The Second One

The Destination

He caught her eye, him with his green hair parted in the middle. It was such an ugly haircut on anyone else but him.

She was a fan of him and his songs, but mostly him in general, he carried himself with so much charisma and charm. She'd always wanted to meet him, she'd thought their personalities would match. He was a player, for sure, but she wasn't someone easily played. She used to be a Heartttttbreakerrrr (imagine GD singing this lolol), but she stopped playing around. She needed to be selfish, to focus all her time on herself because she believed she was such a messed up individual. Whether or not that's true she didn't know because how do you even get an answer to that question?

She definitely didn't want to get into a time wasting fling of a relationship with GD. But.... on the otherhand, it's GD. She turned her head so she could see him from the corner of her eye without making it hot. She was good at being a creep. She could tell he was looking at her. She was having an inner conflict, ahh screw it, I got time, she thought as she turned her head and "accidentally" locked eyes with him. She pretended to be surprised and looked down with a shy smile on her lips. He softly chuckled, covering his mouth with his hand, in his signature way.

"I don't think I introduced myself," GD said looking at Dara, "I'm Jiyong." He leaned across the table and reached out his hand, pushing Seungri who was sitting to his right talking to Bom and another business partner involved with the transaction. Seungri looked over at Jiyong with a little annoyance but Jiyong never lifted his eyes off of Dara.

"Hi Jiyong. I'm Dara, I'm a fan" she said, smiling softly, as she shook his hand. 

"Wow, you know me?" GD asked, surprised, "I'm flattered."

"You're surprised? I think every asian person on this planet knows you."

"You'd be surprised," he said, and then looked into her eyes and added "but it doesn't matter now." He looked down, embarrassed.

Dara cringed a little inside but just smiled at him and said, "Let's drink."

________________________

They talked together for a while, discussing their hobbies and mutual interests in music and fashion. From the outside, Dara seemed like a very quiet, naive girl, but GD realized that she was tough in her own way, with strong set beliefs and interests that she didn't hide or deny. She was very much her own person, someone who wouldn't let another person dictacte what she should do. These were things that GD hardly ever saw especially in someone that he just met because most people molded themselves into a person he'd like. Yeah, it's pretty awesome sometimes, but it gets old after a while. She was literally a breath of fresh air.

She taught GD the word 'basic' and told him that she had always been a fan of him because she liked how he didn't follow set guidelines for music, or fashion, or how to talk or how to carry himself.

"I think that's really cool, that you're just yourself and that's that. I know it's especially hard in Korea where the media is on top of you 24/7 and antagonizes almost everything yet you're still doing you," Dara sincerely said, beaming at GD.

He didn't say anything, just looked at her for a minute with a big grin on his face.

"Hyung, wheres the bathroom?" Daesung asked GD.

"Do I look like I work here? I don't know," GD said dismissively.

"You went just before we sat down!"

"Oh right, right, okay, haha sorry," GD said apologetically, "I rememeber where it is, I'll come I drank a little too much beer. I'll be right back," GD said to Dara.

Dara nodded.

"Who are you, hyung?" Daesung asked while he and GD were washing their hands in the restroom.

"What do you mean?" Jiyong asked, fixing his hair in the mirror.

"'it doesn't matter now'" Daesung mocked him. GD rolled his eyes at him through the mirror. "Hyung, I'm embarrassed for you."

"This is why you haven't had a girlfriend in years, Daesung. Have I ever messed up? Wait don't say anything." GD put his finger up in the air as Daesung was opening his mouth to speak. "I mean, messed up flirting. Not relationship."

"Yeah, yeah. I thought you didn't want a relationship right now though. We're going to start promoting MADE soon."

GD just shrugged.