Chapter 5

Love Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since you got home all you could do was sit in the living room lost in your thoughts with questions flooding your mind. What had happened between him and Baekhyun? And what about Chanyeol's family? Who was this Kris person and the others? The pained look on Chanyeol's face was one thing you couldn't erase from your mind. You waited patiently for him to return from wherever he and Jongdae had taken Baekhyun.

You eyed the time, it was 7:42PM. Suddenly you heard knocking on your door and you got up to answer it. On the other side was Chanyeol, he didn't appear hurt or anything just a little down. He gave you a small smile and you ushered him inside your apartment.

You followed him to your couch where the two of you sat down. “What happened?” Was the first question that came out of your mouth.

“Jongdae and I took Baekhyun to Suho, he's kind of like a leader to our group.” He begins to explain. “I was afraid Suho might kill Baekhyun but I had to reason with him so that wouldn't happen. And luckily since Suho is the kind of person who is really understanding he just had Baekhyun locked up away from doing any other harm to anyone else.” You could tell that he looked relieved by the decision but he still didn't seem like himself. You could almost say that he looked depressed.

You were going to ask something else but Chanyeol still had more to say. “Baekhyun and I go way back, he used to be a part of our group until he met Kris. Kris is one of the oldest vampires that I know of. He believes that humans only exist to keep the vampire race alive, he's manipulated god knows how many other vampires to believe this. And somehow, he and his minions got to Baekhyun. I don't know how but ever since he met Kris, he completely changed and it sickens me. But the worst part of it all is that he warped Baekhyun's mind up so much that one night he--” he paused. You could see him having a hard time explaining all this to you. His hands were curled into fists. Closing his eyes he let out a breath and continued, “Baekhyun and two of Kris' other men slaughtered my family, my mom, my dad and my older sister.”

You pressed your hand against your mouth, letting out a gasp as he told you this. This was the very reason why he hadn't told you about his family. Now you knew why because it was so painful for him. You wanted so badly to wrap your arms around him, giving him some sense of comfort. “Why would he do that?” You ask quietly.

His head was tilted downward, eyes still shut but you could see his shoulders begin to shake. “He was given orders to murder my family if I wouldn't join their group. Of course I wasn't going to join them but I didn't know that my families lives were on the line at the time. Had I known, I don't know? Would I have been able to save them?”

Your heart ached for him, you couldn't take it anymore and pulled his body towards you. He couldn't bring himself to look at your face but he pressed his head into your chest. You could feel his body shake and the soft sounds of him sniffling. “I'm so sorry,” you say, running your fingers in his hair in attempt to soothe him. For several minutes you held him, the sounds began to grew quieter until he was no longer shaking.

He pulled out of your embrace and sat back against the cushions again and said, “And this is why I do what I do, going after vampires like Kris and getting rid of them. I know doing that won't bring back my family but--”

You cut him off, you don't need to hear anymore of it. His reasoning behind what he did made completely sense to you. “They would be proud of you.” You say, believing that they would be happy that he was doing a good thing for the world.

He looked over at you like he couldn't believe the words. “You think so?”

“Yes I do,” you nod. “I mean who knows how many lives you've saved by getting rid of the ones who are just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter