2014

Taeyong & I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

March 2014 – 18 years old

 

I became friends with my roommate from England; his name was Ben. Sure we weren’t able to communicate a lot but we did a lot of things together. He was studying history emphasis in World War II. Seoul University had a lot of events for first years so we always went to the events.

 

During one of the events they had the really popular girl group Gfriend perform and that was one of the best things I’d watched. They were so full of life and their music was really catchy. Ben and I were lucky enough to catch them after their performance and we got to take a picture with them.

 

Classes weren’t too difficult and I found myself really interested in everything I was taking. This was the first time I got to actually take classes pertaining to what I wanted to do in the future. Everyone in my classes seemed really smart and sometimes I felt like I was lacking but I still managed to keep good grades.

 

The whole time I kept myself busy so I wouldn’t be stuck missing Taeyong. At night I talked on the phone with him about everything that happened during the day. Taeyong was fitting in just perfectly at his school. He’d gotten to use the studio and had made a ton of new songs; my email was full of the songs that he sent me.

 

Taeyong also made a new friend at his school, a third year named Oh Sehun. I’d seen a few pictures of the two of them and Sehun looked like a model. He had a nice height, perfectly proportioned features, and quite a following on his social media accounts. I was always worried that Sehun would steal Taeyong away from me but Taeyong told Sehun about me which kept Sehun in the friend zone.

 

Now it was the middle of the spring semester and my mid terms were over so I had a little bit of free time before it was back to the books. Taeyong too had free time and I was finally getting to see him after our winter break.

 

I took the subway over to where his school was located, walking the rest of the way to his campus. I spotted Taeyong waiting by the front gates of his school. I broke out into a grin running up to him. Taeyong spotted me as he opened his arms. I scooped him up in my arms hugging him tightly. It felt so good to see him I didn’t want to let go.

 

“I missed you so much,” I said continuing to hug him. I leaned down pressing kisses across Taeyong’s face. Taeyong let out the most beautiful sounding laughter as he closed his eyes. He stood up on his tiptoes as we kissed. It felt good since we hadn’t kissed each other since winter break was over. My lips missed his as I savored the long awaited kiss from my boyfriend.

 

“I missed you too,” Taeyong said smiling at me. “Come on.” His hand found mine as he led me inside of his school. “Sehun wants to meet you.” I smiled following Taeyong around his campus until we got to the student union heading up to the second floor.

 

Oh Sehun looked even handsomer in person. Unlike the last picture I saw of him his hair was back to black. He was about my height so we both towered above Taeyong. Sehun didn’t seem to show a lot of emotion at first but the more I got to know him the more he opened up. I was growing to actually like him.

 

“So for dinner we decided to take you to Rubies,” Sehun said looking at me. “It’s like the signature eating spot at our school.” I nodded my head remembering when Taeyong told me about all the good food he ordered during his first week of school. Sehun had been the one to show him the spot and it had become a favorite for the two of them and majority of the school.

 

“What’s the best thing to order?” I asked as the three of us looked at the menus in front of us. There were so many choices to chose from it was hard for me to make up my mind. Taeyong looked at me after closing his menu.

 

“I really like the chicken and waffles,” Taeyong answered. “That’s what I’m going to get. Also the sweet cream strawberry and chocolate crepes are really good.” I nodded my head still not sure what to get. Taeyong laughed suggesting we order both and the two of us could share them.

 

Once we ordered, Sehun went on to tell us about some video shooting he was going to be doing. Someone at school was filming a music video for a project and had asked him to be the male actor in it. I thought it was cool that stuff like that happened here. Nothing that fun sounding ever happened in the astronomy or math departments at my school.

 

“You should totally think about modeling too Daewon,” Sehun said looking across the table at me. Taeyong looked at me as he held my hands in his lap. “You are a nice height and handsome. Taeyong was right when he said he had a hot boyfriend.”

 

I widened my eyes as Taeyong coughed a little as his face turned a bright red. Sehun laughed a little bit as he nodded his head. I continued to look at Taeyong as he fanned himself.

 

“Well,” Taeyong said looking down at the table. “I wanted to brag to at least one person that I had a handsome boyfriend like you.” He leaned his head against my chest as he looked up shooting a death glare at Sehun. “But he wasn’t supposed to tell you I said that.”

 

Sehun and Taeyong began a back and forth playful argument, as I got lost in my thoughts. I didn’t think I was I was model material, especially after seeing Sehun in person. He was the definition of a model but me? If it were a visuals competition he would win for sure. The only thing I had was my tall height.

 

“Think about it,” Sehun said. “I’m dad’s friends with a fashion designer in Seoul who’s always looking for new models. I could recommend you if you ever wanted to model for fun. You’d get paid of course and what college student doesn’t like getting money? I nodded my head; he had a point. Any college student would be stupid not to take a money opportunity if it was given to them.

 

Our conversation was stopped after the waitress came back with our plates of food. I looked at everything as my mouth instantly water. The smell was incredible and I didn’t waste anytime digging into the food.

 

I’d never had chicken and waffles before but the salty taste of the chicken matched well with the sweetness of the waffles. I was going to be making this once I got back to my apartment. I decided right there that I could live off of chicken and waffles. Taeyong was right in saying this was one of the best food items on the menu.

 

After eating we said goodbye to Sehun after him and I exchanged numbers. I walked with Taeyong back up to his room located in the first year dorms. He was lucky to have his own room, which meant more privacy for the two of us.

 

He opened the door to his bedroom as I took my shoes off before sitting down on his bed. Taeyong closed the door, placing his shoes next to mine before joining me on his bed. I wrapped my arms around him finding his lips. He threw his legs on top of me as we engaged in a stream of endless kisses.

 

“Did I already tell you how much I missed you Jung Daewon?” Taeyong asked looking at me. We both smiled at each other as I ran my fingers through his hair. He closed his eyes as he laid his head on my chest. “I love you.” And I loved him.

 

 

May 2014 – 18 years old

 

I ended up taking Sehun up on the modeling offer. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter