Chapter 4

Love Bites
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up the next morning without the help of your alarm, you cursed forgetting to set it to wake you but luckily you still had quite a bit of time to eat breakfast, take a shower and get dressed. Images of last night flashed in your mind and you looked over to find that Chanyeol was still in your bed, fast asleep. Even then he looked so handsome, you felt the heat rise up in your cheeks as you studied his sleeping form. Half of the comforter draped over his form, making you pull it over more on his side to cover him up but you wondered in the back of your mind if vampires even felt cold like humans did. You didn't want to disturb him while he slept during the day so you slowly got out of the bed hoping it didn't make him wake up.

You shivered slightly as the blanket fell from your body, you bent down to gather the mess of clothes that littered the floor and put your clothing into your laundry basket in your closet then looked for a suitable outfit for work. Once you picked out your clothing you carried it with you to the bathroom and closed the door quietly behind you.

Deciding to take a quick shower would do you good. Warm water cascaded over your body, making you relax and let out a soft sigh. You picked up your favorite body wash and loofah to wash your body first. You nearly shrieked when you saw Chanyeol step inside the shower with you, you were so startled because of the water you didn't hear him open the bathroom door or pull back the shower curtain.

He let out a chuckle and said, “Did I scare you?”

You swat one of his biceps with your hand. “Yes, oh my god.” You pressed the same hand to your chest, feeling your heart race.

He wrapped his arms around your slender form and muttered his apologies for startling you and pressed a kiss to your temple. “Let me make it up to you,” he whispered into your ear. His arms fell away from your body and he grabbed the bottle of your shampoo from the rack and poured some into one of hands.

You turned your body around facing him, the water sprayed your back and he brought his hand up to your head, lathering the shampoo into your hair with both hands. Your eyes shut enjoying the feeling as his long fingers massaged your scalp. You waited a minute before rinsing the suds out of your hair and then he returned again this time with conditioner in his palm and worked his hands into your hair one more time.

After you finished rinsing that out you moved out of the way so he could wash himself but he seemed to have other plans. You could feel his lips latch onto your skin, his favorite spot seemed to be your neck or so you guessed. You felt the same pin prick feel, along with the slight pain as he bit down and harshly. That feeling of euphoria clouding your mind again just like last night as he fed from you, it made your knees feel weak. He moved his arms around you, locking you in place so you wouldn't fall. The feeling didn't last for very long, he away the remaining blood from the wounds and let the grasp on your waist go.

His eyes burned that dark red when you looked back up at him and his lips. “You taste so much better than any blood bag or animal I've ever fed from.”

It made you blush, you guessed that it was supposed to be a compliment and brought your hand up to the spot where he fed from feeling the two wounds. “I'm gonna have to get used to that.”

He hummed in response and got underneath the water and began washing himself, you took that time to climb out and wrap a towel around your body and another towel to wrap your hair up. You quickly dried your body and applied some lotion to it then began towel drying your hair when Chanyeol stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel to wrap around himself.

You looked into the mirror also seeing his reflection aside you. That was one thing very different from a lot of the vampire stories you had read before, it almost made you laugh. He noticed the amusement in your face and asked, “What's so funny?”

You shake your head and say, “It's just something I read in a book before, vampires not being able to be seen in mirrors, yet here you are.” You rub the towel around your hair one more time before hanging it over the towel rack and move back over by the sink to grab your hair brush.

Chanyeol was quicker than you, he already had it in his hand with his eyebrow raised at you and said, “So you thought I wouldn't be able to cast a reflection like those vampires in your book?” He stepped behind you and began brushing through your hair untangling the knots.

You shrug and reply, “I just wasn't sure.” The ones portrayed in your books all seemed a lot different than Chanyeol. Of course, you knew he didn't shine like diamonds in the sun and you were glad for that.

“Uh huh and are there any other things that you're curious about vampires? Just ask away and I'll gladly answer to the best of my knowledge.” He told you after he had finished brushing your hair and sat it aside by the sink.

You began getting dressed, thinking of the various things you wanted to know about him. “What about crosses, garlic and holy water? I already know you can't turn into an animal or bat like Dracula can.”

Chanyeol laughed and shook his head. “Baby there's a reason why all those books are called fiction. It's all bull. And even Dracula is based upon Vlad the Impaler. Please don't tell me you think vampires shine in the sunlight either. Twilight was probably the worst damn vampire story I've ever heard of.”

You flush embarrassed. “No I know you don't shine in the sunlight. It's just good that you can actually tell me about how real vampires are.” There were a few other things you really wanted to know about him but you figured you could ask another time since you had to get ready for work plus you could hear the sound of your stomach grumbling. “I still have a few questions but those can wait. I need to eat and leave for work.” You say and open the bathroom door, the chilly air makes you shiver. You suddenly remember that the blinds are probably wide open from the previous morning and you turn to tell him, “Give me a minute to go close the blinds in the living room before you leave the bedroom.”

“Sure, take your time,” he says. You can see him running his fingers through his black hair and looking into the mirror.

You pick up his discarded clothing off your bedroom floor and lay them on your bed for him to dress in and hurry out of the room, closing the door behind you and go to close the blinds. Once they're all closed, it looks a lot darker in the room and you go to open the bedroom door. He's already dressed and waiting. “You can come out now.”

Glancing at the clock in your room, you've got about 30 minutes until you need to leave so you use that time to go into the kitchen make yourself some coffee and figure out what to eat for breakfast. Chanyeol joins you in the kitchen, watching you flit about making something for lunch while you nibble on a piece of toast. “You're so adorable when you're focused.” He says, pressing his body against your back and wraps his arms around your waist.

You in a breath, you find it very distracting with him doing that as you make your lunch for work. You wonder how he's not tired, usually during this time he would be sleeping. “How are you still awake? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?”

“Usually I would be but I just can't pass up the time to spend with my mate,” he states and leans his head in to kiss your cheek.

You finish making your lunch and Chanyeol lets go of you so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter