Chapter 03

Broken Clock

Yea... I thought of this while being in bed, being hit by temperature (figures why the chapter is like this). Sorry guys I have no plans for the future XD But I should make 'coz I'm changing the end for the 10th time in my head. Anyway - Enjoy and tell me what you think ^^ - please?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I turned around to look at the poor guy sitting on the floor facing the wall, right next to the door.

“It’s been three weeks Mei, you’ve been too harsh on him this time.” I said facing my dear friend.

“He kept it from me.” She pouted and I heard Chika sigh.

“Come on, I was the best surprise for your birthday, that idiot ever gave you.”

“Don’t be nice for him! You hate him!” she started lecturing me now…

“Hey! She just dislikes me!” I turned and looked at him, then I faced back Mei. Both of them were waiting for my answer. So I was the arbiter?

“I pity him?” both of them scoffed… “I’m not raising children here! Stop fighting over stupid things!”

“You there, come and sit.” After that followed the happy cheer of victory that I would never forget even in a million years. Then Mei gulped from her coffee and looked at me with that look I knew so well. “So, how did it go? The SHINee dinner?” here it goes…

“The dinner with SHINee. There are differences.” It was only three days ago, how did she knew. “Your sources became better with the years.”

“I know!” she answered in a high pitched voice and with huge grin on her face. “Humans are interesting and you know I can’t stay bored.”

“Mmm, yea – I know.” I said looking at Chika, who obviously didn’t like my reply and the way I said it.

“He was different… Anyway – from how long haven’t you…” I knew what she wanted to ask, that’s why I didn’t wait for her full question.

“Since I came back to Korea… Like a month or so?”

“And you’re fine?” she looked at me in disbelieve. Yea I was fine, not wonderful, not in bliss… I was fine, normal. I nodded to her question and smiled cutely. “Chika.”

The orange haired guy stood up and approached me, then he bended down and locked his lips with mine. He started massaging the back of my neck and that made me moan a little, which helped him enter my mouth completely. I so hated Mei for training him this good. It was not long before I felt the hot, sweet liquid enter my mouth. It warmed my whole body, and I felt the fast changes that were going through it. The sensation was so captivating and I almost closed my eyes. Almost – I was not so weak to submit to Mei’s boyfriend’s skills. I looked at her in anger, in rage that she made him do this to me, and she just smiled, while she drunk her coffee, but then for a second I saw something in her eyes, something that was screaming for intruder. I pushed Chika away and looked to the door, where Taemin was standing. I narrowed my eyes, and looked at him. I knew from his expression that he saw everything.

“Taemin, come here.” I felt my voice emotionless, yet commanding. The tall boy started walking towards me, still with that shocked expression on his face. I pulled my hand in front of me, not breaking our eye contact. “Bend.” And he did. “You will forget what you saw just now. Everything of it.” the little boy only nodded, unable to do something else. I felt Chika cleaning the left corner of my mouth, and when he did it I placed my hand from Taemin’s chin, to his cheek.

“Hey, sweety. What did you come here for?” I smiled childishly, and the fear and shock in his eyes disappeared, replacing it with cute and cheerful smile.

“Noona, can I ask a favor?”

“What is it?”

“Jonghyun hyung is sick, and Key hyung is afraid he won’t take his medicine, so he asked me to ask you if you can watch over him for today, while we’re at out schedules.” Did Key tell him to say all those things just to confuse me, so I would agree to something I have no idea about? Because I can bet he did, from what I’ve seen him doing that night when they were at my place. Key was not that bad, he was just kind of bossy and motherly like.

“Sure, I would love babysitting him.” Taemin chuckled and only then did he notice my guests. “Oh, you were busy?”

“Don’t worry Taeminnie, me and my boy were just leaving.” Mei just stood up and grabbed Chika under arm. Taemin looked a little puzzled, but then only nodded a little. I stood up too, preparing to send my friends to the door, and then maybe going to SHINee’s apartment to babysit Jonghyun. While we were at the door, and me and Mei chatted a little about some random stuff, Taemin dashed to their apartment.

“You should eat more often.” Mei whispered to my ear and I sighed at her statement.

“Thank you for the meal, honey.”

“You’re welcome, baby.” She flashed me a grin and then disappeared. “Be more human-like.” I whispered to myself in the empty hallway.

 

-----

 

I was in the kitchen and was making rice porridge, which recipe was left to me by Key. God bless him, ‘coz if he didn’t I think I may have poisoned Jonghyun. Don’t mistake me – I’m a good cook, I’m hell of a good cook. I just never learned to cook Asian food, or these types of food that you cook only to sick people… I never get sick, that’s all. Suddenly I heard footsteps and I turned around to see walking Jjong.

“Hey! What are you doing?” I dashed to him and helped him sit down. He still had a high fever. “Why are you up?”

“I was bored.” He voice sounded hoarse. Poor boy.

“In a little your porridge will be ready and I will give you your medicine.” He looked me with the most awful, sad and disgusted look I have ever seen.

“It tastes awful.” I chuckled while returning to the oven, to see what happened with the thing I was cooking.

 

-----

 

Did he take his medicine?

“Yes, Kibum, he did. He ate, he is lying down and whining like a baby, and probably after 15 more minutes he will be dead, so I can live peacefully!” I shouted trough the phone. What was with these guys? Jonghyun was really a kid when we was ill, and Key was… oh, damn! I haven’t met mother like that in all my years of living! He was worse than my mom, when I was a kid.

Then you’ll be dead.” I wish I was…

“Just stop calling. I’ll handle him.” I never waited for a reply. I tossed the phone, after I turned it off, and looked at the guilty looking boy in the bed.

“Sorry.” He pouted… how cute! He’s even cuter than Taemin! Why do I have this weak point for cute stuff? I tried not to smile dumbly and came closer to him, putting my hand on his forehead.

“Your temperature is down.”

“But my throat is killing me.” I can bet that… he sounded awful.

“Wait a little.” I dashed to the kitchen, and gladly found what I searched for - vanilla, honey and lemon. My mom always mixed them up for me when I was a kid. A small smile crept its way on my lips. This guy was bringing a lot of memories to me. I get back to him and handed him the cup with the mixture along with a spoon. “Eat two spoons on every two to three hours. You better finish it by today, tomorrow it’ll be sour.”

“What is this?”

“It’s for your throat.” I said and sat down to him. I watched him doubtfully looking the mixture in the cup, and then the bliss overtaking his face when he gulped it. “It’s made from vanilla, honey and lemon. I left the right amount on the fridge for Key to prepare it tomorrow if your throat still hurts.”

I watched as Jonghyun put the cup on the night table next to him, I watched as he bended down and kissed my cheek, I watched as smile was placed on his beautiful face… And I did nothing about it.

"I like spending time with you" - you wouldn't if you knew me, if you knew the real me. I looked away and faced the study table in his room.

“You barely know me.”

“Yea, I know.”

“I may be wrong, but are you hitting on me?” he giggled.

“I’m old enough to look after myself. I’ve been sick before too. And Key is overreacting ‘coz it’s you who are taking care of me. So basically – yes, I am.” I didn’t know what to say. I just stared.

Then without me noticing, again, he bended down and kissed me. This time on the lips.

It was a sweet temptation, which I wanted to melt into, to disappear in it…

A small tear escaped my eye, without Jonghyun noticing.

Why can’t my life be easy, normal... fair?

… Why can’t I be with him?

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
with his end is out of line, but - can you guess the relationship between Irene and Chika? ^^ I may write about them in a little more details.