Indestructible

Still Into You


Jessica woke up, feeling light headed as she realised she took down almost a whole bottle of wine by herself last night. She checked her phone to see the time, to her surprise she saw the text she thought she just imagined last night.

I miss you. 

A text from the person she least expected, but somehow it made her happy. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know what to say. Should she reply? Should she call her? She's stunned, moreover the fact that it's just 7:45am and she's not even fully awake yet and she is hungover.


She stood up and dragged herself to the bathroom, she washed her face and did her morning skin care routine, changed to comfy clothes and prepared to head to the gym. Just when she was about to leave, her phone rang. It was Krystal.

Hi unnie! Sorry I can't make it to the gym this morning. Jongin came over early, sorry unnie, I love you.

Krystal seems like she's in a rush that Jessica didn't even get to say anything as she dropped the call right away.

Jessica smiled a little bit, she doesn't feel like going to the gym after what the wine did to her. She lied down on her couch again as she took off her running shoes and dropped her gym bag and keys. 

She finally opened Taeyeon's message. Jessica finally had a sense of doubt, what if she was just drunk or just pranking her? But she knows Taeyeon isn't like that. She started typing, but she kept erasing it. She doesn't know what to say at all.


////////////////


Taeyeon was sitting at the back of her car. She tightly clutched her phone the whole drive back to the dorm. The event finished really late, she was tired and exhausted. But she was also anxious. She sent a text message that she never thought she'd send. What if she think it's just joke? Right after she came out of shower, Taeyeon clutched her phone tightly, silently waiting for any reaction from Jessica. At that point, she doesn't care what she would say. She only wants her to reply and let her her know that there's still a little bit of what they had before left. She wanted to know what Jessica feels, good or bad feelings.

/

The next morning, Taeyeon was texting with her mum, when she saw Jessica's message thread as seen, and typing
Taeyeon was ecstatic. But it returned to seen, then typing again. Taeyeon was anxious nervous. Until her phone finally rang.

It was Jessica.
Her fingers are trembling. After 2 years of no contact, she's calling her. Her caller name showed up on the screen. She was one swipe away. She didn't know that picking up a damn call could be this hard. Taeyeon froze right on the spot, any of her fingers seemed to be atrophied and malfunctioned. She can't get any of her damn frozen fingers to to swipe. 

Taeyeon missed the call. Stupid, she angrily uttered. When her caller ID disappeared, Taeyeon's fingers seem to have finally function again. She quickly tried to call her back, and to her surprised Jessica picked up right away.

"Hello?"
She heard Jessica greet on the phone. It was her usual solemn morning voice, with a hint of hungover as she could tell over the phone.

"Hello?"
Jessica said again as she heard nothing from the other side.

"Hello Jessica"
Taeyeon finally managed to utter something. She didnt stutter, but she showed a great deal of nervousness which Jessica quickly picked up from the other side. 

Both of them could her each other's loud and nervous breathing as silenced took over.

"How are you doing, Jessica?"
Taeyeon again said as she managed to gain her composure a little bit.

Jessica answered in a long silence. But Taeyeon knew enough that Jessica's still processing what's happening. Aside from hello, Jessica hasn't really said anything more than that.

After a long silence filled only with each other's heavy breaths, Jessica finally said something.

"Are you free today? Wanna go for coffee-muffin run like we used to?"

Taeyeon's lips crept in to a small smile. She quietly nodded as if she's talking to someone in front of her.

"I'll take that as a yes, Tae. 10am, same place."

Taeyeon was ecstatic. She her Tae, like nothing happened. Like how she used to call her before. 

"Yeah, sure. See ya soon." Taeyeon barely uttered. 

 

 

----------

 

 

I thought I unchecked hide chapter but obviously I didn't? Sorry guys :( 

 

Comments?