1

Can It Be Me?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here it is again, the look in your eyes that tells me you are alone.

The bell just rang and Min Yoongi sighed deeply as he approached his desk at the very back of the room, setting his distance away from his classmates. "Yah hyung, class barely started and you're already sighing?" A deep voice asked in front of him in amusement.

"I'm still sleepy Tae..." Yoongi answers in a raspy voice, head still down on his desk as an indication that he'd rather be asleep than be engaged in small talk. He was too tired to do anything actually. Taehyung lightly pats Yoongi's head before turning to face the board where their teacher was already standing, ready to start class.

The thing with Yoongi is that he can sleep during the whole class and still get a perfect mark, which is something all his friends are jealous about him. So all the teachers don't bother waking him up since he's capable of passing all his classes. He's mid way into his wonderland of dreams when a tap on his shoulder wakes him up.

"Huh?" He groans as he lightly scratches his eye, internally cursing the person who dared to disturb his slumber.

"Hyung we got a class project," Taehyung informs him helpfully.

"And? You could've told me at the end of class, we're going to be partners anyways," Yoongi yawns, getting ahead of himself.

"Well the thing is, the teacher already picked it for us," Taehyung flashes him a playful grin, knowing how much Yoongi dreads intracting with people he doesn't know. "My partner is Jimin," Taehyung nods toward the student at the front of the class, giving him a little wave.

"Then who's min-"

"Hey there," Without much warning, the guy sat at the empty table next to him, and Yoongi did not know how to react. It was the popular kid, Kim Seokjin. He's known for his beautiful looks and his beautiful personality. Taehyung took this as a cue to go sit with Jimin, not forgetting to leave the two of them with a smile.

It was quiet. Yoongi, who's a bit anti-social, was stuck in his seat, unsure how to start the conversation between them. Thankfully Seokjin was nice enough to break the ice, his plump lips slightly parted, giving Yoongi a smile as he scoots his desk closer to him.

"Since you were asleep, would you like me to give you a run-through?" Seokjin offers. Yoongi nods and lets him explain.

He finds the situation a bit funny. Min Yoongi, the quietest student in school, who barely talks to people. Is partners with Kim Seokjin, the most lively, out going person in school. Two polar opposites. After Seokjin finishes his explanation, he gives Yoongi the papers that informs them about what they need to do.

"You know you don't have to do this project with me, I can just do it by myself and add your name to it," Yoongi suggests. He always said this whenever he got partnered up with students he's not familiar with, and they're more than happy to oblige whenever he asks them. So Yoongi was a bit suprised when he got a different response from Seokjin.

"Hey, don't take all the burden to yourself, we're supposed to do this together," Seokjin gently scolds him, suprised that Yoongi would even say something like that.

"I'm used to doing it that way..." Yoongi admits. Seokjin gives him a look of sympathy and leans in.

"Non-sense, we're doing this project together and that's final. Besides..." Seokjin stops, unsure how to tell him this. Yoongi raises a brow as an indication for him to continue. "Besides, I've wanted to get to know you for a while now," Seokjin scratches the back of his head as he flashes Yoongi a sheepish smile.

He's just being nice, Yoongi thought, but something about Seokjin tells him that he's sincere about what he said. So Yoongi just nods, desperate to hide the flush that's creeping up on his face. Yoongi thanks the heavens because the bell rang, saving him from the awkward situation. Seokjin stood up, arms out in a stretch.

"So, after school?" he asks as he packs his stuff.

"Pardon?" Yoongi questions in genuine confusion.

"You know, for the project?" Seokjin chuckles at Yoongi's flustered state."It's alright," he assures him. "Let's just meet later at the gate later, and then we can decide for things later on," Yoongi was about to reply when a screech echoed throughout the classroom.

"Seokjin hyung! Buy me lunch!" Seokjin rolled his eyes, but he couldn't stop a smile to form on his face.

"Alright Hoseok," he calls after him. "School gate, okay?" Seokjin reminds him again before leaving the classroom to join his very loud friend.

Healthy- too healthy. Yoongi blanched at the food that the cafeteria lady dumped on his tray. He scrunches his face as he follows Taehyung to their usual table. Their friend Namjoon, was too focused on the book that he was reading for him to notice that they're already in front of him.

"That's why hyung is too skinny, he only studies," Taehyung voices his concern out to Namjoon.

"Don't worry, he actually eats like a pig," Yoongi informs as he weakly scoops up the mushed greens. Wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter