Moving forward

Rush hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The exam season flew by with nothing new happening. The boys had made a silent agreement to pause the dare as they got buried in more notes. However, Jun still walked Yerin to school despite the girl's protests and Vernon walked Umji home even when the girl kept telling him it was fine. Jeonghan and Mingyu were too into their study notes and basketball practice to not bother with theirs. They just simply watched them from afar, studying them. At least Jeonghan found out Sinb liked webtoons and Mingyu...?He was too focused on basketball to really bother checking if the girl with the black ribbon in her hair was there. 

All thirteen boys were now gathered in an unused room that was meant to be used as a music room. They were scattered around the room, some were on the floor trying to nap, some sitting on chairs while looking dead as ever and some were sat next to the one piano in the room. Today was the last day of the exam season and they all had just completed a four hour exam. Some of the boys couldn't even pick up a pen anymore without their hands shaking.

"Okay, enough of this depressing mood-"

"I probably failed one of my papers..." and thus a choir of 'me too's echoed through out the class room.

"I'll buy chicken and pizza!" S.Coups exclaimed to shut everyone up. DK looked at the oldest and walked over to him with a big smile before saying "Me too~! We're paying today. Let's GO!" The older boy looked at the cheery boy before saying a small thank you as the crowd of boys left. It was then when the youngest of the group, Dino, tripped on the stairs and came crashing down. A group of girls stood at the foot of the stairs as they made sure that the fallen boy was okay before looking up at the rowdy bunch. 

"Be careful next time, this is the reason why they say to not run in the hall ways" The tallest said as the boys all made their way down. 

"Umm, yeah...we were getting chicken and pizza, do you guys want to come?" S.Coups came out of no where as he felt an opportunity rising. Sowon looked at the other five as they nodded eagerly at the request. And with that, the group of nineteen made their way to a near by park while S.Coups, DK and Sowon left to buy the food. S.Coups told Sowon it was fine and that she didn't have to buy anything but she refused and simply said that there was nineteen of them and she'd be the 'representive' from her group. 

Great. Is this how Yerin felt every morning? DK thought as he watched the two in front of him. The third wheel. 

As the afternoon came to an end, the group of teenagers watched the sun go down and voiced out their frustrations. Some screamed about the exams while the other listened laughed along at the ridiculous excuses they had to make as some of the neighbors scolded them. Four boys watched four girls as they laughed and leaned side to side each other.

Yerin was laughing like crazy with Sinb, Eunha was leaning against Umji who tiredly rubbed her eyes. Jun, Jeonghan, Mingyu and Vernon all watched, some not noticing the warm feeling that began to flatter in their chest.

"Hurry up, your parents are going to flip again!" Vernon called out as Umji came back putting the rubbish away. The girl nodded and fetched her bag, she wasn't feeling her best these days. She barely got enough sleep and the stress wasn't helping at all, at this moment all she wanted to do was crash in her bed and not wake up until noon the following day.

The boy watched her worriedly as she waddled her way to his side, her eyes droopy and dead. When she began to lean on him, he let out a sigh before taking his bag of and instructing her to get on his back. When she refused, he just shook his head and kept on persisting until she finally agreed. As she rested on his back, her eyes began to feel heavy and close. Hearing the soft snores, the boy smiled warmly before walking faster.

"You are unable to make this call due to having 0 number of minutes. Please ca-"

"Are you kidding me?!" Jun let out a frustrated sigh before putting his phone back into his pocket. Great, he was alone. Umji and Vernon had just left which meant he couldn't use anyone's phone. Feeling defeated he made his way to a near by phone booth, now his problem was if he had any coins. His hands fished around for any spare change he had that might have been sitting at the depths of his pocket. 

Once get found enough change, he quickly pressed on the number. He completely forgot to call his friend today, it was his birthday for goodness sakes! As he listened to the rings, he looked outside the phone box. It was already dark and the street lamps kept on flickering. It was lonely and empty. He felt a shiver run down his spine before his eyes landed on a girl. Both of them stared at each other in surprise before a voice coming from the other side of the phone snapped him out of it. 

As the phone call went on, his eyes occasionally looked at the girl who waited patiently for her turn. He felt bad so he made his phone call nice and quick before handing the phone to the girl. What a coincidence to see Yerin here he thought as he looked back when he watched away.

"Hey, Eunha right?" the small girl turned around and was greeted with a dazzling smile from non other than Kim Mingyu. She was rather confused but nodded her head and smiled as they stood side by side. The morning bus was especially packed today which lead to her being squished against two people. What bad luck she had, the one time she rode the bus was the one time it was full.

"That's me." She replied politely as returned a smile. The boy simply chuckled before speaking once again, "are you coming to the game on Friday?" Seeing the girl's eyes light up made him smirk.  

"Of course! I'll be cheering you guys on. It's in our gym right at 7?" her eyes were literally sparkling and he didn't want to admit it but it was pretty cute.

"Yup, on the dot. I guess I'll see you there then" Mingyu said as the bus stopped in front of a bus stop near the school. The two hopped out before chatting as they made their way inside. 

Jeonghan watched the odd couple walk into the school as he stood beside Joshua and Woozi. He had a bad feeling that he was coming last in their dare. Letting out a pout, the trio walked into the building where they made their way to their classes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter