Chapter 1

Don't Forget "Forever"

Eunjeong was walking down the busy street, the cold winter air piercing through the layers of clothes she was wearing. It was getting late but the city was wide awake. People constantly walked passed her. Some were walking with a destination in mind; others were strolling along, window shopping or spending time with each other. Eunjeong smiled at the children clutching to their mother's side. A relationship she thought of as beautiful. A bond between a child and their mother. 

Instead she was on the way to her favorite bakery in the city. She turned the corner to the alleyway where the bakery was situated. She had once thought that the alleyway was once creepy. Another sketchy, dark place she didn't really care for. She had never realized how wrong she was this time. She opened the light pink door to the bakery, the little bell on it rang, announcing a customer has arrived. The comforting smell of freshly baked sweets mixed with the bitter coffee she never drinks welcomed her. She smiled at the elderly couple sitting at one of the tables They were both sharing a piece of cake, smiles spread across their faces. She walks past the couple, up to the counter. She quickly asks the familiar worker for her usual, a piece of lemon cake topped with a sweet strawberry. 

She walks out the bakery, the bell announcing she was leaving, the paper bag in her hand. The cold air shows a sharp contrast to the warmth of the bakery. She noticed something right across from her. It looked like something against the brick wall. The features weren't noticeable in the darkness of the night. As she moved closer, she noticed it was a person. They were slumped up against the wall. The closer she got, the more she could hear their ragged breathing. 

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" Eunjeong knelt right in from of them. The person looked up at her, eyes wide, pleading. She noticed it was man. 

He started falling to his side, to the ground. His eyes were closing. Eunjeong quickly dropped the bag and tried to hold him up to his previous sitting position. His eyes were closed.

"Sire? Wake up. Come on lets go. I'll take you to the hospital." Eunjeong started shaking him. He grabbed her wrist softly, eyes slightly opened.

"No hospital. Please." His voice was quiet and hoarse. Eunjeong could hear the pain in it. 

Eunjeong didn't know why she decided to listen to the man but she helped him to his feet. She continued to quietly whisper to him to try and walk, to use his strength, that her apartment wasn't very far. The walk back wasn't very easy. Although it was usually a five minute walk. The man couldn't hold himself up, much less walk. He was basically dragged by Eunjeong for half of the way there. People around her would look over and stare for a little, but none of them offered her any help. She probably looked like some poor, desperate girlfriend carrying her drunk, good-for-nothing boyfriend home. 

Eunjeong fumbled with her keys in front of her apartment door. It was fairly difficult considering the man was basically unconscious. She pushed open the door, dragging the man inside. She settled his body on her couch. She hadn't really noticed how he was dressed until then. He obviously wasn't someone homeless. He had a nice, thick winter coat, a white button down shirt underneath, dark slacks, and dress shoes. He looked like he works at an office, somewhere professional. She took off the coat and laid it next to him. She continued to take off his shoes, leaving them next to the couch.

She moved his soft, light brown bangs away from his forehead. She knew he was running a fever. She frabbed a towel, soaked with cold water and placed it back on his forehead. She smiled at him. He looked peaceful. She grabbed a piece of paper and quickly wrote Here's some medicine and water. Take it as soon as you wake up. The bathroom is on the first door to the left if you need it. Feel better soon! She placed the note on the coffee table along with a glass of water and medicine. She also wrapped him up in an extra blanket she had.

She quietly went back to her room, locking the door behind her. She didn't know why she brought him here. He could have been a criminal for all she knew. As she was changing she remembered his eyes. Those wide brown eyes. They were so lost. Not only was desperation splattered across his face, she could hear it in his voice. 

A lost puppy.

That's what she saw in him. He looked like someone who needed help from a person. A helpless, lost puppy. She laid in her bed, thinking about the man in her living room. His features were soft. She had fallen asleep, hoping that he was going to be okay. She woke up again twice that night to change the towel on his head. To make sure that the man was still okay. 

That morning, Eunjeong woke up forgetting the fact that she took that man to her apartment last night. It wasn't until she could smell the pancakes being cooked that she remembered. After going to the bathroom to freshen up, Eunjeong walked out to the living room, the sweet smell of pancakes becoming stronger. She could see the coat and shoes in the same place she left them last night. She also saw the man in the kitchen cooking. 

"G-good morning?" Eunjeong stood at the counter, not wanting to get to close to the stranger. 

"Oh! Good mroning! I hope you don't mind me cooking. I wanted to thank you somehow for helping me." The man had a nervous smile on his face as he looked over at her. 

"I guess its okay. Um, how are you feeling? Did you drink the medicine?" Eunjeong looked over at the coffee table, spotting the empty glass of water. 

"Yes I did. I feel 100% better. Thank you. I was just over exhausted yesterday. Working too hard." Eunjeong heard a soft chuckle, "I'm sorry you were the one who had to deal with all of that." Eunjeong heard another chuckle, one that showed he was nervous. She hadn't realized how nice his voice sounded. It was deep but soft. Eunjeong found herself enjoying listening to the voice.

"Its okay. Its not like i could just leave you there."

The man chuckled again. "Yeah I guess that's right. Come sit down. The food's ready." The man turned around and smiled at her. He had an amazing smile. A smile that suited his soft features. A smile that made the man so much more approachable. Eunjeong was blushing as she sat down at the table. 

After a few moments of silence, Eunjeong asked the man, "What's your name?" 

"Kim Junmyeon." The man- Junmyeon -flashed another smile at her. "And you?" 

"Park Eunjeong." There was silence as they continued to eat. 

Junmyeon finished first. He cleaned up his plate and placed it in the sink. "I realized that you don't own coffee or a coffee maker. Do you not drink it?" He was leaning against the counter by the sink looking at Eunjeong.

"Not really. If I do, I sweeten it a lot. I don't like the bitter taste of it." Eunjeong walked up to the sink and placed her plate in it. "Thank you for breakfast. It was delicious." She smiled softly at Junmyeon.

Eunjeong was sitting on the loveseat across from her couch where Junmyeon was seated. "Thank you for not taking me to the hospital. I know bringing me here must've been a huge inconvience to you." He looked at her, sympathetically. 

"Its fine. I'm just wondering why you didn't want to go to one though. You were basically unconscious." Eunjeong could hear the worry in her voice.

"I just don't like having them waste their time with me. Especially since I'm just overworked. They could be helping someone who really needs it." He smiled at her. "Thankfully you were there to help me."

Eunjeong was leading him out of her apartment. "I hope you continue to rest Junmyeon. Work shouldn't be more important to you than you health." Eunjeong was holding the door open, watching him leave. 

"Thank you so much Eunjeong. See you later." He smiled at her before leaving and walking down the hall.

Eunjeong was so thankful that she decided to go out last night. She doesn't know what if was but something but something about him made her heart flutter. She didn't know if it were his dark brown eyes. Or the way his voice sounded. Or the way he chuckled when he was obviously nervous. Something about him made her blush and she just couldn't put her finger on exactly what it was. She was happy to spend her morning getting to know the stranger. Something about him sparked her interest. She doesn't know why but she found herself hoping that she would him again soon. 

 

I don't really know how long this story is going to be but I'm going to be using like all of my free time writing it. I'm trying to make this story and well written as I can and if anyone wants to give me some advice on the chapter than please comment down below! I'm really excited to be writing this and I can't wait to have it finished!