Chapter V

Listen to you

 

 

 

It has been a few months since Chaeyoung didn’t attend to her classes anymore and the girls knew what had happen. Their classmates couldn’t stop asking questions and they couldn’t stop feeling irritated all the time because of it. It was no one’s business and they still acting like they have the right to ask... no you don’t, get out of their way.

 

“Jennie?” The teacher called.

 

She took her eyes off the book and glanced at the teacher.

 

“Where is Chaeyoung?”

 

Jennie made eye contact with Lisa who was beside her and Jisoo who was in front of her. She shook her head slowly. “I wish I’d know” She answered.

 

“Jisoo and Lisa?”

 

The girls shook their heads.

 

It was the fifth time this happen today and it was turning annoying.

 

“Ah!” Jennie yelled, the last period ended and they were walking to her locker. “Why Mr. Park does this to us?!”

 

“The question is why he does that to Chae” Lisa answered.

 

“I wish we could do something… like… to go and find her and bring her here” Jisoo added.

 

“Yeah, we could win that game” Jennie said saving her books on her locker.

 

“We could?” Jisoo asked again.

 

“Who knows her more than us?” Lisa added.

 

“Do you know where she is?”  

 

Lisa made silence and looked at the ceiling to give the impression she is thinking. The girls knew she got nothing.

 

“She could be anywhere Lisa!” Jennie gave her a slight punch on her forehead. “Let’s go”

 

 

“We should go and get something to eat” Jisoo said as they walked towards Jennie’s car. “I’m hungry”

 

“I’m very tired Chichoo, I just want to go home and start the project”

 

“The project!” Lisa punched her forehead softly. “So much stuff! What are you planning to do?”

 

“I don’t know… I’m too tired to even think”

 

“So you won’t take me to eat something?” Jisoo said pouting.

 

“Yes, Chichoo, that means I won’t take you to dinner”

 

“So annoying I have to cook now”

 

“Deal with it” Lisa answered.

 

“I don’t want to. Please take me to dinner. At least chicken… Chicken!!” Jisoo jumped in her place in excitement.

 

“No, Chichoo, not tonight… tomorrow. I’ll promise you”

 

They were about to hop inside the car when they spotted a familiar figure walking towards them. Jennie and Lisa frowned but Jisoo was just surprised to see him again.

 

They didn’t talk to him since the whole Chaeyoung thing exploded. They didn’t want to either; they felt kind of disappointed when Jaehyun indirectly give up.

 

Jennie leaned her elbow on top of the car. “What are you doing here, Jaehyun?”

 

Jaehyun raised his arms. “I want to talk”

 

“We don’t want to talk to you” Lisa added.

 

“I know you don’t but I need you to. It’s about Chaeyoung”

 

“What about her? You already give up!”

 

“I didn’t give up... I just didn’t know what to do”

 

Lisa raised an eye brow. “And you want us to help you because you don’t know what to do?”

 

“Yes … I made up my mind already and I need help”

 

The girls glanced at each other.

 

“Then take us to dinner!” Jisoo proposed and the other two nodded.

 

Jaehyun rolled his eyes. “Ok”

 

 

In a close restaurant after Jaehyun paid for a very expensive dinner that the girls ask as a punishment for taking so long to contact them, Lisa was writing something on a piece of paper she took from her notebook while eating the dissert.

 

“Do you have a plan B?” Jennie asked. “It’s good to have a plan B”

 

“No, I don’t even have a plan A” Jaehyun answered, drinking a hot chocolate.

 

“Well. I can advise you a plan b: Going to Mr. Park’s office in the US and kick his with a gang!”

 

“Jisoo!” Lisa and Jennie yelled at her.

 

“What? You wish that to happen too!”

 

He smiled. He can’t lie, he really missed the girls. “I don’t think that’s necessary. He told me that only if I paid enough attention to her, I will now where she is. I think I paid a lot attention to her but I don’t know what kind of things I should remember”

 

“The little things. Always the little things” Jennie answered.

 

“I disagreed. I think the stories about her past, those are the clues” Jisoo added.

 

Lisa laughed. “Yeah but Chaeyoun didn’t have a great childhood, you know?”

