You Can Call Me Oppa

Attracted to Her

 

 

Whistle Like A Missile

    

Chapter 3 : Attracted to Her 

 You Can Call Me Oppa

 

 

I twirled my curled hair,  I had been waiting for this day.

 

Every single day, I checked to see if I had gotten any new mail; any new mail involving me with my dream. In a blink of an eye, my prayer had been answered. I was woken up on rainy Saturday. Well the odds had changed, and something was destined in the stars. Umma had told me not to worry, everything happens for a reason, and everything just seemed so surreal, the whole audition, I just knew that I wasn't going to make it. I had basically had given up my whole entire life, my childhood and along with being an ordinary kid.

And guess what happened? As soon as I torn the top of the envelope, I was engulfed with tears but a mixture of overwhelming happiness. I was officially a trainee in a big entertainment, YG Entertainment.

 

On the first day of being trainee, I was noted to bring my comfortable dancing clothes because as soon as I set foot into the building I would go straight into training. YG, wasn't wasting anytime, he wanted talent. If he choose you, he was expecting something out of you. His motto was, time is money, and wasting his time was a definite, no.

 

I slowly turned around, my mom had been waiting for me to go inside, I knew deep inside she didn't want me to go in by myself, "Jennie-popo~, your going to do great." My mom tucked in the brunette loose strand behind my ear.  My heart was pounding, this would be like my first day at school all over again. I fiddled with my pointing finger, biting my lip. "You are going to do just fine. I know that your father couldn't be here to root you on, but always have us in your heart at all times. Even when your feeling lonely, we are here. Your pursuing your dream, give it your all. Just know that your father and I are rooting for you and no matter what. " My mother tried to minimize her sentences, she didn't want to make me late for my first day.

 

But this would be her last, face to face contact with me, her youngest and last daughter. After this, she is going back to New Zealand, and my father is never home. Usually taking business trips to Europe. I closed my eyes, my heart was cushioned with nervousness and sadness. I could breakdown and cry right then in there, but that would only hurt my mother more. If anything, it would make her worry even more. I had to survive this and become who I wanted to become. 

 

"Make sure you eat every morning every night, never miss a meal. Call me whenever you are feeling blue." She leaned in forward to kiss my forehead, a delicate clasp of a tear dropped onto my cheek. I wasn't crying, I told myself I would cry. 

Looking up, my mother had been the one crying. Her hands tugging at my cheeks, "I'll be sure to call you everyday, text you day and night. And never miss a meal. Umma~, don't cry." I nagged, playfully smiling at her. My mother, with uneasiness, calmed down and smiled back.

"I love you." 

Those were her final words, as she carried the last of my baggage. Waving goodbye, before I knew it, everything was in slow motion, this was a next step to something becoming big. When I saw the car pull off, I knew that this was no longer a game, dreams really do come true, but you have to be willing to sacrifice. Running my hands through my hair, I hurriedly brought my baggage inside, before I could even try to pass the entrance, I could see many other trainees pulling up to venue. I guess I wasn't the only one new to this. I scanned my little ID with the scan bar. 

 

My breathe had hitched, dragging my fingertips across the elegant laced black and white textured walls. I followed each line, in a way, they were electrifying. The floors were marble, to the point where I could see my own reflection. Everything inside looked expensive, to the crystal chandeliers to the glassed cased shiny trophies and gold records on the walls. From Sechskies, Big Bang, to 2ne1, only legends were on that wall. And soon, I'd see in bold print, Jennie Kim. I didn't know if I could get use to this, everything was just a bit different but in a good way. 

I chewed on my bottom lip, til I felt a beating pulse. My eyes traveled to this slumped but tall humanoid figure against the wall. "Your not suppose to be in this building." It hummed in a deep voice, he panted, sweat was sprinkled on his face. He was bold showing snippets of chest, the aroma of sweat and fainted pine cologne lingered lightly to him. Who was he to say, 'im not suppose to be in this building', no manners. I just stood there, hiding the fact that I was a bit pissed, looking into his eyes, giving off a glare. I looked at the chandeliers, they were a better sight. 

