Ch. Six

Cruel Fate?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Bomi back to foster home after the meeting end. Eunji who’s been waiting for her start to questioning her as soon as she enter the house.

“Eunji-ya, talk slowly. And let her at least take a seat first.” Chanyeol said.

“Ah, sorry. I’m so worried right now. Let’s talk in family room.” Eunji said and Bomi nodded.

“You want some water, Bom?” Chanyeol asked.

Bomi slightly shake her head, “I’m fine, Oppa.”

“So? Is it that bad?” Eunji asked.

“The owner said that we can only rent our home for 1 month.”

“What?!”

“Ne, she said that. But do you know the reason she told to us?”

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked.

“She needs money for her sick son so she can’t help but to put her property in sale and there’s buyer already, that’s why we can only live here for 1 month.”

“What?” Eunji frown.

“She can’t just put the property in sale without telling the tenants beforehand.” Chanyeol said.

“She apologizes for that, but you know, they not really concern about the notice. The neighborhood apparently knew about her son condition so they kinda understand when she put the property in sell. And since the owner will pay compensation based on remaining contract we have, some of the tenants already agreeing with the owner.”

“They did?”

“Yeah, you know how the elders here. They really can’t stay put if they knew someone in needs.”

“But, if the buyer just can keep our neighborhood just as it is, isn’t it better for everyone? I mean, they want us to move out just like this. Are they really okay if they move from here?”

“I don’t know. If they still have family, I think they can ask for their family help when they still didn’t get a new place next month. I’m worry about the elders who’s living on their own.” Bomi then sigh, “And us too.”

“Don’t be discouraged, we’ve got 1 month to fight this. I’ll help you with this.” Chanyeol said.

“Thanks, Oppa.”

“What about the buyer, Bom? You’ve got information about them?” Eunji asked.

“As I said I’ve got some names. I’ll try to contact them and find a way to get a solution for this.”

“Let us help you, Bom.”

“Let me do this alone first. I’m the one in charge for this foster home anyway. If I can’t handle it I promise I’ll ask for your help.”

“Okay, you promised me, Bom.”

“Tell us if there any progress about this matter.”

“Ne, Oppa. You two can get going now. Thanks for waiting for me until now.”

“Of course we will do that. Then we will be leaving now.”

“Okay. Be careful you two. Call me when you arrived.” Eunji nodded and two of them leaving.

 

Bomi get her notebook and open her bookmark. She writes down W.E Property address on her phone, and start to preparing for her speech. Tomorrow she’ll go to the office and do what she’s been prepared today. Hyojin Ajumma and Namjoo come home and Bomi open the door for them.

“Welcome home.” Bomi said.

Namjoo went to the bathroom and Hyojin Ajumma sit down on dining room first. “Were you alone for so long?”

“No, ajumma. Eunji and Chanyeol Oppa just went not too long ago.”

“I see.”

“How is the examination?”

“They still need to work on my case before finally start the treatment. And I need to receive pre-treatment transfusion first.”

Bomi, Hyojin Ajumma and soon Namjoo joining them, continue to talk about Hyojin Ajumma condition. They can only waiting for the doctor decision at next session and doing what doctor said to do before her visit next week. After that, Bomi told about her plan tomorrow.

“Ajumma, Namjoo-ya, since Namjoo will be back next week, I’ve been planning to go back to Seoul tomorrow to get my stuff. It’s okay right?”

“Sure, Eonni.”

“Yes, Bom-ah. Do what you need to do first. I’m sorry for making you stay here.”

“Ay Ajumma, don’t say that again. I love being here with you and the kids anyway.”

“If you can’t finish it tomorrow and need to stay there for a while, it’s okay Bomi-ya. Just take your time, okay.”

“Ne, Ajumma.”

---

 

The next morning Bomi arrives at W.E Property office. She goes to information desk to ask for CEO Wang.

“I’m sorry Miss, but did you have an appointment with CEO Wang?”

“No, I haven’t.”

“I’m sorry Miss, you can’t meet him without an appointment first.”

“Then let me make an appointment now. I have free time today and I don’t mind waiting for him.”

“I’m sorry Miss, I don’t think today is possible. We only accept at least one day prior appointment. It’s our policy here, I’m sorry.”

“Is that so? So I can meet him tomorrow?”

“We will inform you about it, Miss. We need to confirm it to CEO Wang first before.”

“Alright. This is my information.” Bomi give her name card, “Please contact me as soon as you get the appointment.”

“Yes, Miss. Thank you for coming. Have a good day.”

 

But until night Bomi didn’t get any news about her appointment and she decides to just come again next morning to ask about it.

“What can I help you, Miss?”

“I want to meet CEO Wang.”

“I’m sorry Miss, but did you have an appointment with CEO Wang?”

“I made one yesterday.”

“May I know your name, Miss?”

“Yoon Bomi.”

“I’m sorry Miss, but today there’s no appointment for CEO Wang for that name.”

“Well, I haven’t received any news about it, but I’ve been told that I can meet him today if I made an appointment yesterday.”

“Yes, the soonest is one day after your appointment. But, it’s not applied for all conditions, Miss. We still adjust to CEO Wang schedule first.”

“I can’t stay in this town for that long, can you get me one, please? I’m not taking that much time I promise. It’s probably just about 20 mins tops.”

“We will get you one as soon as possible, Miss. Please wait for contact from us.”

“What about today? It’s just for 20 mins, can you slip it somewhere around his appointment?”

“I’m sorry, Miss

Please log in to read the full chapter