1 | Jaebum

Sweet As Sugar (sour as lemon)

Jaebum glares at anyone who crosses his path, sighing in irritation as he makes his way down the much-too crowded hallways. Jackson's still talking his ear off (Jaebum stopped listening to him after Jackson mentioned his "hot night"), but now all Jaebum could make out were the excited squeals of his female schoolmates.

He was hoping that for once, he'll be able to have a nice day, but as usual, it's not a school day without some sort of annoyance.

He should he used to it since it's been like this for as long as Jaebum could remember. Jaebum's always been considered the "cool kid", even in elementary school, just because he was quiet, and recently (as Jackson put it) "chic and y". Whatever that meant.

Most of the people who seemed to "worship" him were girls, so its not like he even cared about this popularity in the first place. Yeah, it might seem like heaven on earth to some people, but constantly dealing with high-pitched squealing was something you got tired of pretty quickly. He wasn't even into girls anyway, so all it is is a nuisance.

Just as he thinks his day couldn't get any worse, right as he rounds the corner, something immediately crashes into his chest. Jaebum's knocked backwards a few steps from the force, but the guy who slammed into him lands right on his , his books scattering around his messily.

"Sorry," the guy squeaks, apologizing quickly as he scrambles to pick up his books.

Jaebum's jaw clenches with his barely-contained anger, and he's ready to shoot off a snappy remark but his words get caught in his throat when the guy blinks up at him with the prettiest pair of wide, brown eyes.

"Really, I'm sorry," the boy stands up and bows as Jaebum once his books are gathered back into his arms. "I didn't see you there," he giggles (ing giggles) and pushes his messy brown hair away from his face and Jaebum ing chokes.

"I-It's fine," he coughs to clear his throat, watching the way the brunet bounces on his heels impatiently. He's wearing a uniform sweater that looks a little too big on him (the sleeves hung over his hands so only the tips of his fingers were showing), but his pants fit him nicely, clinging to shapely legs - and is that eyeliner?

"E-excuse me," the boy stutters, looking at anywhere but Jaebum with red cheeks.

Jaebum almost flinches in embarrassment, heart beating oddly quick in his chest and trying to ignore the way Jackson snickers behind him. He didn't even realize he was staring. "Sorry," he mutters, moving out of the way and watching the brunet speed around him without so much as a "goodbye".

"Don't even," Jaebum growls, spinning on his heels and smacking Jackson on the shoulder when he continues to laugh, loudly, attracting the attention of anyone who wasn't already watching the commotion.

"Dude," Jackson chortles," You were totally checking him out!" He wraps an arm around Jaebum's shoulders, "You weren't even being sneaky about it-"

"I said shut up!" Jaebum storms away, feeling much more embarrassed than when his mom decided to talk to him about the "birds and the bees". Jesus, he almost groans, trying to will away the blush on his face. He's Im Jaebum. Im Jaebum doesn't blush.

By the time he actually makes it to his literature class, Jaebum's late (not that it matters at this point, at least he showed up) but his face doesn't look like a ing firetruck anymore, so that's a good thing. His teacher glares at him, no surprise there, but that's not why he pauses. 

The brunet from before is standing beside her, looking at Jaebum with a tilted head and a shy smile.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Im," his teacher scoffs, snapping Jaebum out of his reverie, "now how about you get to your seat so I can get back to what I was saying?"

The mystery boy laughs (read: giggles) and it takes everything in Jaebum to not blush, so he speeds his way towards his desk and scoffs. Whatever, he mutters under his breath and drops into his seat. Nothing can make his mortification worse, he thinks.

"As I was saying, before I was rudely interrupted," the teacher pauses to shoot Jaebum a dirty look, "This is Choi Youngjae. He's a transfer from Mokpo, and he's a year younger than you all, so be kind."

"My name is Youngjae, please take care of me!" The brunet bows as he speaks, his voice soft but confident. 

The first thing Jaebum thinks is; why is a sophomore in a junior class? But once Youngjae stand back up, he shoots the class a bright grin and all Jaebum can think is: why am I looking at the sun?