"Im a trainee." I simply admitted, it rolled off my tongue. I was a trainee, a bit embarrassed and intimidated. My voice sounded softer and a bit quiet than usual. I couldn't help it, my eyes flickered to his.

 

"Ah." That was all that he said sounding very uninterested, no enthusiasm whatsoever in his tone of voice. He picked up a water bottle set beside his Nike sneakers, and gulped down until it was no more. His adams apple, bounced like as if it was commanded so, and his shirt was damped from sweat. I felt myself very jittery. So he's that type of guy,"Meeting starts at-"

 

I cut him off, it was obvious that he knew he was attractive. Every time he'd glance me up and down and huff out of air, gesturing that he was judging me. Who was he to judge, snobby little boy.  He aura radiated that he was very cool, but his first impression was rubbing on me the wrong way.  I acted uninterested but at the same time, you have to play cat and mouse. I ran my hand through my hair flicking over my shoulder effortlessly, "Yeah I know, and I'll be there." My voice smooth, and silky. And, I caught a glimpse of his eyebrow twitch as if he was thinking about something. 

 

"Don't be late, wouldn't want to see a rookie like you go so soon." He smirks, I didn't know if he was joking or was serious.

 

My eyes flickered to his little smile, and up to masculine nose structure to his clear brown eyes. Rising my eyebrows, slit cat like eyes, "Oh really? Trust me you'll be seeing my rookie face around here for quite a time. So, don't worry, you won't have to miss seeing me." I sassed, he seemed a bit uneasy, his big ego dropped in quick flash.  Biting my lip a bit from smirking, "See you out there." I said in delicate tone of voice, but my eyes shone a different side of me, competitiveness. This could either break me or make me into a completely different person, becoming an idol comes with a price. The sweat, tears and hunger for fame and fortune. This is all ever I dreamed of.

 

Ignoring his existence, my sweeping feet turned to the right direction, where a sign, '5th Floor Girls Dorm' shown in bright pink, a nervous smile wavered to my lips. This was it, I tucked a my hair behind my ear, it was a habit,  grasping tightly onto my luggage. Before I could take a step forward, a hand clamped onto my wrist. A quick but tight grasp as if I'd been on a drama off of tv.

 

At snail pace my eyes elevated to his, and my lips slightly parted. Deep, and dark, he was staring at me intensely, directly in my eyes. His eyes were a warm brown but somehow so cold. "You never told me your name." Letting go of my wrist, his intention wasn't to leave a bruise or even hurt me. This time the eye contact broke, and directed to his untied shoe. He bends down, and began to lace his shoe.

 

He huffed and just shined his boyish smile, "It's alright, Jen-nie-ah." I squinted my eyes, how the hell did he know my name? Shivers traveled to my upper chest to my cheeks, leaving goosebumps on my arms. And, embarrassing enough, I was on verge of just shutting completely down and just shut down on my coolness. Imagine a tall, muscular but slim guy, sweaty but in a good way against the wall, staring directly at you. He's very confident, knows he's attractive, and sees your having a panic attack just by looking at him. I could barely look him in the eyes. Breaking the silence, he caught me staring at him, and arched an eyebrow, he dragged his fingertips onto my luggage. "Jen-nie-ah~. That's your name, very cute." He lets out this kind of husky but contagious laugh. 

 

my lips, gulping, cute? Very swooning, isn't he. My eyebrows knitted. I didn't say anything but just played of being disinterested once more. A bite on the lips, then he said, "See you in there, Jennie-ah." Saluting me with a quick boyish smile, while flashing his pearly white teeth. He turned around, and all I did was stand there.

 

Closing my eyes, how embarrassing, I should've said something, if anything got the last word. If anything asked him for his name, as he teased mine.  my teeth, grabbing onto my elastic band and put my hair in a quick ponytail until I was interrupted by what sounded like sneakers screeching on the floor payment.  

 

"Oh manners, I forgot my name is Hanbin." Hanbin? I don't know why he was teasing me with my name, while his name is Hanbin- "But you can call me, oppa." Catching me off guard, as the 'oppa' rolled off his tongue, I couldn't bite back the little giggle. He was really teasing me. Rolling my eyes, hiding the fact that it sounded as if he did aeygo.