Chapter 19

No Reservations
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi guys! Another double treat for all of you! 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

I spent my free time with Amber's Mom and Dad whenever I have. Being with them feels like having a complete family again. I introduced to them Dani and they loved her. They even offered her to study in the US and live with them but of course my sister declined it respectfully saying that she already passed the entrance exam at SKKU will be starting next term. But maybe, she'll think about the Master's Degree program that they offered.


We are in the living area of their Penthouse having coffee. We just finished a sumptous dinner prepared by Chef Choi who also joined us for dinner, and also Eric, Henry, and Scott. It seems like Scott is feeling under the weather today but he smiled and said he's okay. Probably just tired. I noticed that Vic unnie and Chef Choi are a little closer nowadays. Hmmmm... Better ask them later.


I remembered the question I've been keeping for a few days and maybe this is the time to ask Dad about it.


"Dad I would like to ask something about my Appa and Eomma. How did you know them? It seems you are close to them."


He gave a small laugh and proceeded. "Of course! I knew them! They are my friends way back when we are from College. Your Father and I became friends while we are studying in Yale. Because of being the only Asians in our class we bonded together. He once stood up for me when I got in trouble which I don't remember what is. He's like a brother to me. It was on a college frat party when we were still a Freshman that I met Mrs. Liu. I went to the garden to have some fresh air. That's where I saw her.." pointing at Mom and smiling. "The rest is history! After a week of meeting this beautiful woman on that party, I ask her to marry me and we went to the Court as early as 6:00 am waiting for it to open. We almost broke up right then and there because we won't stop bickering. But then I realize I love this girl and I want to spend my lifetime with her.." his eyes were shining brightly and took Mom's hand to his.


"After getting married, we called our parents in Taiwan and told them about everything. We were afraid that they will disown us because we acted impulsively. Luckily, our families knew each other since generations and they agreed to our marriage. Then we had Jackie, and after 2 years that stupid girl beside you."


"The opposite happened to your parents. Its also in the same frat party but 4 years later that he met your mom. I know your Dad already told you the story so many times. The problem is, the Elder Jung did not approved of your mother because her family is not influential. Four years earlier, your

Please log in to read the full chapter