Ch. Eight

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yah, what take you so long?” Jinyoung who’s finally find Bomi in the kitchen come closer and ask her.

“Oh? Nothing, just want some water. You want to go home?”

“Mwoya, you kick me out already? Poor me, seems like it’s only me who miss spending time together.”

“Hahaha, what’s with your face.” Bomi didn’t dare to respond his jokes and just laughing at Jinyoung pouting face, “It’s not that. I just thought you were leaving since you come to find me here.”

“How can I sit still when you’re not coming for so long. Aigoo..” Jinyoung ruffled Bomi’s hair.

“I just wanted some water.” Bomi said shyly.

“Just how much water you drank that you didn’t even comeback after 15 minutes. Tsk tsk tsk. Ah Bom-ah, should we go and talk about the project? I really want to know what happened here.”

“Right now?”

“Oh, now. Why? Are you busy?”

“No, not really.” It’s just I’m kinda messy now since I’ve been traveling from afar, Bomi thought.

“Let’s go then.” Jinyoung grab Bomi hand and drag her to move with him.

“No.. No.. Wait a minute.”

“Why?”

Let me have time to touch-up at least, Jinyoung-ah. “I’ll tell Namjoo first.” Bomi tried to buy some time with it.

“Ah.. NAMJOO-YA, WE’RE GOING.” Jinyoung raised his voice and Namjoo get out from her room, “Okay Oppa. Have fun.”

“Done. Let’s tell Hyojin ajumma too and go.”

Bomi could only sigh and follow him to Hyojin ajumma room to excuse themselves.

“Ajumma.” Jinyoung called after knock on her room.

Hyojin Ajumma open the door, “Why Jinyoung-ah?”

“Ajumma, Bomi and I will go playing outside for a while. It’s okay right?”

“Of course, take your time. You two must be missed each other so much.”

“As expected our Ajumma is the best. We’ll get going then.”

“Okay, be careful you two.”

“Ne.” Jinyoung and Bomi answer in unison.

 

“Where should we go? You have idea?” Jinyoung asked.

“Hmm, just go to the park behind our school.”

“Ooh, good idea. Is that place still looking the same from the last we were there?”

“I don’t know, I never been there ever since we graduate.”

“I thought you always come here every New Year?”

“I am, but I didn’t go there.”

“Why? I thought you said that’s your favorite place? Or am I wrong?”

I like it there because I always find you there back then, “Yeah, it is. But since I only get to spending 5 days each time I came here, I just want to spend it with Hyojin Ajumma and the kids to the fullest. So I didn’t go around that much when I come here.”

“Right, that makes sense. You need to thank me then, you’ll get to go to your favorite place at least once again.”

“Hahaha, you take so much credit for yourself.”

“Woah, this is gonna brings back memories. I was really like that park too when we were in school back then.”

“Good place to not getting caught when you were skipping class isn’t it?”

“Did I tell you that?” Jinyoung laughed.

“Now that I think about it, I can’t believe I’m your friend really. You’re such a troublemaker while I’m the one who’s being a perfect example of good student.”

“I know right. But we’re such a perfect match, Bbom, we can’t help it but become friend with each other.”

“Yeah.” Bomi not really sure is she happy or not with that statement.

 

“We’re close. Come on, Bbom.” Jinyoung running to the park and gesturing his hand so Bomi follow him quickly.

“He’s so energetic that Jinyoung.” Bomi murmuring and follow him behind.

“OH!” Jinyoung shock with something and makes Bomi curious, “Why?”

“Bbom, look.” Jinyoung pointed at something on his right.

“Oh, they lock the path now.” Bomi saw the fence that blocks their way to school backyard.

“Someone must be got caught when they skipping class here. Wah, such an amateur.”

“Mwoya, you should relieve now they can focus on their study since there’s not much good place to hiding when skipping class.”

“Ay, you should have fun at school. You can just study later when you’re in senior year.”

“Aigoo, please don’t make any conversation to any student if you met them. You’ll spread your troublemaker virus to them.” Jinyoung just laughed.

“It’s nice here.” Jinyoung said after sit in the bench.

“Yeah, it is.”

“It’s even better because I come here with you.”

“Heol.” Bomi tried to not getting affected by Jinyoung’s word.

“Why? I’m serious. I really missed you, you know. It’s nice to finally meet you and spending time at place full of our memories.”

“Go finish your study and then stay with me here then.” Bomi then realized her slip of tongue, “Eh, I mean you stay here at your grandma place, I stay at my foster home. I didn’t mean stay with me here as in really stay together, ehm, than kind of thing. You know what I mean right.”

“Huh? Just what are you blabbering about, Bbom-ah ~”

“Ne? Ah, if you didn’t misunderstood than its good.”

“As expected. You still as weird as I remember, Bbom.” Jinyoung laughed.

“Aish.. Stop laughing at me.”

 

“Aigoo, it’s been a while I’m laughing this much.” Jinyoung take a breath to calm himself, “By the way, what are you doing at Seoul? Hyojin Ajumma said you went to take care of your stuff, but I don’t think that’s the only reason.”

“Yeah, it’s not the main reason I go there. I went to talked and negotiate with the buyer of our neighborhood.”

“Really? How did you know about the buyer?”

“Got some information from a few tenants. Ah, no. It’s more like rumor than info to be honest.”

“So, you really get to meet the buyer?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Ah really? Maybe I can help you with it? Who’s the buyer?”

“No, it’s okay. I've already got it covered.” Bomi smiled.

“But you said you didn’t meet the buyer, so how?” Jinyoung confused.

“I’ve met someone who can help me with it. He will buy the neighborhood but all the tenants don’t have to worry about the temporary eviction on the process since he will make them back to their place in the end of the project.”

“Are you sure? Isn’t that sounded impossible?”

“No, I’ve talk to him, and it’s possible. Trust me.”

“Is that so? So everything’s fine now?”

“As long as I can get everyone consent about move from here on their own will.”

“Huh? Written one?”

“Yeah, I’ve the format for that, I just need to explain to the tenant and they will sign on the paper if they agree with it.”

“I can help you with it. I guess the sooner we collect it the better right?”

“You will? Thank you, Jinyoung-ah.”

“I love this neighborhood as much as you are. No need to thanking me.”

“I know, but still. Thank you.”

“Let’s planning how we do this.”

“Yeah, sure.”

 

---

 

Hyojin Ajumma was busy with the kids when Namjoo calling her.

“Ajumma, here, your phone.” Namjoo give her phone as someone calling her.

“Thank you, Namjoo-ya.”

Hyojin Ajumma surprised to see Mr. Wang’s name on the caller ID.

“Hello.”

“Hello, Hyojin-ssi. Can we talk now? Or are you busy?” Mr. Wang asked since he can hear the kids’ noise from the back.

“No, it’s okay to talk now, Mr. Wang.” Hyojin Ajumma said while move farther from the kids, “What’s the matter, Mr. Wang? I’m surprised that you were calling me first.”

“Ne, I’ve been wondering should I tell you about it or not. But I think it’ll be better to tell you about it so we can work it out together.”

“Is this about Baekhyun, ah, I mean, Wang Eun’s real father?”

“No, not that. This is about Wang Eun job and I need your help to make it failed.”

“I’m sorry? Did I hear it wrong? Make it failed?”

“Yes. I’m sorry if it didn’t feel right but this is for his sake too, Hyojin-ssi. Are you perhaps heard about your neighborhood renovation?”

“Yes, I heard rumor about it from month ago. How did you know about it, Mr. Wang?”

“That’s the job I’ve been talked about earlier. Wang Eun step up with the plan on

Please log in to read the full chapter