3...2...1..GO!

Rush hour
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Come on Jun. You can do it. The poor boy spent the past 10 minutes outside the door of the Jung house. He was nervous, Yerin and him hadn't walked together in a while...and by a while, he meant years. As soon as he got her name, he already wanted to call it quits; but his pride got the best out of him. He knew that he wouldn't just waltz into her life again so easily. After all, the cracks that lead to their friendship collapsing affected both sides. They both hurt each other and broke it off willingly. 

He hadn't changed one bit since then, he still had too much pride. Too much pride to bother fixing up their friendship. And know look at where it got them.

Now here he stood, unsure whether he should keep on going with the dare or raise his white flag. But that would mean losing, and Wen Junhui never lost. He loved the feeling he got whenever he won something, the adrenaline running through his veins and the cheeky smirk or smile that he would show off. Who knew what those boys could order him around to do, he was determined. 

And as much as he hated to admit it, as much as it sat at the deepest part of his mind, as much as he refused to believe it, he was using this as an excuse to get closer to Yerin again. To make up for all the time they spent away from each other. 

Because the one time he did lose, it hurt him quite a bit. The lost of his childhood best friend affected him and even though he tried to burry it deep inside of him, the gaping hole in his chest still hurt him.

"Oh, Jun? I haven't see you in a while, how are you?" He was surprised when he was met with Mrs Jung who was heading to work.

"I've been fine, umm have you seen Yerin by any chance this morning?" He asked curiously as the woman in front of him studied him.

"She already left! About 10 minutes ago, you must've missed her." The older lady watched his face drop, a look of pity plastered on her face. She never knew what happened between the two children so it was a pleasant surprise to know that he was looking for her daughter. "She goes to walk with Yuju every morning, you might be able to catch her. She looked like a zombie this morning, doubt she's running." and with that she took off. 

Where the hell was Yuju's house?! Think! Where does DK always walk to?! He began to ran until he reached a cross road, right or left? He closed his eyes and thought of DK and himself walking, what way did he walk to?...Right! He quickly began to run again until he saw a familiar figure not so far away. He slowed down ad caught his breath before casually jogging towards her.

"Yerin!" he called out, he watched the girl freeze before turning around. A mixture of confusion and shock was very present in her face. He had to admit, she looked nice whenever she had her hair down and whenever her fringe was slightly out of order due to the wind. As he made his way beside her, he studied her features. She looked the same but yet different. Same eyes, nose and lips but some how...better? "Let's walk to school together"

"Wait don't you have your own friends to walk with?" she said as she continued walking. Why was walking with her? After all this time...

"Well I-"

"Oh, Yerin!and...Jun" Yuju said as she saw the pair walking towards them. 

"I'm be walking with you guys today since Yerin always looks like she's the third wheel, no offense by the way" The boy smiled, Yuju looked at DK as he shrugged then to Yerin whose eyes were wide.

"Um I don't think so-"

"Let's go" DK coughed out loudly and dragged his girlfriend along with him. 

And thus started the awkward silence featuring DK and Yuju trying to make a conversation between the four of them.

Bless the gods for only making them do one exam today. Mingyu made his way to gym where practice was being held. Even during the exam season, the basketball team still had to practice. They had a game which could determine if they would make it to the inter city competition straight after the exams, what a work load. The boy watched as some students began to walk home since the school only ran some revision classes. Most students rushed out as soon as they heard the bell ring while other stayed for club activities or to study.

"Mingyu hurry up, you're not on a runway." Hyungwon called out as he watched his team mate stride into the gym as if he was expecting cameras to be flashing. The taller boy only winked at him before getting changed into his comfortable clothes. As Mingyu made his way back to the court, his eyes found some juniors watching his team from the balcony. Most were girls trying to conceal their screams as he winked at them.

The team worked tirelessly before calling it a day since his some of his teammates needed to catch up on studying. He looked around the hall, there were still some people on the balcony but they had started minding their own business. His eyes found a small girl with short hair and a similar black bow in her hair. He watched her curiously as she looked down.

It was her. Eunha, right? He said goodbye to his teammate Leo who decided to stay behind and practice some more. Like a giddy kid on christmas, he made his way up the stairs and to the lonely girl that sat with some text books surrounding her. She held a pencil in one hand while she scratched her hand with the other. He watched her bite her lip before sitting beside her. Much to his disappointment, she didn't notice him.

"I don't mean to sound rude but shouldn't you be studying in a library" he said after a few moments of silence.

"No it's fine, I was just waiting for someone" she said as she didn't bother looking up. Mingyu was a bit taken aback, she didn't act like a typical fangirl...she didn't even recognized his voice! Slightly getting ann

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter