Dear Stranger [BAEKYEOL]

We Are One

Type: Fluff

Pairing: BaekYeol

 

10 September 2014

Dear Stranger,

            I saw you for the first time today. I don’t know if you noticed me, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of you. Maybe it was weird that I kept staring at you, but I couldn’t help myself; you had this fluffy brown hair and the most adorable smile. Not to mention your smooth voice and your endearing laugh.

            Stranger, I may never see you again and we may never meet, but in writing this letter, I hope that maybe, somehow, fate will give me the opportunity to tell you all of the things that I have written for you here. You see, Stranger, I am not usually the love letter type, but I can’t get you out of mind. I can’t stop thinking about you. Who are you? What do you do? Are you a student at the same university as me? What are you interests? Your goals? Your passions? I want to get the chance to know everything about you, if you will let me.

I need to see you again.

Newly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

27 September 2014

Dear Stranger,

            I saw you on campus again today. You really are a student here, aren’t you? Does that mean that I will get to see you more often? I hope so.

            I tried to work up the courage to talk to you, but then I realized that I didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t exactly go up to you and say, “hey, I saw you on campus before and I thought you were gorgeous. By the way, I am Park Chanyeol”. What if you laughed in my face? What you thought I was creepy? Honestly, just writing that made me feel uncomfortable. Is this whole love letter thing weird? Should I stop writing them? It is not like you will ever see them anyway.

Inquiringly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

14 November 2014

Dear Byun Baekhyun,

            I can’t believe that I finally know your name. I can’t believe that I got to hear you sing…you’re incredible!

            I was there at the music showcase. I heard the song you sing and I think that I fell in love. Maybe that is too soon - I don’t even think that you know who I am – but I can’t help but think about what my future might be like with you in it.

            Did you see me perform? I was the tall, lanky guy with the guitar. Maybe I am not as good as you, but I like to think that I am okay. Maybe we can collaborate some time? Could you imagine the way your voice would sound with mine? I would like to think that our relationship would be as nice as our voices would sound, a perfect harmony. If I wrote lyrics about all of the things that you make me feel, would you sing them with as much passion as you sung with tonight, where your eyes close and you sway to the music, your face twisting with emotion?

            Baekhyun…Byun Baekhyun.

            What are you doing to me?

Admiringly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

30 November 2014

Dear Byun Baekhyun,

            I spoke to you for the first time today. Well, you actually spoke to me first, but that doesn’t even matter. You complimented me on my singing and you gave me a smile that made my stomach feel heavy and my heart feel light. The way my name sounded coming from your lips…I have never felt as proud of being Park Chanyeol as I had in that very moment. You shook my hand before you left and my palm hasn’t stopped tingling since we parted ways.

            God, Baekhyun. I don’t even know what to do with myself anymore. All I can think about is what you are doing right now. Are you as preoccupied with thoughts of my voice, my laugh, my looks, as I am with yours?


Longingly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

6 December 2015

Dearest Byun Baekhyun,

            It has been a while since I wrote a letter to you, hasn’t it? You have never seen these, but when I found them in my old things, I couldn’t help but write to you again. I was so in love with you when I first wrote to you, even if I had no idea who you were, but now…now my feelings for you are beyond words. In all of this time that we have been dating, I have learned to love everything about you; the way you wiggle your hips as you cook, the way you smile at me in the mornings, the way that you always have something sassy to say. I love all of it. I love all of you.

            Byun Baekhyun, we moved in together yesterday and I know that I am luckiest man in the world because I have you in my life. That sounded really cheesy didn’t it? I almost scribbled it out, but I know how much you love it when I am cheesy, even if you will never admit it. When I said in an earlier letter that I kept thinking about my future with you, none of those imagined situations could compare to the reality of being able to hold you as we fall asleep, of knowing that you will be there for me to hold and cherish and that you will hold and cherish me in return. Nothing I had ever imagined could have compared to feeling of loving and being loved by you.

            You are my whole world, Byun Baekhyun. Don’t ever forget that.

Lovingly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

23 May 2016

Darling Byun Baekhyun,

            I almost lost you.

            We have never had a fight quite like the one that we had last week…I have never felt so much pain as I did the moment that you packed a bag and walked out the door. Baek, I am so sorry for everything that I have done to hurt you and any of the things I might do in the future. No relationship is perfect, but we’re damn close.

            They say that you never know what you have got until it is gone, but that is bull. I have always known how important you are; how perfect you are for me. You are my everything, Baek. But now I know that I couldn’t live without you. Yeah, maybe I would survive losing you, but there would be no life without you. Nights would be cold and bleak without your back against my chest. The mornings would be dull without your giggles hidden behind your coffee cup. Life would be colorless and bland without you there to remind me of all of the beautiful things that life has to offer.

            Baek, I want to be the person that makes you smile and makes your heart flutter. I want to be the one that you trust and turn to when it feels like the weight of the world is pressing down on your shoulders. I want to be the one whose embrace you seek after a long day at work. I want to be your support, your comfort, your love.

            I messed up, Baekhyun, but I promise that, from this day forward, I will do everything in my power to make you happy.

Devotedly Yours,

Park Chanyeol

 

1 January 2017

My Baekhyun,

            When I wrote my first letter to you three years ago, you were a stranger who captured my mind and stole my heart. You were the one that I couldn’t get out of my head. You drove me crazy in all of the best ways.

            When I started dating you later that year, I realized that you were everything I never knew that I needed. You became my moon, my sun, and all of my stars. I fell in love with you and I have never stopped falling.

            Baek, we have been through so much in the last three years, but I wouldn’t trade any of it. All of that has led to this moment and there is nowhere that I would rather be. I want to be by your side forever. I want to love and support you until the day that I die. I want to be able to point you out in a crowd and say, “you see that man? The beautiful one that can light up a room with his smile and melt hearts with his voice? The man with the beautiful body and the gorgeous soul? The man who looks at me as though I am his everything? That is Baekhyun and he is the love of my life”.

            I am still not the love letter type, but I think that it is easier to tell you what I think when I have written it all down; I wanted to do this perfectly.

            You already know that I am cheesy, something I think you may love just a little bit more than you hate it, but when I found my old letters to you, I knew that I had to read them to you today and I had to share a new one with you. Baek, I want you to know how you have affected me from the very moment I laid eyes on you, from the moment I heard you sing, and from the moment I touched your skin. You have unraveled me and built me up in ways that no one else ever could or ever will. We have shared so many things over the years, but I am so happy that I can share my heart and life with you.

            Baekhyun, I love you. I love you so much.

            Thank you for loving me in return, for saying yes, for everything. There is no one that I would rather promise to spend the rest of my life loving than you, Park Baekhyun.

Forever Yours,

Your husband, Park Chanyeol


A/N: Hello, Everyone!

This is my first ever EXO fic and I thought it might be a simple and sweet way to start off this collection. I hope that you enjoyed it. 

I will also be posting this on a scenario blog that my friend and I run called The Scenario Duo. If you are intersted in reactions, ships, and self-inserts, then you might want to check it out.  

If you have any suggestions or requests, then please leave them in the comments! I love hearing from the people who read what I write!