The First One

The Destination

 

"What took you so long?" Bom asked as soon as Dara was in earshot.

"You literally got here 5 minutes before me, Bom." 

"You still gotta catch up though!" Bom poured Dara a shot of Patron... in a highball glass.

'You're freaking crazy," Dara said but she downed the glass while grabbing a slice of lime.

'Yah, did you hear that Big Bang is in the city?"

Dara sat down and scooted into the shiny black leather sofa next to Bom, 'Oh really? That's cool.." my face feels red already. Hm or is it just the whiplash from that freaking blizzard outside? she thought to herself.

"AHHHH DARA!! YOU MADE IT! WHERE WERE YOU?!?! I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T COMING TONIGHT!! DID YOU DRINK YET??" Victoria literally screamed as she ran to hug Dara.

Dara hugged her and kissed her cheek affectionately and watched Victoria dance her way back to Changmin. She asked Bom, "What's up with her?"

"I told you," Bom said, rolling her eyes, "you need to catch up" she added as she poured Dara another drink.

Dara took the drink and scanned the club. She and Bom were at a table on the second floor balcony, overlooking the major dance floor below. The entire venue was dim, lit occasionaly by flashing lights and full of bodies swaying and dancing against one another. Dara noticed a whole lot of frowny faces on the first floor in front of the U-shaped bar, waiting for a bartender to notice them so they could order their vodka cranberries or rum and cokes.

"I..." Bom started to say as she took another shot and then wiped with the back of her hand, "am going to go for Taeyang."

"Like I said, you are freaking crazy," Dara said as she raised her finger to get the attention of one of the servers attending to the bottle service tables.

"Hi Dara-sshi! Long time no see! What can I help you with?" The server, Joon, asked.

"What are you talking about, Joon, I saw you just last week," Dara raised an eyebrow and smiled at him.

"Right, right, that's too long!" Joon was very, very sweet, and very good at his job-- getting tips. He was a good looking kid, smart and senseful on top of that. It was too bad Dara didn't know any girls for him. None of her friends were the type who would be down to date someone who works at a club, especially the most popular club at the moment. It's not that her friends were snobby, but Dara firmly believed that everyone has specific boundaries and their places, and that doesn't necessarily mean wealth or status but it is one component. On another note, she also believes that those who are healthy and blessed emotionally tend to mingle or get into relationships with others who are similar. I mean, who in their right mind would want to be with someone who wasn't in their right mind, right? she thought to herself, sadly. 

Dara just laughed softly, "Can you get me a Jameson and ginger ale with--"

"A splash of lemon?" Joon finished for her and winked.

"You know me so well."

As Joon left, Hana continued, "I'm serious. They're definitely going to come here. You know my oppa is now business partners with Seungri right?" Bom flipped her hair for effect, "My oppa told me he reccommended Seungri to come here while he's in New York, since it opened recently, well a few months ago but still. And I always rave about this place and my oppa told them, my sister is like a princess and has exceptional taste in everything."

Dara rolled her eyes said, "Your brother did not say that last part," earning a glare from Bom.

"Fine. He said I'm like a socialite, and I have good taste in nightlife, whatever, same thing." Bom pouted.

Dara believed most guys, especially korean guys, liked the quiet, innocent, wifey-material girls. Girls that don't curse, girls that don't smoke, girls that don't drink. Dara did all of those things. Oops. She didn't care though, her life was hers to live for herself. Not hers to live for someone else, especially a guy, especially a guy she doesn't know but is 'crushing on'. She hated it when girls change themselves for someone who, obviously doesn't care enough or like them enough to merit the change because otherwise they wouldn't be changing themselves!! Secretly, though, deep, deep, deep down somewhere she wished one day she'd understand that feeling.. again.

"Forget it, I doubt Taeyang's type is a 'socialite with exceptional taste in night life'" Dara said, putting up air quotes for the last part. 

While Bom was spouting a string of curses at Dara, Joon came back with Dara's drink in one hand and a bottle of Dom Perignon in the other.

"Oh Joon, we're not celebrating anything tonight," Dara said as she took the drink Joon handed her.

"This is actually from Park Bom-sshi's brother, he had to leave but he asked if Bom-sshi would spend some time with his business partners and to introduce yourself as his sister and part shareholder. Also, he stressed this part very, very clearly: to please, please stick to just Dom tonight so you don't embarrass him." Joon said to Bom, very carefully. 

"Too late," Bom said, beaming at Joon, "I already had half this bottle of tequila and I'm ready to part-ayyyyy" she grinned mischeviously as she grabbed the bottle of Dom from Joon and asked him to lead the way to the 'business partners'.

______________

She had wavy soft brown hair that flowed down to her chest and laying on top of that was a bright red hat, but the hat didn't draw focus away from her beautiful brown eyes or the soft smile her pink lips carried. She was beautiful. GD looked at TOP who turned to him at the exact same time.

"Dibs," they said at the same time.

"I'm hyung," TOP said.

"You ALWAYS say that. You can't use that every single time."

TOP pouted, "Fine, then... because I'm sad. I haven't been in relationship or felt butterflies in my stomach for so long, Jiyong-ahhhh."

"You were literally just talking to another girl 20 minutes ago," GD said in deadpan.

"Huh? Oh t-that? I thought it was Daesungie."

"How is that possible? You were talking to her for like 15 minutes"

"I know, it's too dark in here that's why," TOP complained. "Can we get the lights on or something? What happens later?? With this lighting and beer goggles?? Doesn't anyone ever complain? I would imagine many of people here wake up the next day and look at the person next to them in shock."

GD couldn't help but laugh at his cute hyung, but straightened out when he saw her fast approaching from his peripheral vision. 

To be honest, GD had more fun and put more effort into getting girls when there was competition. He liked winning. Seunghyun is tough competition, but he was up for a challenge. It's been a while since he's had some fun and he was ready.

"Alright," GD smirked, "let's see what happens then."

_________________