January 30, 10:27am

Filling In the Blanks [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Max told me not to post this until I've completed it but I don't listen :) Updates will be slow, sorry about that but I am trash.

 

 

[January 30, 10:27am]

 

 

Baekhyun woke with a groan.

His body felt stiff and sore, the blanket had ended up tangled around his feet, his pillow had slipped out from underneath his head and he was unlucky enough to be in prime position for a stray ray of sunlight to hit his face, burning the back of his closed eyelids. Baekhyun let out a frustrated groan and rolled onto his side, kicking the blanket until his feet were freed from the soft cage.

He felt something behind him shift on the bed, and then there was a strong arm slung across his waist that pulled him close to a hard-but-soft body. His clothed back was pressed against a firm torso, and Baekhyun relaxed into the embrace. He snuggled back into the warm body-

Wait...warm body?

He shot up in the bed, throwing the arm – and the rest of the body connected to it – off of him and the bed.

The body landed on the floor with a thud and a loud cry of surprise.

Baekhyun took a deep breath, pulled the blanket up to his chin and peered over the side of the bed. There was a tall – topless and really hot, not that Baekhyun would admit it at this moment – red-headed man on the floor of his hotel room. The man rubbed the elbow he must've landed on and looked up at Baekhyun with a pout.

“What was that for? I was just trying to cuddle you; you didn't have to push me out of the bed,” he said and then added in a whisper, “you looked really uncomfortable.”

Baekhyun's jaw dropped and he stared at the man incredulously. Who was this guy? Baekhyun couldn't remember a thing; did he really drink that much last night?

He was never like this. Byun Baekhyun was a responsible, respectable man. He always showed up to work at least ten minutes early, he kept his socks neatly folded in pairs, he had a daily schedule and he kept strictly to it. If it wasn't pencilled in exactly, is wasn't happening.

He never drank so irresponsibly like this and he especially never forgot chunks of time because of it. Most of the time he ended up dragging Kyungsoo and Jongin out of the club when the love-birds had too much to drink and were just about to get it on in the middle of the dance floor.

He was in Vegas with the aforementioned love-birds. They were getting married next week but any plans they had for a honeymoon had gone out the metaphorical window as Kyungsoo had just earned a promotion at work, meaning more office hours until he gets into the swing of things; Jongin had landed the lead part in a big dance performance so he would be putting in extra hours at the studio; and, well, Baekhyun was just there because he would be damned if he let his best friends go somewhere as cool as Las Vegas without him (not to mention how much trouble they'd get themselves into without him there to save their asses).

So, since their mothers had long ago taken over any and all preparation for the wedding itself, the fiancées (and their best friend) decided to spend the weekend in Vegas. One last bout of fun before the real world happened and all of their responsibilities kicked in.

“Who are you?” he asked, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. Waking up beside a half- man was most definitely not a part of his schedule.

“Park Chanyeol,” the man replied, his eyes were wide and the tips of his large Yoda ears were starting to match his hair colour. “Who are you?”

There was pause and then-

“YAH!” Baekhyun's ear-splitting scream pierced the silence. Chanyeol flinched and had to stop himself from blocking his ears – he imagined offending the short man any more wasn't in his best interest. “What do you mean who am I? You're in my bed! Shouldn't you know who I am? Do you always just go back to random men's hotel rooms, huh?”

“You asked me who I am first!” Chanyeol shot back, adding a small at least I had the decency to tell you under his breath. “And, I'll have you know, this is my hotel room. Do you always just go back to random men's hotel rooms?”

Baekhyun froze and glanced around him. The bedside table was a mess (nothing like his own that was neatly organised each morning and night); there was an opened suitcase in the corner, unfolded clothing spilling over the edges (unlike in Baekhyun's room, he unpacked his belongings into the provided tallboy like any other civilised human being); and from his position on the bed he could see through the open door into the bathroom, where there were complimentary shampoo and soap packets littered across the vanity (Baekhyun brought his own toiletries and kept them all in his cosmetic bag that came with his luggage set).

Baekhyun blanched and a small noise of alarm escaped his throat. This wasn't part of the plan! He looked at Chanyeol, who was finally getting up from the floor, and wanted to punch the smug look off of his face.

He took back that thought once Chanyeol was stood at full height. Chanyeol was at least a head taller than him and the smaller was man enough to admit he had about as much chance of punching Chanyeol in the face as he did reaching something off the top shelf at the shopping centre.

Baekhyun swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry and looked up at the other man.

“Byun Baekhyun,” he said, holding out a hand. If he wanted to get out of here soon he may as well wave a white flag.

Chanyeol shot him a hesitant look but shook his hand nonetheless. His grip was firm and his hand was so big that Baekhyun's tiny one was lost amongst the red-head's fingers. Chanyeol could probably crush most of the bones in his hand with just one squeeze, and with that thought in his mind, Baekhyun snatched his hand back.

“So...” Chanyeol said, stretching out the word awkwardly. “Are you planning to look for your own clothes at some point? Not that you don't look good in my shirt! You do! It's just, it's my favourite, that's all. You're welcome to keep it, though, if you want. That's fine, too.”

Baekhyun shot Chanyeol a look and the blushing man smiled sheepishly and ruffled his red locks.

“Yeah, I'm going to stop talking now.”

Baekhyun looked down at himself, taking in his own appearance for the first time that morning. As it turns out, the large black T-shirt he was wearing was most definitely not his. It was far too long for him, the hem falling down to his mid-thigh, and the neckline was too loose for his liking, showing off his collarbones more than he was comfortable with. He reached a hand up to his hair and cringed. His normally soft brown locks were sticking out in every-which-way direction, still held in place with the strong-hold hairspray Jongin had used to style his hair the previous night. It was highly likely that he had last night's eyeliner smudged down to his face, too. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

This was not his morning, that was for sure.

He moved to get out of the bed but stopped his movements immediately. His face flushed red and he looked up at the taller, clearing his throat and swallowing his pride.

“Um, would you mind finding my clothing for me? I think this T-shirt is the only thing I’m wearing.”

The look on Chanyeol's face was that akin to a deer in headlights.

“Oh. Uh, yeah, yes, I'll just...do that,” he stammered. Baekhyun couldn't help but find the look of pure shock on his face adorable.

Chanyeol sprung into action, pulling the room apart in an attempt to find Baekhyun's clothes – even going so far as to tip out his entire suitcase. Baekhyun watched on in horror at the utter disorganisation of that suitcase. In fact, tipping it all over the floor might've actually been an improvement.

“Ah-ha!” Chanyeol exclaimed, throwing his arm into the air. Clutched firmly in his grasp were a pair of shiny leather pants. They were covered in gold glitter and there was a small, white piece of paper poking out of one of the back pockets.

Baekhyun's jaw dropped.

“Those aren't mine!” He shouted, part offended that Chanyeol thought he would wear something like that, and part embarrassed because, well, for all he remembers he could've been wearing those. He wasn't sure which was the worse thought.

The giant looked at the pants with a small frown.

“Are you sure? They're the only clothes in the room that aren't mine.”

“Yes I'm sure!” he folded his arms across his chest and huffed. “I'd never wear those.”

Chanyeol looked at the pants, then over at Baekhyun and back at the pants once again.

“Pity,” he said, letting them drop to the floor. Baekhyun was glad Chanyeol wasn't paying enoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter