Chapter 04

Broken Clock

Wow :D some wave of wanting to write hit me! Be glad :D I blame my sickness for my less of work... Anyway. This chapter is srsly random, and I did tell what she is (if you haven't figure it out... which I think you did).

 

So this is not the last chapter, there will be one more [I kept my promise to do it short! 5 chapters is short, right?] Anyway... About the seneances from the foreword - I used them, but I changed them a little in the process of writing (this has to do with the last one). The ending is still... kind of the same I wanted :D You'll see soon, hopefully.

 

So read and enjoy and maybe comment? I like comments ^^

---------------------------------------------------

 

I was on the balcony, with Mei, who was spazzing over what happened two weeks ago.

“Girl, he kissed you. Kim Jonghyun, that god– kissed you.” I have to admit he was quite y… with all the muscles and veins popping out of his hands and neck… and those hands. I found I was daydreaming when Mei shook me. “Don’t ignore me.”

“What?”

“What happened? One week you were ok, and then – nothing. You’re running away from him, girl!”

“Are you spying on me?” the same thought of it was making me mad. I never did that to her.

“I’m spying on him – duh~!” I sighed. Where the hell did I find her again? “You saved me.” She answered as if I said what I thought out loud.

“Yea I forgot… Was it in France?”

“Yup, I was brutally beaten up. You saved me.” I saw the long face she made and hugged her tightly. “I can’t believe my fiancé did that to me.” She tightened the hug and buried her face in my neck.

“I’m sorry… your life isn’t that happy even now.” Then she suddenly let go and looked at me angry.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know... Chika. It was my fault then.”

“Don’t blame yourself.”

How can I not? …

 

-----

 

The weather was deadly cold outside and I was alone in the small apartment in Osaka, where I and Mei stayed. There were no people out, and I was hungry like crazy. She was lucky – partying with twins, one of whom was her soulmate, while I was stuck here… hungry. I closed my eyes….

When I opened them again I was pinned to a brick wall, Mei sending me daggers with her eyes… there was blood. I looked around and saw blood everywhere; the white snow was painted with huge red stains… there were two bodies lying down. I looked back at Mei; my eyes started tearing, now knowing what I have done. “I’m sorry…” was all that came from my mouth, before we heard one of the supposed corpses breathing and coughing. “Chika!” Mei let go of me and went to the boy….

 

-----

 

“He was not you soulmate.” I looked down to the town beneath me. Humanity changed too much.

“He has a little part of him. Besides I was not gonna turn Ren.” I looked at her not understanding.

“What do you mean?”

“We can live with people who are not our soulmates too… I didn’t want to give him our life… But I guess you know what I mean. It’s him, right? There’s no other way for you to run.” I started laughing. God was she good.

“Yea, I saw the book in his room. Well… he was a charming kid, no wonder he became such a gorgeous man.” I smirked to myself. He grew up to my expectations… even beyond them. “Hey, I was struggling for 50 years that I killed your love, and made you turn his brother, so he would not die in pain, and you tell me now, that you had no intention of turning him?”

“We have the eternity. 50 years to us are like 2 years to a normal human… even less. You had to suffer a little.”

“Have respect to your elders.”

“Where have you seen vampire being respectful to another vampire?” I tried thinking back in time…

“I’ve lived too long… My memories are fading.” I tried to act cool that there was not such a moment in my life. I really never saw something like that – even coming from me.

“Yea, I believe you.” She raised her eyebrows and looked in disbelieve. “Now cook me something delicious.” She hissed in my ear and I giggled.

“I’m not serving you Minho, but some roasted beef will do I think.” She scoffed at my lame joke and entered the apartment.

 

-----

 

I leaned against the door, watching him looking through the books in the little library I made over the years. It was a lame excuse that he wanted a book to read, but it’s not like I minded. I just stood there and watched him, pretending to search and glancing from time to time in my direction. Suddenly, from the far end of the room he grabbed a book and opened it at a random page.

Why am I letting them close? I should run again, hide somewhere... Why did I come back again?” He read aloud and the same sentence he read made me rush to him and grab the book out of his hands.

“Not this one… or any of the books in this bookshelf.” I faced him, waiting him to move on.

“Why not?”

“These are the diaries of my ancestors. Only people who are part of the family can read them.” Ok I lied – those were my diaries. No way in hell would I let him read them.

“Why do you keep them? Family tradition or something?” he asked as he started searching for some other book.

"They’re all I have. And all I have are memories. You'll be one of them too, someday." I put the book back on its place and got annoyed by the silence. I turned around and saw him, one hand on a book, but he was not looking at the book, he was looking somewhere furtherer. I approached him and put my hand above his. I waited for him to look at me, before I start talking. “Jonghyun, we can’t be together. We’re too different.”

“We can work it out…” his voice was pained. I hated looking him like this.

“No, we can’t.” I cupped his face in my hands and rested my forehead on his. “Believe me, we can’t… After two weeks I’m leaving.” I saw the shock in his eyes. But he knew he can’t stop me from leaving. All the vampires were talking about soulmates, about the understanding between them, the sudden feel of need to be with them… I never felt that until I met him.

And I will never forget it.

“For those two weeks… Just be next to me.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head in my neck.

“I will.” The words barely left my lips… I never wanted to leave him... Only if our lives were different.