The Theft

A mysterious ring

Jonghyun stared at his cauldron. His potion teacher was currently explaining what kind of potion they were supposed to brew during this class but he could not care less. He had no intention to create a good potion anyway, at some point of this class, it was going to explode. Not that he was proud or impatient to do it but he had to. After Jinki had discovered the potion and since it was the only good solution they had, they checked the ingredients needed. They almost had everything with them, since it was basic stuffs that they had to use during their classes – Kibum, especially, had barely never used his – but there were some components of the recipe that they had never seen in class. So Jonghyun had had the brillant idea to simply stole those necessary ingredients directly in the personal closet of their teacher. He could remember how Kibum's face turned even paler than he already was when he suggested it but, since he had no better idea and that Jinki was approving this one – “easy for you you won't be there to do it!” Kibum had commented angrily.-, he accepted. After that, they agreed on the best way to leave the room without it being too suspicious. That was how the Slytherin had the idea to blow up one of their potion. They argued for a while about who should blow up his potion, the idea was to pretend to have to go to the nurse so they could both leave the class but Jonghyun had seen potions exploding and it had never been a pleasant thing, sometimes students were getting their skin burned when the potion touched them, or enormous boils had appeared, and the Gryffondor wanted neither of it, or anything worse. He knew Kibum was feeling the same way because he had suddenly found a deep interest in stealing the ingredients and the he was so stubborn, Jonghyun had to surrender and Jinki had explained him which kind of combination would make his potion explode. The young man took a look at the ingredients beside his cauldron, trying to remember precisely what the Ravenclaw had told him. He was a bit anxious. Not about the stealing part but about the potion. His plan was to try as much as possible to stay away from the cauldron when he would make it explode so the liquid won't touch him, or at least not too much. He raised his head and saw that Kibum, who was sitting next to him, was not feeling better than he was. His friend was bitting his nails nervously while pretending to listen to the instructions their teacher was currently giving. He could not hide a smile when he thought about how he had the day before because he was anxious about the plan and how he was acting sure of himself, Jonghyun noted in his mind that he would a bit when it would all be over. But for now, he gave him a reassuring smile that seemed to work and the Slytherin put down his hands on the table.

After what seemed to be an eternity for Jonghyun, the teacher eventually ended telling his instructions and had asked them to open their books. He sat down as the students were slowly putting out of their bags what was needed. For about fifteen minutes, the Gryffindor pretented to be focusing on the ingredients he was mixing in his cauldron, in fact he was putting them randomly and he would have not be surprised if the potion was exploding without him even trying to. Nervously, he was looking at Kibum, who was supposed to give him a sign when he was feeling like it was the time, and not at the liquid inside his cauldron. Finally, he saw the Slytherin closing his book and he knew it was the moment. Taking a deep breathe, he picked the right ingredients, according to Jinki, and innocently put them in the potion. It took less than a second for the potion to explode and he did not even had the time to avoid it. A burning smell immediately filled the room and he felt a pain on his face. He bit his lips to not scream but could not hold tears in his eyes. Kibum reacted directly, following the plan, he told the teacher that he had to help him go to the hospital wing and, a bit confused, the teacher agreed and they both left the class.

“Are you okay?” the Slytherin asked when they get to the corridor.

Jonghyun nodded and explained to his friend that, for what he was feeling, his face had only been a bit burnt by the explosion.

“At least your skin isn't melting.”

“I guess it's a good thing, yes.”

An awkward silence took place between them. Kibum was staring at his face, a worried look on his, which was making the Gryffindor a bit uncomfortable, feeling that his cheek were becoming too hot and not because of the burning traces.

“You have to go, I can take myself to the hospital wing alone.”

“Are you sure you're fine?”

“Yes, don't worry and don't forget to steal the right things.”

Kibum smiled, nodded and then turned around to get to their teacher's office while Jonghyun was getting to the nurse, quickly.

*

“Did you get everything?” Jinki whispered as they were walking on the castle.

Kibum nodded, searched for a moment into his pockets and then took out the ingredients he had stolen during the potion class. Jinki took a quick look at it and then hide it on his robe.

“Aren't you checking it?”

“I trust you.”

Jonghyun, who was walking beside Kibum added :

“I burnt my face for it, I hope he got everything.”

The Slytherin looked at him quickly. The burning traces were all almost gone, except one, that the nurse had called “a bit more persisent than the others but not serious”, according to Jonghyun had told him when Kibum had came to see him in the hospital right after the potion class. After promising to put again some cream on his face before sleeping, the nurse let him go and he had said he was not feeling any pain.

“You're still looking great, don't worry.” he distraclty said before getting back his attention on Jinki.

Once again Jonghyun felt like his cheek were too hot.

“So what do we do, now?” Kibum said.

"We need to find a place where we can brew this potion without being caught or disturb.”

“An empty classroom?” Jonghyun hasardly proposed.

“Too risky, what if a teacher or a student needs this room for any kind of reason and...” they passed right beside a group of Hufflepuff so Jinki stopped, “...find the potion right in the middle of it, it's not possible, we need somewhere where no one ever comes.”

“The Shrieking Shack maybe? And why would you need a place like that?” a voice said from nowhere.

They all jumped in surpise as Minho was now standing next to them, a light smile on his lips. The three others shared looks, embarrassed.

“I won't tell anyone, maybe I can help you, I already did.”

“Well, I ended up finding the solution.” Jinki reminded.

“Sorry, Quidditch trainings take me a lot of time.” told the Hufflepuff like it explained everything, and if Jonghyun winked at him, Jinki and Kibum both had a discret sigh.

“Anyway” Kibum said quickly before the two Quidditch players start talking about strategy, “we're looking for a place to brew the potion. The Shrieking Shack is impossible, how could we cross the park every time without it being noticed?”

“I might know somewhere. But the best is for me to show it to you.” Jonghyun whispered, “but not now, let's meet tonight at ten, in the seventh-floor.”

Intrigued, his three friends tried for a few moment to took out something else from the Gryffindor but he said nothing more so they gave up and explained to Minho what was supposed to do the potion.

“Isn't it a bit more simple to just send the both of them to the nurse? This might be dangerous.” Minho asked in a little voice, when Jinki ended his explanation.

And before Jonghyun or Kibum could answer, Jinki said joyfully with a little smile on his face, “Probably but it would be less funy, won't it?”


Hi!

Oh I just realised I got tired of writing the numbers in full letters for the titles (can we call this titles?) haha well, it's been exactly a month since the last update so I'm kinda happy I manage to end it today (a month and a day exactly since it's past midnight where I am but nevermind). I hope you'll like this chapter!!! I think I already said this but I feel like things are moving slow... I hope you don't mind and that it's still interesting to you ! Have a good night/day and see you soon, thank you for comments, votes and subscribes everything I'm VERY VERY GRATEFUL I LOVE YOU SO MUCH 
as usual i apologise for any kind of english mistakes, i try my best :)