Her favour

Her Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: Her favour.

 

She knew the name sounds very familiar when she first heard it in the operation theatre. It was the name of her best friend from high school, whom she missed so much, whom she cared so much, whom she shared her world with. They were best friend from high school until Shinhye went abroad to pursue her study in medicine. Even though they lived across the world, far away from each other, they never lose contact. They exchanged handwritten letters every month to keep their friendship strong. Lee Gyu Won was Shinhye’s biggest supporter when she was abroad for 8 years.

 

 Lee Gyu Won was the sweet girl from her high school that showed her how to be strong when the world was being mean towards her, Lee Gyu Won taught her to cherish life as it is and Lee Gyu Won was the reason she decided to pursue in medicine and became a doctor. She wanted to end her suffering, to help her best friend to live a happy life.

 

And she did. She did saved her best friend’s life. She assisted Gyu Won’s bone marrow transplant surgery. But it’s Gyu Won’s fate to leave the world. Nothing can change the fate. Not even a thousand of miracles.

 

“Are you alright?” asked Woo Bin.

 

Shinhye wiped away those tiny drops of tears pooling in her eyes. “Yes. Thank you sunbaenim, for being with me today.”

 

“It’s okay. You’re here as her best friend today. I’m here as her doctor. Prof Kim and the staffs send their condolences to the family. So I need to inform the family too,” he said, looking handsome as ever in his black suit. “You sure you don’t want to take an off-day today?”

 

“No, it’s fine. It’s been only 3 days since I start working, I can’t ruined my reputation this fast,” she said, half joking.

 

“Wow, looks like someone is determine to take over my position as employee of the month,” he . She smiled slightly. After all, Woo Bin was not that awkward for her to be with anymore.

 

They entered the hallway and took off their shoes. Gyu Won’s photo from her wedding was hung at the centre of the room. She was smiling – brightly and beautiful. One could tell that was her happiest smile in her whole life. And someone was missing those bright smile. The smile that could light up his entire world.

 

Yonghwa stood next to the flowers, looking sad and sorrow. Next to him was Gyu Won’s parents and little brother. Her mother was crying in her father’s arms. Jungshin was shedding his tears too.

 

The two young doctors bowed to the deceased and to the family.

 

“Eommoni…” Shinhye greeted the elderly.

 

“Shinhye ah…” they embraced each other, just like how they met for the first time in the hospital on the day Gyu Won die. They cried in each other arms.

 

“I’m sorry eommoni. Forgive me,” Shinhye said, almost choking in her own tears.

 

“It’s okay Shinhye ah. It’s not your fault. It’s not your fault at all. It’s her time to go,” the elder comfort her. They remained in each other arms for few minutes.

 

“Abeoji,” Shinhye greeted Mr Lee, who was like a father to her. They hugged each other, sharing the sorrow together.

 

“Thank you, Shinhye ah,” he said, wiping her tears away. “You did well for Gyu Won.”

 

Shinhye nodded in tears. “Thank you abeoji.”

 

Jungshin wrapped his arms around Shinhye when she walked to him. “Shinhye noona…” he cried. “I couldn’t even met Gyu Won noona before she left. I’m such a bad dongsaeng.”

 

Shinhye comfort him with her words. Gyu Won’s family was like her own family since Shinhye was raised in an orphanage home. They were really closed with each other and everyone in the family welcome Shinhye as a part of the family.

 

“I’m sorry for your loss, Mr Jung. We are sorry for not being able to…” Woo Bin said to the sorrowful young man who sat at the corner.

 

“It’s okay, sseongsaenim. I know all of you had tried your best. Thank you for taking care of my wife,” said Yonghwa.

 

“It’s our pleasure, Mr Jung. Prof Kim and the staffs from Surgical Ward sent their condolences to you. Most of them couldn’t attend because of work. But they sincerely send their condolences to you and your family,” Woo Bin said as he bowed down to Yonghwa.

 

Yonghwa bowed down with him. “Thank you. Please enjoy your meal,” he said.

 

“Yonghwa ssi,” Shinhye approached him. She felt silly for not recognizing Yonghwa when she first met him. Although she didn’t get to attend Gyu Won’s wedding for being abroad, Gyu Won did send her a photo from their wedding, hence that’s why she thought Yonghwa’s face was familiar. “Can I talk with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter