six

Force Of Will

SONG: 11.11 xD

 

TAEYEON POV

6 months and I haven't got you off my mind. Girls around me, to and fro, no difference. When will you return? Perhaps you're leaving for good this time.

Walking into the kitchen, whipping up my glass from the lower section of the cabinets and pushing it against the water dispenser located just right where my height wasn't an issue. Leaving myself isolated from social media platforms and hiatus ever since she was gone, I wonder what my fans would speculate. I lifted the cup nearer to my mouth taking a sip of the plain solution. Exhaling, I sat down on my couch turning on the television. It was one of the only things that could differentiate a caveman and I.

The doorbell rang. Oh wow, who could that be? Sooyoung? Why won't she ever learn that im alright. Yul? She's over concerned, I wouldn't die because a lady wouldn't accept my love. Sunny? That shorty. I could always count on her about personal stuff but never this. The other members? Well, it's kinda unlikely Hyoyeon and Seohyun would turn up,  they'll just ask the others to do so. Probably Yoong? She's neutrally...I don't know.

" Hey. You alright?" Sunny peeked in as I opened the translucent glass. " Hiatus for 6 months... It's kinda serious." She added.

I tossed a packet drink to her, it probably stood in the refrigerator for as long as I hiatus-ed.

" look, Tae-", before Sunny could continue her "Long talks", I interrupted. Of course, 6 months of incessant talking, I can't take it.

" if you're gonna continue that talk of yours, you can give up." I crossed my arms, annoyed.

" Well...she's coming back." Sunny stared into my eyes, as if she's staring into my soul.

" Really? When?" I questioned.

Why was I so excited, enthusiastic, everything. The rush of emotions inside of me was real. I didn't wanna suffer rejection again but I was still excited to see her, my love, Best Friend, everything.

" Tommorrow." Sunny frowned a little, knowing another rejection would slap Taeyeon right in the face leaving her scarred thrice. " she's even planning a reunion lunch sorta thing. Sooyoung's place. 12."

" right, thank you." I led Sunny to the door and waved goodbye, exactly how I did it to her, when she was leaving me, for the states. I couldn't picture how she rejected me in the first place.


I met her in the team, where we were placed together, named Girls Generation. Sang Into the new world on the stage for the first time in 2007. The moment I saw her, I knew I liked her. I denied. How would a teenager me accept the fact that I liked girls instead of guys when all my classmates were gossiping about how handsome one guy was. I was and am certainly devastated about my orientation. I was born sinned, according to the bible which she believed in.
We sang, we did every single thing together. We were even roommates during our trainee days. I guess it was fate that we met and became best buds. I loved her, discreetly. I knew she wouldn't feel the same but I still confessed when we reached the age of 28. I thought she did too, she wasn't even dating a guy when we were that age. She did have exes, I did too. It wasn't a factor. She could have been like me, someone who spent her youth denying herself of her true self.

When we had lunch together and I got drunk with bottles of red wine ordered, I blurted it out. I just did. It wasn't accidental. I said it intentionally with feelings. She brought me to the washroom because I was creating a fuss at that 5 star restaurant in the eye of the public. It was obvious pure rejection.

" what do you mean you like me? How could you say that. We're in a public area Taengoo!"

" I'm serious. Fany ah."
I placed my hands on her shoulder. Maybe I stood a chance?

" I don't know Tae..."

I let go, turned around and left the washroom for home. " I don't blame you. I am a mistake"

Haha, I did blame myself for loving the wrong person. Born sinned but it's okay. The problem was that everything will be awkward from now on.
She left for states the next day. Such a rush, probably to escape from me, a terrifying burden to her.
Yes, she grabbed her luggage and left through that translucent door that I will never step out from.

I miss her so badly and I can't get over her. It has been six months taengoo. Six.