Nightmares

Hide and Seek

*There is some mention of violence in this chapter! Just thought to let you know!!!

That bastard was hitting her again. I could see her bruises even though she tried to hide them. Dried tears stained her face as I wrapped a protective arm around her. He never hit me. Only HER. So, tonight like every other I would create a barrier between them. She would sleep easier like that.

One day, I always reminded myself, one day, he would get what he deserves. She always said she loved him, that he would change. I knew he wouldn't. Everyone did, but he had her brainwashed and there was nothing I could do. I felt so helpless. My eyes stung with unshed tears as I pulled her closer, still careful with her injuries.
The next day I sat down with her in our dingy living room. "Do love him?" I interrogated.

"O-of course I do." She said weakly, avoiding my gaze.

"He hurts you! Yet you still want to be with him!?" I shouted. She flinched and I instantly felt guilty. My sister shouldn't fear me.

"H-he doesn't mean to! I know he loves me. I want to make this work. Don't hate him Taehyung." She practically begged as she wrapped a hand around mine, squeezing tightly.

"I lost all respect for him when he raised his fist to you." I growled. I stood up and made my way to the door, ignoring her as she called for me to come back. I couldn't take this. Why? Why does she insist on staying with that prick?

I found myself at the beach, staring out at the ocean waves as though they would provide an answer. I stayed until the sky began to darken, listening to the crashing tide. It helped me forget about, well, everything.

With a deep breath, I stood finally and stretched out my aching muscles from where I'd sat in the sand far too long. It was time to go back to my sister.

As I walked down the concrete hallway I heard a scream. Shrill and filled with terror, it sent a shiver down my spine. I ran just in time to see that push my sister into a wall, bled and her black eye renewed.

Rage bubbled up from deep inside me, and unlike anger, I felt strangely calm. My eyes zeroed in on him, he stumbled, clearly drunk.

From my peripheral vision, I noticed an empty beer bottle and without thinking, I wrapped my hand around it.

The son of a laughed as I moved forward. I hated his laugh.

"What are you gonna do Taehyung? You COWARD!" He egged me on, his speech slurred.

I'll wipe that smile off his damned face.

In an instant I'd reached him and smashed the bottle over his head. The jagged pieces of glass stuck into his scalp and face but he seemed too dazed to register the pain.

Behind me, my sister screamed but I couldn't hear her over the blood rushing through my ears. I glanced at the jagged bottle in my hand again, now stained with blood.

The had the audacity to smile. I hated his face so much.

In a flash of anger I moved towards him again. The jagged side of the bottle buried itself in his abdomen and warm blood gushed over my hand. I didn't realize what it meant at that moment as I continued to stab him, ignoring my sister as she shrieked at me to stop.

Finally, I was drained. I stepped away, letting the bottle crash to the ground and stared down at my bloody hands.
My sister couldn't scream anymore so she settled for crying in the corner, crumpled and beaten. "Get out." She sobbed, weakly pointing to the door.

"GET OUT!"

So I left, still not quite sure of what I'd just done. I smeared the blood from my hands onto my white shirt and ran.

The police caught up to me eventually...
 
Years passed until the moment finally arrived.

"Death row inmate Kim Taehyung. Do you have any last words?"

My lip trembled as I met my sisters watery gaze from where I'd been strapped to the electric chair.

"I don't want to die."

I sat up with a gasp, sweat caused my nightdress to cling to my back and my hair to stick to my face. The room around me was dark and I could see nothing before me, but I struggled to find my balance. I reached around with my hands in an attempt to find my way out of the room, stumbling over my own feet.

"Y-Yoongi..?" I called timidly. I hoped my brother would be nearby to help me, like he'd always been, but I couldn't rely on him forever.

A chuckle sounded behind me, one which seemed so familiar that it sent a chill down my spine. I turned slowly towards one of the dirt-caked windows and I screamed.

Yoongi was suspended with his feet just off the ground, that much I could make out in the dark room. But behind him was a shadowy creature shaped strangely like me with eyes as red as the blood rushing through my ears. It chuckled again, but its voice was not mine. I couldn't place it for the life of me but my stomach churned at the sound.

"Your brother will be dead soon..." Only then did I notice how still Yoongi had become and I-


"Heidi, wake up!"

I was shaken awake, my throat sore from screaming. Just like my nightmare, my clothes clung to my skin which was drenched in sweat, but Yoongi sat before me instead. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"You won't believe the nightmare that I had!" I cried, leaping on him immediately with a tight hug.

He grunted as he tried to keep me from falling to the floor, my legs still laying across the bed. "Must have been pretty bad since you were screaming bloody murder." He joked as he helped me back to the safety of the bed and ruffled my messy hair.

In front of my bed, Hoseok sat back, watching us with laughter in his eyes. A stern look from Yoongi kept him silent.

"I had a dream that a demon killed you," I began shakily, "but I swear I'd had another dream before that." It felt so important at the time and I scratched my scalp in thought. My dark brown hair fell around me messily as I glared at my bed with concentration.

Hoseok and Yoongi had gone completely serious the moment the words had left my mouth. They shared a look, unknown to me.

"Do you remember anything else?" Yoongi gently encouraged. Hoseok was shocked by the change in Yoongi. Normally, if he wanted information he would simply force himself into their minds, not ask politely.

I shook my head, frustrated.

At that moment, Jimin flew around the corner, eyes wide and panting hard. "G-guys! Tae-." He stopped abruptly upon noticing me awake. I saw fear and caution flash in his eyes, but I couldn't understand what caused it. "He's awake." He said instead with a somber tone. He glanced at me occasionally as though the information he'd just imparted was not to be known by me. It only made me more curious.

Hoseok stood up immediately, straight-faced, and moved to the doorway. Yoongi followed suit. I moved to stand as well, but the two turned to me and sternly told me to stay in bed. I protested weakly, but stayed anyway, curiosity eating at me.


Taehyung lay chained to a metal table, sweat pouring from him as he panted. What was that? He questioned angrily. He hadn't dreamt once since he'd become a demon. Everything should have been forgotten by now, he should be back to his normal, demonic, blood-thirsty self. Instead, he felt a dull sting in his chest at the memories of his short life.

"You're finally awake." Jin's voice surprised Taehyung, and yet again, he worried. If he were normal, he would have been able to sense Jin in the room.

"Seems that way." He grumbled in response.

"Where were we before the rude interruption?" Jin continued, as he rubbed his chin in thought. "Ah, yes! You were just about to receive your punishment." He clapped his hands once as he turned away. He wore what resembled a white lab coat now. Taehyung snorted.

"What, are you some kind of mad scientist now? Give me your best shot, doc." He cackled at his own joke but was abruptly cut of by the voices of three boys.

"Jin! Don't do it!" Hoseok threw open the doors with a loud bang as he ran.

"Why the hell not?" Jin hissed, even angrier than he'd been last time. "This better be good." He growled lowly.

"Heidi and Taehyung are connected. If you hurt him, you'll hurt her." 

Jin sighed, slamming down the tool he'd only just picked up. "Anything else you need to say?"

"Um..." Jimin began, his voice small, "she's awake now..."

Jin narrowed his eyes at Jimin before looking to the other two gods. "Why didn't you tell me that first, huh?"

"I'm always the last told.." He grumbled as he moved to walk past the three.

"Wait." Yoongi forced out. "I need to tell you what I replaced her memory with first."

Jin turned slowly, eyebrow raised impatiently. "Well? Go on."

"She believes we adopted her when she was younger. Her parents died before she could remember. She thinks of you as an uncle." 

"Does she know about us?"

"Well, yeah. All except for Taehyung..." Yoongi trailed, unsure of what Jin was trying to ask.

"No, does she know about us." He said again and Yoongi's blood ran cold upon realization.

". She doesn't know about gods or anything. I forgot." Yoongi glared at the ground in embarrassment. If the situation weren't so tense, Hoseok for certain would have laughed at a god of memory forgetting something so important.

Jin walked up to him slowly, Yoongi's fists shook at his sides as he clenched his jaw. Despite his preparation, he wasn't ready for Jin's open handed slap. The sound echoed through the room and Yoongi's face stung, the skin turning a bright red.

"I'll punish you later." Jin growled as he stormed past Yoongi. Once he was gone Yoongi pressed a hand to his face, rage lighting up his dark eyes. Hoseok sent him a look of pity before following behind Jin.

Jimin approached Yoongi carefully, hand resting gently on Yoongi's shoulder. "Are you-" he was cut off when Yoongi shrugged off his hand.

"Shut up." He barked, speeding away from a shocked Jimin.

"What, are you gonna cry?" Taehyung taunted from where he was tied.

"You should really learn to shut up." Jimin snarled uncharacteristically. He glanced back at the demon, his eyes glowing with an unknown power and Taehyung felt a shiver of fear run down his spine.

Jimin turned brusquely and rushed to escape before he did something he'd regret.


Here we are! Another chapter, yay! I'll admit, this story has completely diverted from the original one that I'd written, but I think I like it more so I'm gonna keep going with it! Also, I'm still thinking about Namjoon's character. Should he be human? A god? Neither? I'll figure it out though. Oh! And I've decided to base parts of this story off of pieces of the 'BS&T' and 'I Need You' videos so that should be interesting! I hope you liked this chapter!!!