns. “Woah there, calm down. I was just wondering how you’ve been. No need to get all feisty.”

 

Jisoo’s face remains contorted in a scowl for a staggering 3 seconds before his muscles relax, features melting into exhaustion and sadness.

 

Jisoo shrugs tiredly. “Nothing much. Just. Hanging in there.”

 

Seungcheol leans against the wall next to Jisoo, nodding in understanding. “Yeah, and it’s all because of---”

 

“Jisoo!”

 

A voice cuts them off, and its lo and behold, Jeonghan, sporting his toothy smile and smiley crescent eyes. The sight of Jeonghan’s smile makes Seungcheol’s heart sting, knowing that his smile is not reserved only for him-- and at this rate, never will be.

 

But, it’s only when he sees the source of all his problems, the dorky, clumsy, fixer-upper himself, tailing Jeonghan only a few steps behind, when he feels like he’s about to vomit his heart out of his chest.

 

He looks over and makes eye contact with Jisoo. Seungcheol’s almost positive they had the same thought.

 

Lee ing Minhyuk.

 

Jeonghan makes his way over the crowd of people with little to no resistance, his smile unchanging from where Seungcheol saw it across the hallway.

 

“Good news,” Jeonghan chirps happily, “Mr. Kwon approved of our festival idea. Mingyu and I worked finished it yesterday and we sent it last night.”

 

Kim ing Mingyu.

 

Why, Seungcheol thinks, why is it so hard to keep everyone away from Jeonghan? He feels like bashing his head against a table, or punching a wall--something, anything, to take out his frustration.

 

Instead, he smiles weakly. “That’s great, Jeonghan. I...I can’t wait.”

 

Jisoo’s attempt to sound happy is also futile. He only manages a small “yay”.

 

Jeonghan, as Seungcheol expected, catches on quick. It’s one of the reasons he finds himself falling so hard for him-- Jeonghan’s ability to empathize (note, empathize NOT sympathize), is left rivaled to none. Sometimes, Seungcheol doesn’t even realize he needed comforting until Jeonghan says something-- the perfect something.

 

“You guys okay?” Jeonghan tilts his head to the side, eyes shifting from him to Jisoo. “Did something happen?”

 

Jisoo shakes his head. “It’s nothing, Hannie. I’m tired.”

 

Jeonghan doesn’t buy it, Seungcheol can tell from the way his eyebrows furrow, and his lips bend in a frown. But Minhyuk (Lee ing Minhyuk), cuts in before he can call Jisoo out for his lie.

 

“Come on, Jeonghan,” Minhyuk says, bringing his arm up to Jeonghan’s shoulders, leading him away. “We have to get going, or we’ll be late to class.”

 

“Okay.” Jeonghan looks at Minhyuk and nods. “We have a meeting today after school in the library. Jihoon wants to show us the song selections. Don’t forget!”

 

Jeonghan turns around as Minhyuk guides him to the next class. But seconds before a group of people block them from Seungcheol’s view, he swears--swears on his life-- that he saw Minhyuk turn around and smirk at him.

 

That .

 

“Did you see that?” he asks Jisoo, but Jisoo was too busy staring at a black mark on the ground to notice.

 

“Hm?”

 

Seungcheol frowns. “Nevermind. Don’t you have class now?”

 

Jisoo shakes his head again. “No, I have a free, but you go ahead.”

 

Seungcheol pats the the small of Jisoo’s back comfortingly as he leaves for his next class, Minhyuk’s smirk still fresh in his mind.

 

;;

 

Seungkwan makes sure to seem inconspicuous as he extends his arm and expertly drops a note on Hansol’s desk. Hansol, half lulled to sleep by Ms. Yoo’s boring lecture, suddenly jolts awake at the familiar sound of a folded piece of paper landing on faux wood.

 

Seungkwan nods his head slightly, gesturing him to open it when Hansol looks over.

 

SK: Does Jisoo seem upset to you?

Hansol picks up his pen, scribbles his reply down and slides the paper into Seungkwan’s expecting fingers.

 

HS: yeah, ever since Jeonghan said he liked Minhyuk he’s been more moody than usual.

SK: you don’t think he likes Jeonghan do you?

HS: whaaat best friends to lovers?? Baby, that’s us!!

SK: I don’t know, Jeonghan likes Minhyuk, remember?

HS: Oh yeah :((

SK : Poor Jisoo, I was starting to like him too

HS: I know right? He didn't fall asleep when you were talking about that head. Jisoo must works miracles

At this, Seungkwan squints his eyes suspiciously.

SK : are you implying my stories are boring?

Hansol visibly starts to sweat. He raises his left hand to wipe a droplet off his brow

HS: what? Baby, that's impossible your stories make my day. Anyways, Jisoo.

 

Seungkwan stares at the piece of paper in thought, scribbling his response hastily a few seconds later.

 

SK: you know what, we should do something

HS: ?? Seungcheol tho ??

SK: , please, Jeonghan looks good with everybody.

 

;;

 

The one distinct, happy memory Jisoo had of his mother was back when he was five--two years before Jeonghan moved into town, four years before his parents’ relationship took a dramatic turn.

 

Even as a kid, Jisoo had always been possessive of the things he cherished. One day, while both his parents were working late shifts, his babysitter took him to the playground. Usually, he doesn’t bring his stuffed bunny, a toy he was particularly fond about, out of the house in fear of getting it damaged, but since the playground was always filled with the ‘big kids’ near the afternoon, he didn’t want to seem like a loner with nothing to do.

 

Huddled in the corner by the sandbox, and far away from the swings where the monkey king perched, Jisoo filled up his plastic bucket with sand and quickly flipped it over, trying desperately to make a castle without the aid of water. His bunny, Honey, was placed on the wooden borders of the box so that it was both in sight but nonsusceptible to getting dirty.

 

Suddenly, from the corner of his eye, a looming figure creeped over and snatched Honey from where it resided. The boy, black disheveled hair and large round eyes couldn’t be much older than Jisoo himself, but still acted larger and scarier.

 

“Hey!” Jisoo shouted, standing abruptly and knocking over his sand figure. “That’s mine, give it back!”

 

The boy, Min-something (Jisoo doesn’t remember, now, many many years later), hid the bunny behind his back.  “Na Na Na Na Na,” the boy sing songed. “You have to catch me first.”

 

He proceeded to push Jisoo to the ground and sprinted proudly for the swings, back to where the monkey king laughed at this entire ordeal.

 

The babysitter brought Jisoo back home sobbing, gently aiding the boy over the threshold and into the arms of his awaiting mother, graciously taking the money and making a b line out of the house.

 

“Jisoo?” his mother said gently, brushing the tears off his streaked face. “My baby, what happened?”

 

“Honey,” Jisoo breathed, his chest irregularly rising as he tried to catch his breath. “Someone took him.”

 

His mom picked him up and held him to her chest, cradling his head in the crook of her neck and hummed. “Oh baby Jisoo, let’s get you cleaned up first yeah? And then you can tell me all about it.”

 

Later that night in bed, tucked into the side of his mom and comforted by the warm confines of the blanket, Jisoo sobbed quietly.

 

“Never again,” he promised to himself. “I’m not going to let people take my things ever again.”

 

There was a beat of silence before his mom hummed comfortingly.

 

“Jisoo, love is as much about holding tight as it is about letting go.”

 

That night, five year old Jisoo had the best view of his beautiful mom from where he was held in her arms: long black hair, round sparkling eyes, wistful but wise smile,-- a gentle look, filled with love.

 

;;

 

Jisoo sighs as he walks out of his last period classroom, running his hand through his hair and shaking his head slightly to get out of his sleepy reverie. His classical literature teacher had been talking about common romance tropes in heroic novels and gave a lecture about the concept of “letting go.”

 

He is usually attentive during class, (his teacher Ms. Meng had the most interactive lessons), but the discussion triggered the memory of his mom, a figure who he chooses to rarely think about. Is that why she left, Jisoo questions. Because she loved us?

 

The hallway was packed with students as everyone rushed out of the building in hurry to find comforts in their own homes. Jisoo waits for the usual influx of students to calm down instead of fighting the current to the library.

 

His thoughts turn to Jeonghan instead, and wants nothing more than to find salvation in Jeonghan’s hold, his gentle voice, pats on the back and whispers of sweet comforts. He tries not to think about his mom, who’s probably settling into the guest room of his house this very moment and chooses to think about his best friend’s smile, memories from their childhood that only exist between them.

 

Too immersed in his thoughts, Jisoo’s shocked when he nearly topples over Wonwoo, who was looking into the classroom through the glass window of a closed door.

 

“Watch where you’re going,” Wonwoo half heartedly chides, face slacken from shock.

 

Jisoo frowns at the unnatural behavior, craning his neck to get a better look into the classroom. “What were you looki--HEY!”

 

Wonwoo abruptly pushes Jisoo forward. “Why, would you look at the time. It’s getting late, we should go before Jihoon has both of our asses.”

 

Jisoo frowns and squints his eyes suspiciously but complies. “Yeah, sure okay. Let’s go.”

 

An awkward pause plagues the two as they walk down the hallway as Jisoo realizes he’s never been alone with Wonwoo before. He begins to feel distaste in his mouth when he remembers that Jeonghan has been to Wonwoo’s house before. It doesn’t matter now, since Jeonghan isn’t interested in Wonwoo either.

 

“What do you think about that Minhyuk guy?” Wonwoo suddenly asks

 

Jisoo purses his lips together. Sure he hasn’t really talked to him that much, but from what he gathered , Minhyuk seems too much like a slacker, the type of person who never took anything seriously, let alone feelings. Jeonghan deserves better.

 

He opts to reply tersely, “He seems like a joke to be honest.”

 

Wonwoo barks out a sardonic laugh, “I didn’t even know he existed until Jeonghan brought him up. But now that I’ve seen him, he walks around like he’s the .”

 

They stop at the entrance to the library and Jisoo opens the door for Wonwoo politely, “Maybe it’s because he is ,” Jisoo replies pettily as Wonwoo smiles.

 

“Agreed.”

 

Their conversation stops when Jisoo spots a group of people huddling in their usual corner of the library, he can already make out Seungcheol’s unruly hair and Mingyu’s giant of a stature, even Chan who he didn’t even know was part of this thing is there, but he can’t spot Jeonghan among the mess. Jisoo frowns; that’s odd, Jeonghan’s the type of person who would be early for this thing.

 

He takes a seat next to Hansol who bumps shoulders with him in hello. Across the circle, Wonwoo sits down in between Soonyoung and Jun, unlike him, Wonwoo doesn’t seem surprised that Jeonghan hasn’t made an appearance yet.

 

“Where’s Jeonghan?” he says. Everyone hears him despite how quietly he voiced it.

 

“I don--”

 

Jihoon begins but through their best friend telepathy, Jeonghan rushes in the through the door, hair slightly messed up, lips swollen and cheeks flushed. Jisoo’s frown deepens.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” Jeonghan pants out as he doubles over to catch his breath. “I was caught doing-- uh-- things.”

 

Jeonghan walks over and sits at the empty spot Jisoo makes when he scoots over. “Where were you?” Jisoo whispers.

 

Jeonghan shrugs and smiles dreamily, “I said I was doing things.”

 

The rest of the gathered twelve stare at Jeonghan like they had just seen a ghost, Mingyu with his lips twitching, Seungcheol and his puppy eyes, Wonwoo and his stoic face.

 

Jihoon scowls, fed up as he claps his hands to gain everyone’s attention. “Can you guys stop staring at Jeonghan like he has the plague? He was late, we get it, people can be late. Let’s move on.”


 

Soonyoung nods his head in agreement, “Yeah the festival is only a few weeks away and I need to hear the songs before I start choreographing.”

 

Chan raises his hand timidly. “Um, what are we doing, exactly?”

 

“Ah that’s right!” Jeonghan exclaims. “I forgot to tell him what we’re doing.”

 

“Basically, Jeonghan convinced us to put together a fun show for the festival before we graduate, a last memory of high school sort of thing,” Seokmin explains.

 

“It’s really convenient, too. Jihoon has already composed songs and Soonyoung has been dancing since he was four,” Jun adds with a smile.

 

Chan’s jaw drops in awe as his eyes shift from Jihoon to Soonyoung, “I never knew you guys were geniuses??”

 

Soonyoung smiles bashfully as Jihoon remains indifferent. “Thanks, kid.” the taller one says with toothy grin.

 

Jihoon clears his throat. “Anyways, back to the point….”

 

Like this, the conversation continued easily among the group with Seungkwan inserting hilariously sassy remarks among suggestions and even Minghao who is usually quiet breaks out of his shell. Jeonghan may have a bad taste in romantic interests, but Jisoo can’t help but admit he’s got a great taste in friends.

 

Hours later, the meeting ends, the group deciding on a line up of four songs. By then, Jisoo’s only half awake and Jeonghan has to physically pull him off the carpeted library floor.

 

“Seungkwan!” Jeonghan calls out as everyone shuffles out the door, mumbling tired goodbyes to each other. “Are you and Cheol coming home with us?”

 

Jisoo internally groans. He forgot they walked the same way. And as much as he enjoys Seungkwan’s presence and now that he doesn’t hate Seungcheol’s guts as much, all he wants is to spend one moment alone with his best friend.

 

Seungkwan seems to read his mind. “No, no,” he says, shaking his head. “Cheol and I will see Hansolie off first. You guys go ahead.”

 

Jisoo sighs in relief and looks over at Seungkwan in thanks. Seungkwan winks at him as he pushes them out of the school building and onto the sidewalk.

 

“What a day,” Jeonghan exclaims as they walk up the hill towards their neighborhood.

 

“Yeah,” Jisoo agrees. The two of them make easy, idle conversation until the topic of his mom comes up in discussion.

 

“Are you going to be okay? Being in the same house with her alone and all.” Jeonghan tilts his head in worry.

 

“I’ll be fine. Dad’s business trip ends in a few days anyways.”

 

Jeonghan sees right through his lie. “You don’t sound fine. It’s been a long time, Shua,” he says, calling him by his American name. “It’s okay to be a little nervous or upset.”

 

“Honestly? I’m ing terrified.”

 

Jeonghan links their arms together as Jisoo continues.

 

“I don’t want it to be just us two. It hasn’t been us two in more than five years, I’m not mentally ready for that.”

 

Jisoo stops walking forcing Jeonghan to stop with him. Jeonghan unhooks their arms and gathers Jisoo’s head to his chest, folding their bodies together in a familiar and comfortable hug. He lets out a breath.

 

“I don’t know what to do. Help me, Jeonghan. Please help me.”

 

Jeonghan rubs comforting circles on his back for a while before either of them says anything. To bystanders, they might look like a couple and Jisoo can’t help but blush at the idea.

 

“I’ll tell you what,” Jeonghan begins. “I’ll sleepover at your house today so you won’t be alone with your mom.”

 

Jisoo pushes Jeonghan back to look at his face, lighting up in excitement. “Really?”

 

“Only for today, though. That way, you can get accustomed to your mom’s presence without having to be alone with her. Besides, your mom’s met me plenty of times before she left; she loves me.”

 

Jisoo nods animatedly. “Only for today,” he agrees.

 

;;

 

“Mom?”

 

Jisoo opens his front door timidly and holds it open to let Jeonghan through. He hears footsteps thump on the second floor and down the stairs before his mother’s figure appears at the bottom of the stairwell directly across the living room.

 

Jisoo takes a gulp, the only thing calming his nerves are Jeonghan’s delicate fingers lingering on the small of his back.

 

Jisoo,” he hears his mom say-- same gentle, silky voice. “Welcome home.”

 

An awkward hello, hug, and a shower later, Jisoo finds himself on his bed, watching Jeonghan dry his hair with a towel in an oversized t-shirt that reveals an astonishing amount of skin, the collar dips so low that it reveals the expanse of Jeonghan’s neck and collarbone, his, unblemished pale skin. Jisoo his lips, eyes traveling down to his--

 

“What are you looking at?” Jeonghan asks, staring at him weirdly.