 

“My point exactly!” Jisoo answered her and pointed at her heart. “Those are the things that hurt the most so why wouldn’t you tell that to your boyfriend?”

 

“Makes sense” Jaehyun replayed. “I’ll keep that in mind”

 

“The most import thing of all, do not make noises, ok? If Mr. Park knows you are in the place, he’ll probably move her”

 

“He is a rat!”

 

He frowned and leaned his body in their direction. “Move her? Like… taking her somewhere else?”

 

“Yeah… if he knows you’re in Japan and she is there, he’ll move her to Mars, some like that”

 

Jaehyun went back to his position, astonished.

 

“That’s what happened with Jungkook”

 

“Ah... Kookie” Jisoo nodded.

 

“Jungkook?”

 

“Her former boyfriend. You’ll talk to him”

 

“I’ll talk to him?”

 

“Yeah” Lisa ended what she was writing and slides the note to Jaehyun’s side of the table. “These are the names of Chae’s ex-boyfriends. You will go and talk to them”

 

“Why would I talk with my girlfriend ex-boyfriends?” He made an emphasis in MY, what a cute little jealousy monster.

 

“Because they have been through this, just like you” Lisa answered him. “So I suggest you to go and talk to them and ask for advices”

 

“Yeah, and maybe you can convince them to go and kick Mr. Park’s ”

 

“Jisoo!” The girls yelled at her again.

 

Jaehyun took the paper and read it. Wow, Lisa really knows her friend to make very detailed directions for him to visit. It’s funny because all these guys start their name with a “J”.

 

“Jackson lives outside the city. He’s a nice dude, you’ll like him” Jennie assured him.

 

“You’ll need to travel a bit with Jimin and Jungkook though” Lisa made a face.

 

“I don’t have a problem with that”

 

“Where Jimin went?” Jisoo asked looking at Lisa.

 

“He was accepted on the Dance Academy in New York so he left”

 

He stayed in silence watching the piece of paper.

 

“What are you going to do with your job?”

 

“I already ask for permission but I have a very limited time”

 

“Ah, you should’ve asked a limitless permission”

 

“Yeah, you know… I would need to quit or get fired for that and… no thanks”

 

“Good luck” Jisoo said suddenly and Jaehyun looked at her. “We hated you before”

 

“Jisoo!” Again, she was yelled at.

 

“It’s truth!” She defended herself. “We didn’t want to talk with your friends because of that; we decided to erase you guys from our lives because we thought you give up. We were disappointed.”

 

“I was going to make the call”

 

The girls went silence.

 

“But then, Taeyong…” He looked at Jennie…. “Said that he can’t stand the girl he likes be with someone else and I realize I wouldn’t like that either”

 

The girls nodded. He stood up after putting the piece of paper on his pocket.

 

“Let’s keep this reunion as a secret, ok?”

 

“You go it!” Lisa answered him. “And if you need anything else, call us”

 

“We will help you” Jisoo added.

 

Jaehyun smiled to them. “Thanks girls… ah… I want to tell you, the guys really miss you, so I think you should call them sometime. Distract them and stuff. I don’t need to drag them with me”

 

“Ah, Jaehyun if they are like us, they would love to be dragged by you” Jennie said.  “If Chae was in your situation, we will be dragged by her we liked or not”

 

He laughs softly.

 

“We will give them a call soon, don’t worry” Lisa said.

 

“Awesome. See you guys than” And left the restaurant.

 

 

 

“I need a friend like Lisa, seriously” Yuta said checking the list Lisa gave to Jaehyun.

 

The guys were gathered in Jaehyun’s apartment. They were there because that’s all what Jaehyun needs, support from his friends in this crazy ride he is about to take, besides they aren’t that bad on giving advices.

 

“I will start to call her; maybe if I disappear she’ll know where I am”

 

“Are you going to the US and Hong Kong?” Mark asked.

 

“Yeah, well, this Jimin dude lives there and Jungkook won’t be in Seoul for three months so…” He said, getting out of the kitchen and sitting beside Taeyong.

 

“How many days did your boss gave you?” Sicheng asked.

 

“Two months”

 

“Do you think you will accomplish this in two months?”

 

“Too many questions!” Jaehyun answered him.

 

Yeah, he is will it and ready to do it but please don’t stress him out like that.

 

“This is actually a very good idea. Go and talk with these guys”

 

“Yeah, on my way back here I was thinking that. Maybe talking to them will help me to not make the mistakes they did”

 

“You are so smart Jae” Yuta said sitting beside him.

 

“I’ll make dinner” Sicheng suddenly said. “I’m kind of hungry and I saw Jae have ingredients for kimchi” He stood up from the couch.

 

“I’ll help you” Yuta followed him to the kitchen.

 

Taeyomg, Mark and Jae stayed in the living room.

 

“Dude” Jaehyun leaned to Taeyong. “I was about to tell on you, I’m sorry”

 

“Tell on me?” Taeyong fixed his body and sat on his direction.

 

“I was about to tell Jennie about your feelings”

 

Taeyong got shock. “You didn’t right?”

 

“No, I noticed what I was doing in the last minute”

 

He breathed at ease. “Are they going to talk to us again?”

 

“I think so… they were mad at me but now I think we can be friends again”

 

“Ah, why?!” Taeyong wined. “I have to hid my feelings again”

 

Jae scoffed. “Stop being so coward man, just do it”

 

“It’s not easy”

 

“Why?”

 

“She is dating another dude, I told you”

 

“So… talk to Jisoo or Lisa, ask for information, come on man!”

 

“What?! You’re insane!” Taeyong said waving his hands. “I can’t do that”

 

“Taeyong you are seriously a little coward rat” They heard Mark said from behind the couch.

 

“Yah!!!!” Taeyong yelled.

 

“I didn’t say it like that” Jaehyun defended himself.

 

“If you don’t do it, I’ll do it”

 

“You wouldn’t” Taeyong narrowed his eyes.

 

“Who am I?” Mark asked.

 

“Ah… I have too much problems. What am I doing here?” Jahyun said, pressing the bridge of his nose.

 

He stood up and walked to the kitchen, maybe helping Yuta and Sicheng to make dinner would make his mind relax.

 

 

 

Jaehyun looked at the big house in front of him through his car window. He went out and walked slowly, checking with attention each characteristic of the house: It was two floors big, it had a big and beautiful yard with swings on the middle and a garden at the end of a stone road. It also had different color fences that looked like paint it by kids. He opened the little gate and stepped on the first three stairs that leaded him to the white purple door. It had a garage open with a car outside.

 

He could hear voices inside, so he knocked the door twice. It looked like it took forever but it was just a few minutes waiting outside. Is he doing the right thing? Well, he is already in front of his door and can’t back down. Besides, it will be a good information he will used for his own benefit.

 

A little kid opened the door for him. He smiled.

 

“Hi” He waved his hand. “Is Jackson around?” He asked in a tiny voice to the kid.

 

He didn’t know if Jackson was the father of this kid and never occur to him asking.

 

The kid nodded. “Yeah, my daddy is around, please wait a minute” And he closed the door.

 

So the kid was Jackoson’s son.

 

The door opened again with a handsome tall guy. Dude... Chae… you can pick them, huh?

 

“Hello?” He said.

 

“Ah…” Jaehyun hesitate for some seconds. “My name is Jung Jaehyun, are you Jackson?”

 

“Yes, I am” He shakes hands with Jaehyun.

 

“I want to talk to you about something if you’re not busy”

 

Jackson closed the door behind him. “Yeah sure” And crossed his arms on his chest.

 

“It’s about Chaeyoung”

 

Jackson’s eye glowed at the mere pronunciation of her name. “Chae?” He asked. “Did something happen to her?”

 

“Kind of” He answered. “I’m her new boyfriend”

 

Jackson nodded understanding his situation. “Ah… he did it again, huh?”

 

“Yeah…” Jaehyun said, getting upset.

 

“Come on” Jackson said, inviting Jaehyun to walk with him. “I have a table with chairs in the backyard, we can sit there”

 

The two guys walked to the backyard where a group of people and three kids were running around behind a dog, they were having a agood time. Jackson was having a family barbecue as he can see.

 

Seeing all this makes Jaehyun a bit calmer, Jackson moved on with his life. He had that braveness on him that he clearly felt lack of.

 

Jackson walked him towards the table where he took a sit.

 

“My in-laws came today to cook some beef, sorry about the mess” He said.

 

Jaehyun shook his head. “It’s ok”

 

“Do you want a beer or something?”

 

“Yeah, why not?”

 

Jackson looked for two cold beers and went back quickly. He sited next to Jaehyun.

 

“You have a nice house” Jaehyun commented.

 

“Thanks, took me years to finally have it” Jackson answered.

 

“Those are your kids?”

 

“Yeah, my wife is the one in the yellow dress”

 

Jaehyun nodded. “Congratulations…”

 

“Thanks” Jackson answered, knowing Jaehyun did realize his wife was pregnant again. “And what about you? Since when you are dating?”

 

“A year and a half”

 

“What?!” Jackson said. “That’s a lot!”

 

“Yeah but her father ruined everything”

 

“Her father likes to ruin things apparently” Jackson started saying, staring at his family.

 

Jaehyun took a sip of his beer. “How was your relationship?”

 

“Will you listen to me without starting to get jealous?”

 

Jaehyun breathe deeply, he closed his eyes only to focus on the goal he marked for himself and assured his feelings this was necessary. It would be hard to listen but he can handle it, as a man.

 

“I’ll try” Jaehyun answered him.

 

Jackson stared at him and nodded. “Well, this is what you came for, right?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

Before starting to tell his story Jackson took another sip of his beer and, “I went out with her only three months. I was her first boyfriend ever. She was the best… no… she is the best. You won’t get someone like her again in this life, at least” He took a sip of his beer. “But she didn’t know what her father was capable of, so one day she decide to introduce me to him. Next day… I didn’t saw her again”

 

“He took her the next day?”

 

“Yeah, I can’t blame him, you know? I wasn’t a good boy back then, but I promise him that I would try to change and yada yada but he ignored me and told ‘find her and she’s yours’” He shook his head, taking another sip of his beer. “I thought he was joking”

 

Jaehyun stayed in silence.

 

“But when I laughed, he didn’t… he remained serious. So I told him that I wouldn’t do anything” Jackson turned his head around to face Jaehyun, smiling painfully. “I said…

 

“You’re crazy” Jackson laughed. “You want me to waste my time like that?”

 

Mr. Park smile. “See what I mean? You don’t even care about my daughter to even try”

 

“I do care about her but what you’re asking is too much” He crossed his arms in his chest. “I have a long life to live so… why would I do that?”

 

“So you won’t do anything?”

 

Jackson shook his head. “Even if I don’t Chae will be back with me”

 

“I don’t think so” Mr. Park said. “Not after she heard how you don’t even want to try it”

 

“I was shameless before that. After that every time I saw her on the hallways I just wanted to run away. I didn’t want to see her face and if we crossed and I couldn’t avoid it, I used to turn my head around” Jackson nodded. “I was that embarrassed”

 

“So you ended in the bad way?”

 

“Well… when we graduate I had a scholarship in a university in Japan so I fled. That’s when I meet Eunso. We had Illjung, our first child and he got sick one night, my wife was pregnant of our second child so I had to drive him to the hospital alone because he was in a very bad condition”

 

Jackson was looking around trying to find a nurse who can tell him how is Illjung’s health. He was having fever since this morning and they thought it was going to fade away but it never did. He was in a room but no one let him in to be by his side.

 

He spotted one at the end of the hallway.

 

“Excuse me” She turned around. “I want to know how is my son” Jackson said worry.

 

“Please, give me a second” She entered in the room.

 

The nurse went out with a partner and called him over.

 

“Yeah?” He asked.

 

“Chae, he wants to know the condition of the kid” She bowed to him and walked away.

 

Jackson couldn’t look away. It was Chaeyoung, she was checking some papers. She looked up at him.

 

She smiled. “Hi…”

 

“Hi…” He said.

 

“It’s your baby? He is really cute” She said and he only nodded. “He’s ok; we give him serum to offset the fever. He is sleeping now. I’ll talk with Dr. Kwon so you can spend the night with him, ok?”

 

Jackson nodded. “Thank God…” 

 

“Don’t worry too much. Everything is fine.” Chaeyoung said. “Here are the medcines you should buy” She handed him the papers she was reading. “I was supposed to write it down for you but now that you’re here...”

 

He took the papers and started to read. “You should write it down. I will not remember this”

 

Chaeyoung smile. “Take the paper with you. I’ll tell the Dr.”

 

“You won’t get in any problems?” Jackson asked.

 

“No… it’s ok”

 

Jackson didn’t talked for a few seconds. He haven’t seen her in years and now that she is in frot fo him again, he is feeling a kid once more. “Thank you Chae”

 

Chaeyoung smiled to him. “You’re welcome” ans she got inside the room again.

 

“She didn’t even show any kind of hate or resentment with me. She actually gave the best to heal my baby” Jackson continued. “The doctor said I couldn’t spend the night there but she convince her somehow”

 

Jaehyun only nodded.

 

“Not going to lie you, since I saw her that day all I wanted to do is grab her and kiss her, every single time my children got sick I went there… it was almost cruel to be a little happy that my kids went sick… but one day I saw myself with a family… three kids… a wife…a big house… a normal parenting life…” He looked at Jaehyun again. “If I moved on with my life, she also moved on with hers”

 

“Did it hurt you to see her with someone else?”

 

“Ah! That was straight to my heart!” Jackson admitted. “It was the worst. I never saw her, but I could hear her friends from the hospital talking about it. I was bitter”

 

“And you knew where did he hide her?”

 

Jackson nodded. “She was right here, in Jeju. I remember she told me her father had a touristic complex there. But, I remember those fact years later”

 

The guys stayed in silence only hearing the kids’ and grownups voices at the back.

 

“At the end of the day, you turned out well”

 

“Yeah” Jackson smiled. “I think I did” He made a long pause. “But it would’ve been better if she was here”

 

Jaehyun looked at him.

 

“I love my wife, I do… don’t get me wrong. I love my life… I just… sometimes I wonder how… what could’ve happen…” His voice trailed out slowly.

 

Jaehyun felt very bad for Jackson and he doesn’t want somebody to feel like that for him in the future if he gives up like that. He knows that the same things Jackson felt back then will be the same things he will feel in the future if he let this chance go. At the same time he felt Jackson was very admirable, the way he admitted to be regretful in that moment and the way he took forces out of nowhere to move on with his life even though he loves the one he lost.

 

It’s pretty painful.

 

“Honey!! Dinner is ready!!” Jackson’s wife made sign from the table so the would come closer.

 

“Ah, I think I should go” Jaehyun said, placing the empty can of beer on the table and standing up.

 

“Don’t you want to stay for dinner? Eunso cooks very well” Jackson looked up at him from his seat.

 

“It’s ok, I have to go back to my apartment early anyway” Jaehyun smiled. “One last thing… what advices do you give me?”

 

“You’re planning to continue with this?” Jackson stood up.

 

“Yeah… I will find her… I’ll do my best”

 

Jackson took a deep breath. “Remember every single little thing she told you. If you listen her stories and random conversations carefully. You’ll find her”

 

He nodded at him and both hugged. Well… he just won a friend there.

 

“I think Chae found the one” Jackson said, watching Jaehyun walked to his car.

 

“What you mean?” Jaehyun turned around at the sound of his voice and stopped walking.

 

“Coming here to ask her ex-boyfriend for advices… that’s love” He sounded teasing.

 

Jaehyun smiled and started to walk again towards his car.

 

Mistake number one: Give up so easily.

 

Lesson learned: Never give up so easily.

 

Advice: Listen to her, listen to her carefully.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Got7 Jackson had a cameo in this chapter. Yaay. 

So Jaehyun is trying to find her, which I think is super romantic and my heart feels so warm right now. I wish someone to do something like that for me :(.

ANYWAY. What you guys think until now? Are you liking it? I know it’s a bit weird but my imagination is weird, sorry about that but you can leave any comment.

NEXT CHAPTER will be Jimin’s chapter, so please look forward to it.

Stay save.