/1/

Beautiful ( as in world-changing, show-stopping beautiful)

“Jihoonie!” a soft voice chimed as the door opened softly with a thud. The chaos in the classroom suspended for a split second as the students turned their head towards the front of the classroom, where the owner of the voice stood awkwardly, before quickly commencing their own loud conversations.

 

A tiny boy near the back of the room, in the seat by the corner, poked his head out from behind the tall boy sitting in front of him. “What, Jeonghan?”

 

Jeonghan pouted as he sat in his usual seat, by the window with a nice panoramic view of the soccer field and basketball court. “Don’t you miss me?”

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes. “I saw you on Friday.”

 

“You know, the weekend is a very long time. I miss my cute little fluff ball.” Jeonghan reached over and ruffled his hair.

 

Jihoon’s cheeks heated up in embarrassment before swatting his hand away, “How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that? One more time, and I will murder you.” Jihoon laid his head on the desk and covered his face with his arms. “Don’t look at me.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled unfazed, as the tall boy in front of Jihoon turned around. “Jeonghan, I missed you.” He placed his hands over his heart and puckered his lips.

 

Immediately, Jihoon’s head shot up. “ off, Mingyu.”

 

“Hi, Mingyu,” Jeonghan sighed out breathlessly as the teacher walked into the classroom.

 

“Goodmorning class!” she chirped happily. “I hope you rested well this weekend. Let’s start attendance. Ahn Jae Hyun?”

 

“Here.”

 

“Ahn Young Mi?...”

 

Mingyu winked at him before turning to face the front of the classroom. From the corner of his eyes he saw Jihoon roll his eyes.

 

Why’s he always like this? Jihoon mouthed to him with a grimace.

 

Jeonghan smiled and shrugged, brushing it off as if it was a natural occurrence (which it was), and turned to face the window, watching the soccer team practice on the field. He quickly pointed out his best friend Jisoo, better known to the rest of the school as Joshua, his English name, dribbling the ball expertly. Thanks to some weird best friend telepathy, Jisoo looked up from where he was doing his drills and smiled, waving pretentiously in Jeonghan’s direction as Jeonghan gave a small wave back, stifling a laugh when the coach yelled at for not taking practice seriously---

 

“Jeonghan? Yoon Jeonghan?” the teacher repeated herself. “Are you here?”

 

Jeonghan flushed a slight shade of pink before raising his hand. “I’m here, miss. I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.”

 

The teacher smiled widely from where she stood in the room in forgiveness before continuing the role call. Beside him, Jihoon stared at him with a raised eyebrow and Mingyu noticeably grimaced, his lips curling in distaste.

 

;;

 

His last period before lunch ended with a flash and soon enough, Jeonghan had finished packing his bag and headed out the door. When he turned the corner, he ran into the boy in front of him, nearly toppling over but was caught by strong arms.

 

“Seungcheol?” Jeonghan asked, still unsteady from the sudden impact.

 

Seungcheol smiled sheepishly and released his grip from Jeonghan’s shoulders. “Hey, Jeonghan,” he rubbed the back of his neck.

 

Jeonghan stared back with wide eyes, confused, and tilted his head to the side. “Do you need something?”

“Hm?” Seungcheol himself looked confused for a second. “Oh yeah! Um, I was wondering if you’d like to get lunch with me at the bakery down the street.”

 

Jeonghan frowned. “I’d like to, I really would, but I need to go to the library to help Mr. Lin with the books. He specifically requested my help on Friday, and I’d feel awful if I ditched.”

 

Seungcheol nodded, awkwardly stepping backward from the rejection. Jeonghan instantly felt horrible. “But, hey, let’s have lunch together tomorrow, okay? Plus, I’ve been craving cake a lot lately, so going to the bakery would be good.”

 

Seungcheol’s mood did a complete 180 and smiled like a puppy in Jeonghan’s direction. “Really?” Jeonghan nodded. “It’s a promise, okay? Don’t forget!”

 

Jeonghan chuckled to himself as he watched Seungcheol jog happily away before turning and heading to the library.

 

The library was eerily quiet when he walked in. Mr. Lin nor any other students were seen, and to add to the effect, the light near the entrance was flickering. As he walked further inside, he started hearing prominent grunting noises and moans of pain.

 

“What? Are you going to beat me up because I won’t give you my lunch money?” A gruff, deep voice resonated from behind a bookshelf, tucked in the corner of the restricted section.

 

“You er!” a voice shouted back, followed by a painful grunt. Jeonghan ran towards the corner only to see two people hovering over another student who was on the floor. His face was bloody and he was gripping his stomach in pain.

 

“Excuse me,” Jeonghan said. The two other boys stopped. The one towards the left, who had a scruffy chin and crooked nose, sneered.

 

“What do we have here? Princess Yoon Jeonghan?” He said mockingly, turning his body away from the boy on the floor to face him fully.

 

Jeonghan stood indignantly and rolled his eyes, “I don’t know what happened but violence towards other students is prohibited in the school. I suggest you leave before I report you to the teacher.”

 

The scruffly chin student stepped towards him, his arm slowly raising, but the other boy to the right placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder.

 

“Hyung,” he whispered, “Stop, you shouldn’t fight with him.” The older student jerked his arm away from the other’s touch and growled, pushing hostily past Jeonghan’s shoulder before walking away, the other following close behind.

 

Immediately, Jeonghan sprang into action, running towards the back closet, where a small first aid kit was stashed. He placed it next to the bleeding’s boy and opened it hurriedly.

 

“Where does it hurt?” Jeonghan demanded, finally having a chance to study the bloody boy in front of him. He had dark black hair that covered his forehead and eyebrows, but framed his pointed face nicely, his face was nicely structured at the cheekbones, and his teeth (despite the blood) were nicely rowed.

 

The boy didn’t respond.

 

“Where does it hurt?” Jeonghan said again, more forcefully. When the boy didn’t respond again, he ripped open an alcohol pad and whipped his cut cheek. The black haired student hissed in pain.

 

“Ouch!” He pushed Jeonghan’s hand away.

 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes aggravatedly, and insistently patted his cut with the alcohol swab. “I asked you and you didn’t respond, so you just gotta deal with it until I fully disinfect your cut.”

 

The boy stopped struggling back and instead and sat there stone- still until Jeonghan had finished addressing the rest of his wounds.

 

“Better now?” Jeonghan asked as he cleaned up the supplies.

 

The boy grunted in reply.

 

“You know, I at least deserve a thank you,” Jeonghan said as he turned to leave, but not before hearing the boy whisper/yell a thank you. Jeonghan turned around, satisfied.

 

“You’re welcome,” he smiled brightly, putting his pearly white teeth on full display. “I’m Jeonghan by the way.”

 

“I know,” the boy smirked. “I’m Wonwoo.”


[A/N] This is just the introduction, I wanted you guys to get a sense of how the relationship dynamics are. I promise the next chapters will be less objective and omnicscent and (hopefully) longer. Just so you guys know,  I haven't really figured out who ends with who so Jeonghan could potentionally end up with anyone in this! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :))