Reanimation

Hide and Seek

*Just a quick warning that there will be a mention of torture! Nothing too bad though, promise! That's why it's not rated M!


Yoongi dragged her limp body to the back garden and unceremoniously dropped it at the foot of an old oak. Yoongi tapped the tree thrice with his icy fist. "Get up sunshine." He announced in monotone.

Despite the lack of a breeze, the trees leaves began to rustle and a tired voice called out. "Yeah, yeah... I'm coming you old grump." Yoongi remained silent at the jab and watched Hoseok swing from the lowest branch to the ground. He ruffled his hair before looking down at the body that lay twisted at his tree.

"What a mess..." He mumbled. He knelt beside Heidi's body, pity in his eyes. "She definitely didn't go out peacefully. Poor thing." He carefully rolled her over, raising his eyebrows at the large snakebite in her neck. "Was this your doing?" He glanced up at Yoongi who shrugged dismissively.

"How else was I supposed to stop the demon?"

"Ah, that explains it... he finally got his demon?" Yoongi nodded in response to Hoseok's question. "Well," Hoseok ran a hand over the bite, "You pack quite the punch. She's paralyzed from the neck down." 

"Just fix the damn girl Hosoek." Yoongi snapped.

Hoseok laughed, used to Yoongi's anger at this point. "Fine, fine." He waved for Yoongi to go away but he only took a step back, still watching intently. Hoseok pressed his middle fingers to Heidi's temples and his thumbs into her forehead, eyes closed. He began to whisper in what Yoongi could only register as gibberish as vines of green light passed from Hoseok's limbs and down Heidi's face, centralizing at her heart and around her head, like a crown of light. Very few things could impress Yoongi, but he had to admit that reanimation was a rare gift.

Her body healed in minutes and Hoseok's face wrinkled in concentration as he subconsciously moved forward, as though he were searching for something. Suddenly, Hoseok jumped away from Heidi's body similar to someone receiving a shock. The green light s into the ground and disappeared while Hoseok stared at Heidi's body in confusion. A dark look clouded his normally cheerful face.

"What happened?" Yoongi pressed, realizing immediately that something had gone wrong.

"I-it's..." Hoseok stumbled over his words, stunned. He met Yoongi's gaze, face hardened, "it's her soul. I can't find it."


Taehyung had been tied to a cross where the image of Jesus normally would have been. He laughed, throwing his head back and causing strain in his arms, but he barely felt it.

"Such blasphemy. Are you really a priest?" Taehyung teased with a growing smirk on his face.

"Shut up." Jin said for what must have been the tenth time as a young man rolled a hospital cart towards him.

"Took you long enough!" Jin scolded and the young man flinched before skittering away nervously, unsure if he would be punished for his wrongdoing later.

"Whatcha gonna do with those, doc?" Taehyung asked, covering his nervousness with a joke. Jin rummaged through an assortment of what looked like surgical tools and perhaps tools for torture.

Jin allowed a small grin to grace his face as he responded to Taehyung without looking. "You'll see." He then found his first tool. A vice grip. Picking it up, he turned to Taehyung, his small grin widening. Taehyung began to wonder if Jin were a demon as well. "I wonder how long it takes a demon to heal... toenails?"

"Are you really a priest?" Taehyung questioned seriously this time as he struggled to move his feet away from the approaching Jin.

"Well, I'm certainly not Christian." He leaned in and held a big toe in one hand, as the vice grips closed the distance between it and Taehyung's toenail.

His struggle was useless, it was obvious now. Normally Taehyung wouldn't have batted and eye at such torture, but... the memories that Yoongi had stirred in his brain had brought back a side of him he wasn't used to. It brought back his memories of being human. And with such foolish memories came the fear of pain. Just as the vice grips were about to lock on to his toenail, the doors burst open. Hoseok and Yoongi rushed towards them with urgent expressions.

"Damn it all to hell!" Jin exclaimed, throwing the vice grips to the ground. "Can't you see I'm busy?"

"We seem to have a problem, Master." Yoongi said with difficulty. 'Master' still sounding just as much of a curse as it did when he was first bound to Jin.

"Well? Go on then?" He motioned for them to speak, impatient.

"To put it simply," Hoseok began, "Heidi has no soul."

"Well, find it! Isn't it that what you do!?" Jin's face began to turn red with anger.

"Usually, yes, but if her soul doesn't exist to begin with, how can I find it!?" Hoseok nearly shouted back, face becoming an equal shade of red. Yoongi watched the exchange with shock. If he had done as Hoseok just had, he would have been severely punished, but Jin just stood there, shoulders rising and falling as he huffed with rage.

"What do you suggest we do then?" Jin spoke slowly.

Their conversation was disrupted by Taehyung's laughter. "Are you talking about the girls soul? It was a good meal. Filled me for at least a month and a half." He continued to cackle as Hoseok blinked up at him as though he'd only just noticed the crucified demon.

"Her soul's not completely gone... it's merged with that demon!" He pointed excitedly. "If we bind him to her, she gets her soul back and you," he pointed to Jin, "get your obedient pet demon!"

"Excuse me?" Taehyung called, voice filled with sass, but he was ignored as the three formed their plan.


Floating... drifting away from everything... my surroundings were black, or perhaps I just couldn't see, but that no longer mattered. I was free I could no longer hear him in my head and I couldn't see what he was doing with my body. I was at peace, floating through space. There's no place I'd rather be...

But from a distance I could hear something. A voice. It seemed to be singing. It was in a language I'd never heard before but the moment it filtered through my ears I felt heavy. The air rushed around me as though I were falling and I reached out to hold on to something anything.

I don't want to go back!

But it was too late...


A day after they performed the ceremony she began to stir. Her head the pillow and a soft groan left her lips as though she were in pain. It was impossible, of course. Hoseok was a healer of the highest quality, even pains she never noticed would have been healed. Hoseok had voiced is worry before, a soul merged with a demon is broken, chances are she wouldn't want to live once she woke. But once the ceremony was complete, killing her would kill Jin's new pet. They would have to figure something out.

Jimin sat in a chair next to the white hospital bed Heidi had been sleeping in. He watched her closely as her eyes fluttered and finally remained open. She scanned her surroundings slowly, but so far, no signs of a broken soul.

"How are you feeling, Heidi?" He spoke softly, hoping he wouldn't scare her, but she flinched anyway.

"W-why?" She responded, clearly shaken.

"Why?" He repeated in confusion.

"Why would you do this!?" She screamed this time, getting up immediately and gripping a shocked Jimin by the collar of his shirt. "I wanted to stay dead! Why would you bring me back to this, this hell!?" She shook him violently as tears pricked her vision. She slowly released him and slid to the floor where she folded in on herself, face in her hands. "Oh my god... I killed so many people... m-my parents. How could you bring me back." She sobbed loudly and Jimin stood before her awkwardly, unsure of how to handle this kind of situation.

Just in time, the door on the far side of the room flew open, revealing a furious Jin. "Why didn't you tell me she woke up!?" He yelled immediately as he strode in, hitting Jimin on the back of his head. He looked down at Heidi and quickly grasped the situation.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Go get Hoseok and Yoongi!" Jin roared over Heidi's sobs.

"O-oh god... I can feel him in my head! Get out! Get out!" Heidi, in her panic began hitting her head, but when that failed, she stood and tried to run to the wall. Jin caught her, his arms wrapping around her waist as he picked her up. "Let me go!" She shrieked.

"Calm down!" Jin grunted as he attempted to dodge her attacks.

Finally, Hoseok and Yoongi ran through the doorway. Neither looked entirely surprised at the situation.

Hoseok approached the two, not at all cautious of the flailing girl. Despite her movement, Hoseok was able to press his thumb to her forehead. He whispered something as he ran his thumb across her forehead and Heidi fell still in Jin's arms.

"I hope you didn't kill her." Jin said as he picked her up bridal style before placing her back in the bed.

"Nah, she's just unconscious."

"Maybe we should tie her down this time." Yoongi interjected. He aimed his suggestion to Hoseok, he didn't want to talk to Jin more than he had to.

"No," Jin shook his head. "We need to know what makes her act this way so we can fix it."

"Having a demon in your head can do that." Hoseok joked. Neither Yoongi, nor Jin looked amused. Hoseok rolled his eyes. "It's her memories. If we make her think everything is normal then she'll behave normally. I thought you would have at least realized that." He looked pointedly towards Yoongi with his last statement. "Going senile, old man?"

"Shut up. I already knew it was her memory, idiot."

"Great, so you can fix her, Yoongi." Jin clapped his hands once before stepping away from Heidi who lay, sleeping.

Yoongi took Jin's place silently, climbing onto the bed and straddling her waist. He placed his hands on either side of her head to position her properly before resting his forehead against hers, eyes closing.

From the outside, there was no sign of his power at work so Hoseok and Jin stood awkwardly for the next few minutes, uncomfortable with the intimate position. Yoongi had entered her mind easily. She had no walls to push through therefore she would not face the same pain that the demon had.

Yoongi finally sat back up, swinging his leg back over her body and standing away from the bed with a sigh. He rubbed his head, as though he had a headache.

"What took you so long, man? I thought you'd gotten lost in there!" Hoseok joked.

"I had to replace the memory with something else so there are no holes. It's not easy." He snapped, defensive.

"Of course not. Because you've got no imagination!" Hoseok chuckled at his own joke but Yoongi remained unamused.

"Man, you're no fun." He frowned at the lack of response that he'd received from Yoongi. "I'll go play with Jimin." He turned around and walked through the doorway. "Jiminie~!" He sang happily, his voice echoing back into the small room.

"He has too much freedom..." Jin mumbled and Yoongi took his chance to escape while his 'master' was distracted.

 


 

So this is the next chapter. Hope you liked it! I don't think there's much to explain here, any questions that you have should be answered eventually! Also, you can probably tell, but Jin isn't an entirely good character. Anyway, we'll find out everything soon enough! Thanks for reading this far!!