 

“Nothing!” Jisoo jerks his head in another direction, red cheeks blazing in blush. “Put on a smaller shirt for god’s sake, who even owns a shirt that big.”

 

“Jisoo, I found it in your closet.”

 

“Oh. Well then, go change into a smaller one.”

 

Jisoo lies flat on the bed, covering himself with the duvet as Jeonghan approaches the opposite side of the bed, tossing his towel on the arm chair, turning off the light on the way. He slides under the blanket and into the empty spot next to him. Jisoo turns to his side so that they’re facing each other.

 

“Didn’t I tell you to change?”

 

Jeonghan laughs and gives him a look. “I’m not changing, this shirt’s comfortable, I feel so free.”

 

A little too free, Jisoo thinks to himself, as he closes his eyes and prepares to sleep. A few minutes later, he opens his eyes again, sleeplessness stubborn in his system.

 

“Jeonghan” he whispers. Across the small empty space between them, he can make out his long eyelashes and delicate features, angelic even in the darkness.

 

Jeonghan’s eyes flutter open and he lazily smiles. “I knew you wouldn’t be able to sleep.”

 

“I can’t stop thinking about how awkward it would be between us once you leave. I’m actually considering just not coming home tomorrow.”

 

“Nuh uh, honey, you’re going to come back here and I’m going to make sure of it.”

 

Jisoo groans. “What am I even going to say to her tomorrow? How will I react? I have so many questions like why did she leave? Or, was I not good enough for her?”

 

Jeonghan sighs as he brings up a hand to run through Jisoo’s hair affectionately, brushing it to the side. “Stop being such a worry wart. It’ll all work out in the end, I know it will. Trust me.”

 

“But how do you know?”

 

“I’ve seen you guys interact. Be it five years ago or five minutes ago, I could tell you two love each other a lot. And when two people love each other, they’ll always find a way to work it out. And besides…”

 

In the moonlight, Jisoo has the perfect view of Jeonghan’s face : luminescent eyes, knowing smile, kind features. If Jisoo were to describe Jeonghan in that moment, it would be all the good, best, loveliest things in the world, molded into a synergy beautiful enough to transcend time and space itself.

 

“...there’s no one that I know capable of loving as much as you do.”



 

;;

 

Somewhere, approximately five minutes away, Wonwoo lies on his bed, wide awake.

 

“Where were you?” Jisoo whispers.

 

Jeonghan shrugs and smiles dreamily, “I said I was doing things.”

 

These so called ‘things’, Wonwoo knows has a name, and it goes by Minhyuk. He had caught a glimpse of Jeonghan and Minhyuk kissing through the window of the door moments before Jisoo bumped into him.

 

Wonwoo only saw a small snippet of the scene, but it had been enough. Minhyuk’s arm was placed on Jeonghan’s back, his other hand in his hair, Jeonghan had been kissing back just as passionately.

 

Now, Wonwoo doesn’t like Jeonghan-- at least not romantically. But then why does it hurt so bad?


[A/N] : "I think I'm going to update every month" ;; ahaha I joke. But I'm actually really sorry for disappearing for like 4 months and I wish I could post 4 chapters to make up for it but this is literally all I got. I also wish I had valid excuses to why I updated so late, but once again I come up empty handed. My reason for a late update can be summed up in three points: finals week, studying, and just plain laziness. 

Somethings to look forward to the future (may or may not be included in the next chapter): 

"Wonwoo catches Jeonghan's body just moments before it hit the ground. 'Someone call an ambulance!'" 

"'Pick up your goddamn phone,' Jisoo screeches as he looks at the rain outside and then back at his phone screen." 

Once again, I'm really sorry for the late update. Thanks to all who've given my story love and support despite my absence. I've finally reached over 100 subscribers; it might not seem like such a large number to a lot of you, but to me it means a lot. Special thanks to @cry_artemis for giving me an upvote, much love <3 

Last thanks to all who've commented/upvoted/subscribed <3