Chapter IX

Listen to you

 

 

 

Jaehyun did what Jungkook told him. After the guys and him eat the cake and talked for a while in his house, he dismissed them. He took a cold shower. The water combined with his tears and he didn’t notice he was crying. He was so stress, full of sorrow and hate. This is unfair and it’s hard to keep up. He needs to sleep, needs to have some time to chill but he feels that if he takes everything so calmly, Mr. Park will take that as a give up sign and he doesn’t want that. But he does feel weak, like all his body is lacking of strength.

 

He put on his PJ and lay on his bed, looking at the ceiling. This moment right here feels so good. He breathes deeply and he didn’t notice his eyes were closing.

 

Wait! You need to keep them open so you can focus!

 

But no… it’s impossible. He let his bones eased and the darkness took place.

 

“Jae?!” He heard Chaeyoung saying at faraway.

 

He turned around and she was peeking her head out of the kitchen. “What’s up?”

 

“Can you help me?” She said and went back inside.

 

Jaehyun stood up from the couch, leaving the magazine he was reading on the table and ran to his kitchen to help Chaeyoung. She was baking a cake and she was holding the tray. “Can you stretch that towel on the table so I can put this on top of it?”

 

“Why?” He does what she ordered nevertheless.

 

“Because it’s hot and I need it to cool down so I can decorate it”

 

“Wa, who is this for?” Jaehyun looked at the cake that smelled delicious.

 

“Lisa” She said. “Lisa’s birthday is tomorrow. I promise her I would bake her a cake. She likes when I bake”

 

“This smells so delicious!” He clapped his hands. “Since when do you know this stuff?”

 

“I spend most of the time with my housekeeper, she taught me to bake”

 

“Really?” He than repeated her answer on his mind. “Why are you always with her?”

 

“My dad works and travels a lot”

 

“What does he do?”

 

“He has a few tourist complex around the continent” Chaeyoung said as she was melting some chocolate.

 

“Wow, he has money then; why do you work?” He teased.

 

“Because that’s his money” She said and carefully, let a drop of chocolate fall on her finger. She got close to Jaehyun and he her finger, tasting the chocolate.

 

“So yummy!” He said, looking like a kid. “And where are his tourist complex?”

 

“You’re curious today, huh?”

 

“I just want to know everything about you”

 

“Then ask for stuffs about me, not my dad”

 

He kisses her lips quickly. “I already know stuff about you but not from your family”

 

Chaeyoung sighed and continue talking. “Well, he has one in Japan, another in Hong Kong, one in Singapore… I think I told you the other one”

 

“Yeah you did”

 

“Well, he rents apartments to rich tourist families and ta-da, that’s my dad’s job”

 

“And why he travels so much?”

 

“He likes to go to his American office often. I don’t know, he just likes it”

 

“Pour some white chocolate too” He said, changing the subject drastically.

 

*

 

They were sited right in front of the beach, the hard wind crashing against their faces. Jaehyun rolled at blanked around their bodies and got close to Chaeyoung to hug her. They were giving each other a bit of heat.

 

“Why did you decide to become an architect?”

 

Jaehyun breathe slightly, watching the sunset. “Well, one day I was with my dad. You know, I didn’t spend much time with him because he used to work so much. Day and night and extra hours. We weren’t that rich, to be honest. That day, he sat with me on the table, I was doing homework and… he asked to draw with him. He said to let my homework aside for a moment and play with him.” He made a pause and went on. “My mom was mad” He laughed softly, “but she let us play together because we never did. He said 'the one who made the best draw wins'. I got inspired, you know? I wanted to win. So when we finished. He told me to show mine and it was our house. Perfectly draw, with its’ flaws, its ‘details, the colors and structures. He was surprise. I would pay to see that face again. He said ‘you should be an architect son’ and that’s what I did” Jaehyun looked at her with a smile on her face.

 

“Because your dad told you to?”

 

He nodded. “I know it’s not that relevant. But, for me, my dad’s words were important”

 

“I understand” She said, caressing his hand that was resting on her thigh.  “My dad’s words are not that important for me” She said. “He doesn’t listen to me anyway”

 

He kissed her forehead. “Don’t be sad, my princess. Dads are a bit difficult. My dad wasn’t the best so… I can understand” He hugged her tighter. “What about you? Why you want to become a doctor?”

 

“Because I love to help people, I love to watch them feeling healthy and I want to be avail to save lives, protect my country, keep it save. Being a hope for people… and my dad doesn’t want it” She giggled.

 

“Your dad doesn’t want you to be a doctor?”

 

She shook her head. “No, he wants me to get in charge of his touristic business. But I don’t want to. I don’t want him to control my life in that level”

 

“Control your life?”

 

“Kind of… honey” She grabbed him by his cheeks. “My dad is so annoying that if he found out about us, he probably would ship me to another country” She laughed softly and he did the same.

 

“What?” Jaehyun woke up. It was around 3AM. He sat on the bed and looked outside the window, then his clock to check the real time. He stood up and went to the kitchen to find a glass of water. He suddenly feels dry and tired even though he slept the regulatory six hours. He walked to his living room and supported her right hand on the couch and the other holding the glass.

 

“Please don’t stop…” He whispered. He turned around so he could take the glass back to the kitchen and rested his body on the frame.

 

“So, what about this one?” Chaeyoung said, looking different suit designs.

 

Jaehyun moved his head from left to right, not very convinced. “I think white doesn’t fit me at all”

 

“You would look like an angel” She said and moved to the next. “This is super cute, even though it's all black!”

 

He made a face while nodding. “Ok, that one will do”

 

Chaeyoung took it and handed him. “Go” She said moving her hands. “Go! Go!”

 

Jaehyun went inside the dress room and Chaeyoung sited on a big couch. No, they were not testing marriage suits, they were just getting ready for a party with Jaehyun’s boss and co-workers and they wanted to look good. She hasn’t picked a dress yet but she was more excited to see Jaehyun tasting suits than her tasting dresses.

 

When the courtins opened, she saw a prince. A beautiful prince. He was wearing a beige turtle neck sweater and the black jacket, dark pants and shiny black shoes with a white star on it, he said he has to have something of his somehow. He had his forehead showing as his hair was a bit lifted. Oh my God, if she was in love in that moment, she is Jaehyun’s trash now.

 

She stood up, her lips partially open. “You look so handsome”

 

“You think?” He asked, looking at himself in one mirror placed at his right side.

 

She nodded her face and her eyes got a sort of glitter.

 

Jaehyun smiled at him, getting a bit shy. His cheeks were getting pink.

 

“You look like a prince” She clapped her hands together and took them to a side of her cheek.

 

“Yeah, I need a princess, you know?”

 

“Can I be your princess?” She raised her hands like a little kid and jumped slightly on her place.

 

“You already are”

 

Jaehyun smiled at the emptiness. He placed the glass of water slowly on the counter. “That was a good day”

 

“I'm waiting...” Jaehun was sited in the same couch Chaeyoung was minutes ago. He already took off the suit and let the lady of the store know they would take that.

 

He was playing with his tablet when he heard the courtins opening. 

 

He was shock. He went from Chaeyoung's boyfriend to Chaeyoung's trash real quick too. He scanned her slim and curvy body until he arrived to her face where a huge shy smile was showing. His jaw touched the floor, or at least that it what he felt.

 

“You look...”

 

She bit her lower lip waiting the next word as her cheeks were turning pink. Yeah, they are so cute when they still feel that butterfly sensation on their stomach even though they have 7 months together.

 

“Like a princess” He said. 

 

She covered her face, she felt so shy and giddy. “That means you like it”. She was wearing a short black dress with a huge belt made of stone and stars that defined her tiny but curvy waist.

 

“I love you” It took seconds for him to notice what he said and he was so red and shy. Oh my God. He cleared his throat. “Love it...”

 

“I know you do”  She smiled and he smiled back, hiding his red cheeks behind his hand.

 

The bell sounded. He checked the clock of the living room and he saw it was 4:14AM, who can possibly be at this time of the morning? He walked slowly to the door and doubted for some seconds on open it, but he did it anyway.

 

It was Taeyong.

 

“What happen?” He said letting him in.

 

“I had with Jennie” Taeyong suddenly said. “I know I shouldn’t be telling this, because that’s a jackass move but you’re my friend and I need to take out this feeling”

 

“What feeling?”

 

“Happiness feeling!” Taeyoung said and Jaehyun smiled.

 

“You came here only to tell me that?”

 

“Yeah… I want to tell you everything, except the juicy part”

 

“Then, it’s not fun!” Jaehyun pouted.

 

“I will not tell you the juicy part. It’s only for me”

 

“Ok , ok!” Jaehyun walking to the kitchen. “Do you want something to drink?”

 

“Yeah sure” He said. “Were you up? Were you doing the thing Jungkook told you? Did it work? Did I interrupt?”

 

“Yes. Yes. Yes and yes” Jaehyun said placing the beer on Taeyong’s hand. “But it’s ok... I got nothing anyway”

 

“Oh, dude, I’m sorry”

 

“Tell me everything” Jaehyun shook his head.

 

Taeyong clapped his hands together. “So... we were in the restaurant...

 

Jennie and Taeyong had an amazing date and let me tell you about it.

 

They went to a fancy restaurant that Taeyong picked that day and got a beautiful and comfortable dinner. It was not awkward at all, giving the fact that they had a very long time without seeing each other or even talk to each other due to Jaehyun-Chaeyoung situation.

 

Jennie laughed. “I know it’s super ridiculous but I just can’t take it”

 

“Balloons? Serious a phobia to balloons? That’s new” Taeyong said.

 

“Stop teasing me!” She said but she wasn’t mad, she was more like embarrassed. “I shoulnd’t have said that”

 

“Ah, its ok, do you want to hear mine?”

 

“Like you have no idea” She lifted one of her eye brows.

 

“I have a phobia to…”

 

“Someone touching the eyes” Jaehyun rolled his. “You’re such a Rachel Green”

 

“Dude, that’s disgusting like, seriously disgusting... Don’t!” Taeyong yelled when he saw Jaehyun taking his finger to his eyes. “Dude!! No!!” He covered his face.

 

He laughed. “You’re a little girl, seriously”

 

“Yeah but you didn’t say that to Chaeyoung when she told you she had the same phobia” Taeyong rolled his eyes this time, letting out a soft ball of air from his mouth.

 

“You know, she’s my girlfriend and ah… she is a girl”

 

Jennie laughed as he clapped her hands. “No way! That’s silly” She said. “Chaeyoung has the same phobia, I always ” She took his fingers to her eyes and Taeyong cringed.

 

“Stop please, just don’t!”

 

Jennie didn’t stop which forced Taeyong to stand up and walked over to her to stop her. He took an hold on her arm as both were giggling playfully. Taeyong got on his knees to get closer and Jennie was also playing around with her arms. In a moment, both of them stayed in silence only aching each other’s eyes.

 

“You have pretty eyes, you know? You shouldn’t touch them” He made a face.

 

“You are so cute” She got close to him to give him a quick kiss on his lips.

 

Taeyong cheeks burned in flames.

 

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh!” Jaehyun was laughing nonstop but also he felt so freaking satisfied. Taeyong finally get out of the shell. “So cute!” He covered his face. “I would pay to see that!”

 

“I was so nervous, she then asked…

 

“What are we going to do next?”

 

“What you want to do?”

 

They grab each other’s hands and walked outside the restaurant.

 

“Can we go to your place? Or mine?”

 

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!” Jaehyun yelled loudly. “Jennie is savage”

 

“I love her…” Taeyong said in a cute tone.

 

“She is cute, you’re cute, I think you will look good together”

 

“I know right. We went to her apartment and we… did it but whe stepped in front of a mirror in her bedroom and we do look good”

 

“Dude” Jaehyun said. “Congratulation. Mark told me you did something stupid but guess what? You overcome that”

 

“Yeah I-” He made a pause. “Mark told you?!!!”

 

“Yeah” He answered. “You told Jennie you were dating and it was a stupid lie, I felt so angry at you, but now I’m proud”

 

“I’ll kill Mark”

 

“Why? You didn’t want to tell me?”

 

“I thought you were going to send me to Australia with only one kick”

 

“I-”

 

“So… who taught you Korean? Your mom?” He asked Roseanne, one day that they were getting dinner.

 

“No… I learned alone” She answered. “But it was so funny because my accent was funny and when I moved from Australia, trying to speak without the accent was hard”

 

“You know, because sometimes you are so violent and stuff… so”

 

“Taeyong… can you call to the airport and tell them to save a ticket to Australia, the first one in the morning?” He jumped from his couch and went running to his room.

 

“Why?!!” He said, taking his phone out.

 

“I’m going to Australia!!”