Chapter X

Listen to you

 

 

 

She is not in Australia.

 

Jaehyun rested his head on the backrest of the couch he was sitting on in the airport. He breathe slowly and he keeps getting tired and sad. His body aches, his back is hurting him, he doesn’t even eat properly. He massaged his neck while his eyes still close. He wasn’t thinking on anything else but on how moving on, how he can keep up with this? Should he challenge his health for this? Is it really worth it? Damn, he feels so wrong for asking himself this when he knows Chaeyoung must be waiting for him. Would she understand how he feels? Would she do the same if it was him in her position? Wow, he is really in the edge of giving up.

 

“The earth is such a little place” He heard a female voice getting closer to him. He waited for some minutes to compose his mind and to have strength to stablish a conversation with someone else. He looked her up and saw Seulgi.

 

The girl from the club.

 

He sat straight. “Hey..” He said.

 

“Wow! You are so happy to see me, huh?” She took a seat next to him.

 

“Don’t take it the wrong way. I’m just a bit tired”

 

“Is there something wrong?”

 

Jaehyun made silence. “There are so many things wrong” He giggles softly, some irony on the sound. “But let’s not talk about that. What are you doing here?”

 

“Vacations!” She said, lifting both arms. “My boss finally accepted my request and I have some time for myself”

 

“You came here alone?”

 

She nodded. “Yeah… because why not!”

 

“You look so happy” He said. “I wish I was you”

 

“Say that right… you wish…” she pointed at his chest. “…to be with me” She winked. “That’s the real phrase right there”

 

He smiled at her. “Yeah right”

 

“Are you leaving already?”

 

“Yeah, I’m going back”

 

“Why?” She pouted. “The sunny Australia wants you here”

 

He looked at her. Her smile is kind of cute and it makes her look like a child when she speaks with enthusiasm about things.

 

“Come with me to touristic stuffs. I know you have a girlfriend we’ll hang out as friends”

 

He didn’t say anything and placed his hands on his laps. He was really thinking about the propose.

 

“You looked tired and sad… you deserve some free time”

 

“Ok” He suddenly said. “Let’s do it!”

 

Yeah, let’s do it because why not. It took only three minutes for him to decide if he wants to do it or not but for him it looked like a life time. Making questions on his inner self if this means he is lowkey giving up or just thinking about his mental health for a bit or just going with a friend to have a peace of mind. He really doesn’t know what were the motives that push him out of the couch and right to lose his flight back to South Korea.

 

He has been walking Australia nonstop since he imagined she would be here but she doesn’t. The touristic complex is rented by a Chinese family and the person in charge had said that Chaeyoung hasn’t come here since two years ago, which can probably be the time she came with Jungkook. Uhh… he promise himself he would not get jealous with the guy’s little stories but here he is thinking on what could possibly happen while she was in a relationship with those three…? Like… the things they do right now? Argh! He can’t take that thought of his mind. But at least that made him understand that this was just something to give him peace of mind. He is not thinking on giving up because he doesn’t want be the poor kid that lost he’s chance just like Jackson, Jimin and Jungkook because sorry guys, he likes you and all but that’s what you looked for him, the poor kid which dreams couldn’t accomplish and he can’t take that happen to him.

 

Seulgi was such a nice girl and she was trying to make him feel happy and relax, and maybe that’s what he needs to continue with this trip. She made him go with her to the hotel where she rented the room. Jaehyun wasn’t that convinced to get inside but she assured him she doesn’t bite… at least right now. 

 

“Why don’t you change your clothes or something?” She asked while changing hers in the room.

 

Jaehyun was sited on the living room, far as possible. “Uh… yeah… maybe later”

 

She went out of the room wearing a pink dress and white sneakers. Her hair was straight, falling on her back. She looked pretty.

 

“How do I look?” She asked, modeling for him.

 

He nodded slowly. “You look good”

 

“Now, it’s your turn. Go and get a shower and change”

 

“Just if you promise to stay here”

 

She rolled her eyes while smiling. “Don’t you trust me?”

 

“I’m a little girl when I’m around girls” He jokes. “Pinky promise?” He said showing her his finger.

 

After she promise him she would stay outside, he went inside the bedroom and got inside the bathroom. He showered as fast as he could. He checked his bag to see what kind of fresh thing he could used and picked a black jean and long sleeves shirt. He shook his head to dry his hair. He didn’t want to dress so fancy for a few hours.

 

Because he was planning to stay for a few hours.

 

He went out of the room and Seulgi’s face got bright at his mere sight. Ok… he was simply dress but he is so handsome that anything can fit him.

 

“Wow” She said. “So handsome!”

 

Jaehyun’s cheek went pink. “It’s nothing” He let out a soft laugh.

 

“Well… you look amazing anyway. How can you do that?” She stood up from the couch. “Ready?”

 

“Yeah but what are we going to do?” He said, placing his bag beside the couch. “I’m planning on leaving tonight”

 

Seulgi made a face and growled. “Why leaving so fast?”

 

“Because this wasn’t my plan. I need to go back to work. I’m only here because is weekend”

 

“Ok ok, killjoy. Let’s just go and get some dinner. Will that kill you?”

 

He sighed. “No, it’s ok”

 

“Do you have afraid of me or something?” She asked him when they were walking out of the room.

 

He can’t tell her what he really thinks because that can actually insulted her. He is thinking this is a huge waste of time even though he took it as something to relax with… but he should be in South Korea, still trying to remember what he has to remember.

 

“No… I’m just worry about work”

 

When they arrived to the restaurant. Jaehyun was the gentleman he was. He pushed the chair for her and  then sat on his seat. They ordered food and she was crazy for a bottle of wine. The restaurant was pretty and had dim lights, candles on the tables and flowers all around. There were not so much people on the restaurant which make him feel a bit more comfortable.

 

“So… tell me what do you do for work? If you so stressed out to fly back it’s because you work is hugely important”

 

“It is” He said after taking a sip of his water. “At least for me. I’m an architect”

 

“Wow!” She said, clapping her hands. “A man with money, huh?”

 

He laughed. “A man with money? You’re funny”

 

She patted his shoulders. “Ah, don’t hide the fact you’re rich because that’s typical rich boy secret”

 

“Stop saying that” He giggled. “I just work hard that’s it. What do you do?”

 

“I’m a model” She smiled. “Do you read magazines?” She pointed at herself. “I’m a model of magazines”

 

“I only read design magazines, not fashion magazines. Maybe my girlfriend does know you”

 

She rolled her eyes but he didn’t notice it. “Yeah yeah, so how old are you? We never talk about that when we met”

 

“I’m 24 years old” He answered. “What about you?”

 

“22!” She made a V sign. “Do I look young?”

 

“You look like a 22 year old. It’s ok”

 

“And what do you like to do?”

 

“Is this an interview?”

 

“Just answer!” She said, whining cutely. “Stop being all insecure about me. I just want to chat”

 

He smiled. “I’m sorry… ok, what do I like to do?” He looked up at the ceiling. Like thinking and then spoke. “Sports… and draw… I think I don’t like too much things”

 

“Ah so interesting!” She said. “I like to draw. Not very good though. You should teach me”

 

“I’m not very good at teaching”

 

“You look like you are”

 

So many questions and answers were give that night. But Jaehyun felt kind of good anyway. It eased his pain, eased his stress, eased his mind. He was ready to go back to South Korea and keep working on finding Chaeyoung.

 

Seulgi is not a bad girl after all. She is cute, nice going and chatting. You can’t dislike her or get boring around her. It was a simple dinner and he felt good. For the first time he really forgot about all the drama and pain he felt since a while now.

 

They went back to her room and sat on the couch still chatting. They served some drinks and spend a good time.

 

”Stay” She said, after they laughed. “Just tonight, you’ll go tomorrow”

 

“I don’t know” He said, placing the cup of wine in the central table.

 

“Come on Jaehyun!”

 

He looked at the clock and indeed it was a bit late for him to go running to the airport, so he decided to spend the night on the hotel before going back.

 

“Can you give me some blankets then?” He asked. “I’ll sleep here in the couch”

 

“Sure. I’ll let the maid know” She said and then smiled. “Is it decided then, you’ll stay?”

 

“Yeah, tomorrow morning I’ll go to the airport”

 

“Yay!!!!!”

 

Jaehyun fixed the couch comfortably enough for him to sleep tonight. The couch is big and soft, it would be easy to fell sleep here. He took his phone and dialed the airport’s number to save a ticket for South Korea; the person who answered the call told him that the first flight to Korea is around 11 AM, which is perfect because as tomorrow is Monday he has to be in his work place at 4 for an important meeting. He hangs off the phone and turned around to see Seulgi dressed with a short dressing gown right in front of him.

 

“Did you call?” She asked.

 

“Yeah” He said, directly.

 

She sat on the table and crossed her legs, a little provocative. “At what time you go? So mean!” She pouted.

 

Jaehyun wanted to ignore all those acts. Seriously. “Eh…” He said, walking behind the couch away from her and standing up on the other side. Seulgi had to turn her body around. “My flight is tomorrow at 11AM, so I have to be in the airport around 10AM kind of”

 

She stayed in silence for a while and stood up. “We need to go and sleep now then, so we can wake up early”

 

Jaehyun squeezed his lips against each other and nodded. She got close to him and quickly wrapped her arms around his waist, taking her body close to him. He stood still with hands on his pocket.

 

“I’ll miss you” She said, looking up to him.

 

Jaehyun kept looking at her and nodded one more time.

 

“Good night” She winked at him and walked back to her bedroom, closing the door.

 

He let out a great among of air from his lungs and made sure she closed the door. He placed his hands on his forehead and slowly caressed his hair back. Oh crap. He shouldn’t have come here. Her intentions are a bit out of place and he is a guy that haven't had that kind of action in a while so.. would he fall if something comes up? He doesn’t know and he hopes he won’t. He doesn’t want to find out or anything like that, he just wants to wrapped the blanket around his body and force his eyes closed to sleep, woke up the next day to ran away from there and go back to South Korea keeping his sanity and fidelity intact.

 

And that’s what he did. After he put an alarm on his phone, he wrapped the blanket around his body like a sad burrito and closed his eyes.

 

Not very later he felt so hot. Like burning up. He took the blanket off his body and let it fall on the floor. Who the hell put the heat so high in this room? Maybe it’s him being all nervous about the fact the hours has been passing so god damn slow now.

 

He felt wet kisses on his neck and then warm hands on his cheeks. He frowned while his eyes was still closed. He felt a weight on top of him and he couldn’t avoid but opening his eyes and seeing Seulgi right there.

 

He supported his body with his elbows.

 

“What are you doing?” He kept his calm.

 

She smiled. “Making you feel better”

 

“Why are you doing it while I’m sleeping?” He said, kind of sarcastic. This really looks like she is him or something. But why is he not alarmed?

 

“Because if I do it while you’re wide away, you’ll reject me”

 

“And you think I won’t reject you right now?”

 

She took the dresses gown off, leaving her body totally . “Go ahead”

 

He stood there with his lips slightly open. Ok, he can’t deny she is so gorgeous and that she has a great body. He can’t deny that he wants this kind of action. Oh God, what to do? His heart is going crazy with so many doubts about this.

 

While he was immersed on his mind, she slowly got close to him and kissed on his lips. While grabbing his hands and placing them both on her .

 

He isn’t noticing but he is letting himself go.