The Quidditch Field

A mysterious ring

Hello !!! Did you forget about me? Well I guess and I forgive you for that haha So it's been almost four months without any updates (hm like a french slang says better late than never) but here it is finally! Hope you'll enjoy it and sorry <3


Kibum started to walk, the toad in his hands, naturally heading to the library. Jinki was always there so it seemed logical for him but as soon as he took a step, the toad jumped out of his hands and croaked.

 

“What are you doing??”

 

The toad looked at him for a second and then jumped on the other direction.

 

“The library is not that way!!” he yelled seeing the toad leaving.

 

It continued to jump away. Kibum sighed.

 

“What is wrong with this animal, come back here!”

 

Understanding that he did not had any other choice, he followed him. His finger was hurting him. And the more he was walking, the more painful it was. He was completely confused, he had understood that the toad was guiding him, sometimes stopping and looking at me to be sure he was there, probably to Jinki, but, still, he could not understand where he was going and why the pain was growing that much. The pain was similar of that day he ended up in front of the Gryffindor's dorm. But he was definitely not going there, actually, the toad was leading outside, in the Quidditch field. Which was making even less sense. No one was there, it was still pretty early, especially for a Sunday morning, and everyone was probably eating their breakfast, something his stomach wished he would have done.

 

“Why are we here?” he mumbled to himself.

 

The toad croaked.

 

“Is Jinki there?”

 

Another croak. He looked around. After a moment, he saw soemone sitting alone on the bleachers and he immediately recognoized Jinki. The toad jumped on his feet, he took it on his hands, if it was human, Kibum was sure, he would have been smiling. The animal with him, he came closer to his friend.

 

“What are you doing here Lee Jinki?”

 

Hearing his voice, he closed the book he was reading, and raised his head.

 

“Kibum ! I see you were guided well.”

 

The toad jumped from the Slytherin's hand to the other one's laps.

 

“Yes I was.” he answered as he sat next to him “So, what are you doing here?”

 

“You will see.”

 

Kibum frowned.

 

“Dd you suddenly discover a new passion for Quidditch?” he asked.

 

Jinki slighty laughed but said “no” with his head.

 

“So? I thought you had found something about the ring.”

 

“I did.” he simply answered before adding, pointing his finger “Does it hurt?”

 

“It kinda always do but right now a lot.”

 

“That's what I thought.” he mumbled almost for himself.

 

Kibum waited for more but the Ravenclaw kept silent. The Slytherin was slowly starting to loose his patience. It was really early and he did not took the time to eat his breakfast, he immediately ran to see Jinki because he thought he had found something but right now his stomach was really winning over anything else. Plus the pain on his finger was so constant right now that he could not forget about it.

 

“Just tell me already I...”

 

“Here, look.” he interrupted him.

 

Kibum looked at the field. A group of person was coming. After a close look, he recognized the gold and red outfits of Gryffondor's Quidditch team. It did not took him too long to see Kim Jonghyun among them all, and, he was sure of it, he saw him too. And suddenly, the pain stopped.

 

“Something happened, right??” Jinki asked, excited.

 

“What?”

 

“When you saw him.”

 

The Slytherin felt his heart flutter. Was is that obvious that he was finding the Quidditch player very attractive?

 

“With the ring, the pain, what happened?” his friend added.

 

He could not hold a sigh of relieved.

 

“Oh, yes, I don't feel the pain anymore.”

 

This time, a little smile appeared on Jinki's face. A victorious smile.

 

“So I was right.”

 

Once again he added nothing else and just kept on smiling.

 

“Are you kidding me? Won't you stop for a minute and just explain me clearly what you are thinking, I ain't got the time to use occlumancy on you!”

 

“Can you really do that?!”

 

Kibum sighed deeply and pretended to reach his wand with his right hand.

 

“I was just joking!” Jinki quickly added and he waited for his friend to stay away from his wand to continue “I'm gonna explain everything. It took me time to find something about your problem but then I remembered a book I read like maybe during my second or third year.”

 

He tapped on the book that was still on his thighs. The book looked very old, very thick, probably heavy too, and totally the type of book that would make him bored as soon as he would have open it. The Slytherin hesitated to express how weird it was for a twelve, maybe thirteen, years old young boy to read those kind of huge books, but he said nothing, after all it was Jinki.

 

“There was a small text about a some kind of curse.”

 

He stopped, opened the book and quickly turned the pages, Kibum quietly watched him. He eventually found the right page and turned the book so his friend could see and pointed the section.

 

“So, apparently, it says that there is a spell which can bewitched two objects so that they will do anything to be reunited.”

 

“Like a magnet?”

 

“Yeah, I guess we can say that.” he answered after a moment “What I think is that, the ring you have is trying to lead you to the object it is linked to by this spell.”

 

“It makes sense.”

 

Jinki closed the book, but there was something that was still bothering Kibum.

 

“But why did you wanted me to come here to tell me all this?”

 

The Ravenclaw did not answer and was just staring at something on the Quidditch field. He followed his look and ended up watching Gryffindor's chaser, who was now flying.

 

“The other object, it is with him.”

 

“What?!”

 

“When you told me that you ended up in front of his common room I could not take it off my mind, it was way too weird to be a coincidence. So I did a bit of digging and that guy, Kim Jonghyun, he has a ring, just like yours.”

 

“Maybe just another coincidence...” he tried to say but Jinki was not listening to him at all.

 

“It was a bit hard, that is why it took me a week before telling you, but I finally caught him going to the nurse, don't ask me how, and I heard him talking about the same kind of pain that you are feeling.” he ended his speech with a little smile on his lips leaving Kibum totally stunned.

 

They stayed a minute silent. The Slytherin proceeding to take in everything he just heard and his friend quietly watching the training that was happening in front of them.

“If it is right, and that my ring is trying to connect or “find”, like you said, that guy's ring, what should I do?” he finally asked.

Suddenly, Jinki stopped smiling and frowned.

“Unfortunately the book says nothing about how to break the curse and I even searched in the Restricted Section.”

“So, what? I am supposed to go and talk to him now maybe? Tell him that there is a curse on the rings we both have so we have to stay together twenty four seven so that it won't hurt anymore until we find a way to break it?”

 

The Ravenclaw seemed to think and stayed quiet.

 

“Hey! Don't think about this! It was just a joke I am not going to do that!!!”